Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flawed, that's all I have to say on this topic. Flawed system, flawed decision, flawed admin for not doing something about this.

GL to Steven. This is going to hurt even worse when teams run right down our throats all year.

So tell me again how fortunate we are to have Wildhack as our AD???

Look, this sucks for Steven and his family, but I don't think Wildhack is the right guy to blame here. Wildhack could fire the doctor, but it's not like he could clear him. Also, in this day and age, there is no world where and AD would ever fire a team doctor for disqualifying someone. In fact, I wouldn't WANT that to become a precedent.

I'm should note that I am upset and sad about this situation too, and more than anything else I feel awful for Steven and Bcubs. However, we need to nip the AD bashing in the bud.

Hopefully he can play without sitting out a year. Is that possible under these circumstances?

Look, this sucks for Steven and his family, but I don't think Wildhack is the right guy to blame here. Wildhack could fire the doctor, but it's not like he could clear him. Also, in this day and age, there is no world where and AD would ever fire a team doctor for disqualifying someone. In fact, I wouldn't WANT that to become a precedent.

I'm should note that I am upset and sad about this situation too, and more than anything else I feel awful for Steven and Bcubs. However, we need to nip the AD bashing in the bud.
This is an SU Athletic Department FAIL.

Something tells me I'm going to be cheering for Steven on Sundays in the not too distant future. Unfortunately he won't be saying "Syracuse University" during the defensive introductions.

So when is the decision made then? It appears to be a recurring theme, not just with Steven. Someone at some time needs to make the call. This isn't a good look for SU

So when is the decision made then? It appears to be a recurring theme, not just with Steven. Someone at some time needs to make the call. This isn't a good look for SU

Look, I'm not in the Syracuse administration, I don't know when would be best. However, if you want to know a worse look, think about the optics of a talented and promising player getting disqualified, firing the doctor, hiring another doctor, and clearing the player.

Paging Wildhack...what in the world are you waiting for?!?! This is beyond frustrating.

Best of luck to Steve Clark wherever he ends up. He deserves to play for a program that tries.

I can accept the smoking ban. I can accept not being able to count the birds outside at halftime. I can accept multiple rebuilding years. I can accept flying across the world to support a losing team.

I can not accept watching multiple players be medically DQ'd at SU, but go on to other institutions and have full, healthy playing careers.

Somebody needs to explain this. I haven't been this mad since my alarm clock went off this morning. I'm legit thinking about cancelling my LSU trip, and trading it for a basketball trip.

Look, I'm not in the Syracuse administration, I don't know when would be best. However, if you want to know a worse look, think about the optics of a talented and promising player getting disqualified, firing the doctor, hiring another doctor, and clearing the player.

If that's your stance fine, I just disagree with it. Not saying Steven needs to be reinstated.

The doctor is going against a 3-1 decision. At the rate he DQs players no matter when he's let go it will look like he was let go due to a DQ decision.

IMG_0204.png

According to the Dr in Rochester, Dr DiFino was in agreement with him.

Tucker is doing what Syracuse wants or they wouldn't continue the relationship.

The athletic department, general counsel for the school, and Board of trustees need to be inundated with complaints.

Tucker isn't an expert and it appears he is doing whatever can mitigate legal action against the school instead of doing what is in the best interests of his patients.

This is extremely frustrating. This is not working in the best interest of the student athlete if he's cleared to play by a current top 25 team.

Maybe the university needs to make a decision to give up football if it's going to be like this because we aren't going anywhere if guys are going to get DQ'd because the medical staff messed up and they want to cover their azzes.

This is extremely frustrating. This is not working in the best interest of the student athlete if he's cleared to play by a current top 25 team.
Tucker it appears doesn't care about the best interest of the student he cares what will protect Syracuse University from lawsuits.

Honestly this case just crystallizes we have a chickenbleep organization over a best interest of the player organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.