Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you would.
I hope you're not misinterpreting my response. I thinks it's just awful and think they probably came to the wrong conclusion. But it was really set in stone the day they overtightened the brace.

SU needs to make this right.

bcubs9497 how would a player, let's say, hypothetically, your son, ensure that he was guaranteed to be cleared to play before accepting a move to another institution?

Coaching staff is doing their level best. Those guys are pure GOLD.
Happy to hear that the staff is putting forth a strong effort for your son. I hope for nothing but the best.

Sad to say, but trying to find a silver lining in all of this... if Steven is able to find another P5 program that will allow him to suit up, his lasting legacy may be the complete overhaul of medical staff, policies and procedures .

Happy to hear that the staff is putting forth a strong effort for your son. I hope for nothing but the best.

Sad to say, but trying to find a silver lining in all of this... if Steven is able to find another P5 program that will allow him to suit up, his lasting legacy may be the complete overhaul of medical staff, policies and procedures .
Would he have to sit a year?

I suppose if he graduates, and goes as a grad transfer, he could play. But is that subject to NCAA approval?

This is all about the welfare of the student-athlete, right, NCAA?

Would he have to sit a year?

I suppose if he graduates, and goes as a grad transfer, he could play. But is that subject to NCAA approval?

This is all about the welfare of the student-athlete, right, NCAA?
Great question. Assuming he doesn't have his degree in hand, I'm not sure if the NCAA has an exception to the one year sit rule providing that the school medically disqualified him. Definitely something his parents would be able to provide some insight into. I do believe he has a redshirt year still available, should he not be granted an exception.

If he graduates, I believe he should be able to play right away. But I don't know the extent of the related rules.

Even though he has been medically disqualified to play football the scholarships is still in tact. Scholarships are now for four years. If he is released by the university to transfer to another school to play I'm not sure that the normal restrictions requiring him to sit a year wouldn't still be in tact also if he would transfer to a D1 school.

the scholie at SU is not a fball scholie now that he is DQd since he no longer goes against the 85 cap. it falls under some other program now if he stays.

The freaking SU medical staff sounds like the friggin Met's. This is exactly the type of self inflicted wound the Mets dr's would manage to pull off.

How can you assume that?
That poster is the owner of this.
hot_take_house-520x245.jpg

That poster is the owner of this.
hot_take_house-520x245.jpg

Exactly - let's just say I take him with a grain of salt with all due respect to Steven who is definitely a big loss.

Last edited:
the scholie at SU is not a fball scholie now that he is DQd since he no longer goes against the 85 cap. it falls under some other program now if he stays.
I don't know the verbage in the scholarship/contract that he signed so that is why I am not sure, even though his scholarship no longer counts toward the 85 cap, what stipulations are still in place.

How can you assume that?
He was a force on the defensive side of the ball, with Ziare. In the VaTech game he dominated and was a large part of the win. Hard, though not impossible, to see someone fill his large shoes. I thought he was an NFL caliber talent. What it boils down to for this season is for the Orange will be 1 or 2 games that will get them bowl eligible. The margin of error is razor thin and this, to me, pushed it to the other side.

He was a force on the defensive side of the ball, with Ziare. In the VaTech game he dominated and was a large part of the win. Hard, though not impossible, to see someone fill his large shoes. I thought he was an NFL caliber talent. What it boils down to for this season is for the Orange will be 1 or 2 games that will get them bowl eligible. The margin of error is razor thin and this, to me, pushed it to the other side.
Did you watch the same VPI game as the board. The offense won us that game. They dominated and gassed the Virginia Tech D. With long 4th quarter drives and 4th down conversions.

Clark is a nice player and somebody with our depth sucks to lose but please with this. Our offense is going to determine whether we get to a bowl.

The hyperbole is strong with your posts.

Did you watch the same VPI game as the board. The offense won us that game. They dominated and gassed the Virginia Tech D. With long 4th quarter drives and 4th down conversions.

Clark is a nice player and somebody with our depth sucks to lose but please with this. Our offense is going to determine whether we get to a bowl.

That was because our D stymied their highly explosive offense and got the ball back. And Clark did some heavy lifting in that effort.

In my opinion, the reason why Zaire was able to accrue so many tackles is because Steven kept the guards and center from moving up into the secondary. As far as an NFL calibre DT? I personally don't think so. Not that he sucks; rather there are a number of other DTs in his class that would probably be selected before him. But, there was talk behind the scenes of him being a mid-level OL pick. Was told 3rd round or so.

In my opinion, the reason why Zaire was able to accrue so many tackles is because Steven kept the guards and center from moving up into the secondary. As far as an NFL caliber DT? I personally don't think so. But, there was talk behind the scenes of him being a mid-level OL pick. Was told 3rd round or so.
He has the motor.

bcubs9497 how would a player, let's say, hypothetically, your son, ensure that he was guaranteed to be cleared to play before accepting a move to another institution?
Well, here's how it's working; Steven got permission to look around. He sent that permission letter to some programs. There have been some responses. Those programs have requested the documentation from Tucker and the vascular surgeon. I assume each team physician will review the documentation and come to a determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.