Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all of this is fair and I hope Dino sees the minimal/zero expectations he has at Syracuse if he can somehow get this team to the 6 win plateau. My whole point is Syracuse shouldn't chase a guy if he feels underpaid if he suddenly gets this team to 9-10 wins. We won't win that battle no matter what. Hope you built something comfortable for Dino and he decides to stay at the market value Syracuse has paid for him.

If he gets us to 9-10 wins he will be underpaid. But I don't think we'll be chasing. I think we'll pay him.

Will get SU degree and not pursue playing at other schools. Did I miss this?

Nope. That's what he wants to do.
Seems like a wise decision and also that the coaching staff did their best to make it happen. So is the plan to graduate ASAP, and then get cleared and transfer to play again?

Seems like a wise decision and also that the coaching staff did their best to make it happen. So is the plan to graduate ASAP, and then get cleared and transfer to play again?
No. If he wanted to transfer he could have done it now and played elsewhere.

His plan is to graduate and apply to grad school. Football was never THE goal, but a means to an end.

Hope he finds a place on our staff eventually if thats what he chooses to put his mind and experience towards.

His plan is to graduate and apply to grad school. Football was never THE goal, but a means to an end.
Thank you, wasn't implying it was. Just that a chance at NFL was a distinct possibility before this (and maybe still is). So I thought after getting his undergraduate degree (without this injury) he would pursue such an opportunity. Best of luck to Steven and the whole family!

Thank you, wasn't implying it was. Just that a chance at NFL was a distinct possibility before this (and maybe still is). So I thought after getting his undergraduate degree (without this injury) he would pursue such an opportunity. Best of luck to Steven and the whole family!

There was "behind the scenes" talk of him being a potential draft pick as an OL. He didn't want to play OL, though. Not his thing.

Nope. There's no graduate PA program at SU

SUNY upstate has a graduate PA program, and I think SU has some kind of agreement/affiliation with them. I am not absolutely sure what their connection is, but it may be something you might want to look at.
Best wishes to Steven and all.

Last edited:
"SUNY upstate has a graduate PA program, and I think SU has some kind of agreement/affiliation with them. I am not absolutely sure what their connection is, but it may be something you might want to look at."

I was aware of there being a program in upstate. Didn't know, specifically, that it was SUNY (or if I did, I forgot). We'll be looking at SUNY as an option when the time comes.

There was "behind the scenes" talk of him being a potential draft pick as an OL. He didn't want to play OL, though. Not his thing.
I don't know Steven at all, but what I've learned from this thread in general, and this post in particular, tells me a great deal about him. I know you are proud, and you should be.

So refreshing nowadays to see a young man who puts the student back in student-athlete. Cynicism about college athletics is at an all time high and scandals about fake classes and academic impropriety dominate. Here is a kid who at the very least showed borderline pro football abilities who recognizes the opportunity he has been given and values the educational experience that he has at his disposal. Terribly disappointed we won't see Steven on the field again but so refreshing to see the maturity he is showing through this challenge. Clearly he was raised right. You should be very proud, Cubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.