Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only conclude again and again, year after year, that God is against this program ...and maybe Dr. Tucker is too.

This sounds like the administration, in attempting to get independent, unbiased medical evaluations, have actually married themselves to someone in Tucker who is suspect of football play in particular.

And now everyone suffers because of one man--Steve, his family, and the fan base. This is nuts. But I'm sure the Admin just LOVES them some Dr. Tucker

I can only conclude again and again, year after year, that God is against this program ...and maybe Dr. Tucker is too.

This sounds like the administration, in attempting to get independent, unbiased medical evaluations, have actually married themselves to someone in Tucker who is suspect of football play in particular.

And now everyone suffers because of one man--Steve, his family, and the fan base. This is nuts. But I'm sure the Admin just LOVES them some Dr. Tucker

We will field a full team, step off the ledge.

CWORybTUkAANghP

He did. What you have at the end of all of this are 5 doctors (3 hematologists, WMU's team doc, and a vascular surgeon) all saying Steven can play, and Tucker (quite possibly with the backing of senior level admin) saying "screw you, anyways".

Bcubs - did you expect any other result? I didn't but still am mad as he!!...will be sending an email soon as well.

Tucker is a stubborn, old and egotistical man who is stuck in the past. FADMC wanted the process changed or Tucker gone because he's NOT QUALIFIED to run the medical staff at a P5 level university and this ordeal with Steven especially confirms what you've gone through with the absolute broken DQ process and a lack of an appeal process based upon new medical evidence and diagnosis - obviously worse than I ever imagined because there simply is no PROFESSIONAL DQ process in place at SU.

Wildhack has no basis for comparison. The only hope for Steven at this point is for Tucker to be FIRED immediately before the end of next week (I know highly unlikely but miracles do happen) and get a qualified doc with sports medicine background and experience to head up the medical group at SU.

Best of luck wherever Steven ends up. It's positively mind boggling so many other universities will take him. May want to shop around I'm sure some SEC teams will take Steven...ACC may not take him out of respect for another ACC team but how ironic would it be if he played against us in the future.

I'd think not. Am curious, though, as to any sort of acknowledgement of receipt, and the tone used in that acknowledgement.

As of 1:00 PM, the only responses I have are automated "Thank you for your message. I am out of my office through Friday."

FYI, sent to Wildhack, each Board of Trustee member, and chancellor's office.

Your conclusion is that "God" is against this program?

I don't post much but read pretty much everything here. This makes me so sad/angry for 2 reasons...it confirms my suspicions that the admin isn't all in on football and that we are losing one of my favorite players since he step foot on campus. I will miss watching him play for Syracuse and had high hopes of him dominating the line his last 2 years here.

I know for myself...if this is part of a bigger issue of the admin not giving the support needed and we end up losing Dino because of it I will not be renewing my 4 season tickets.
I think the bigger point that some people are either missing or failing to express is how the player is being treated. Whether this reflects on the administration's commitment to sports or whether this puts our coaching staff at a disadvantage doesn't matter if it's what is best for the player. It's clear from this situation and the Knapp situation that player safety isn't the reasoning for these decisions. That's the bigger issue. If we were DQing kids to save their health while other schools were sending kids down the CTE assembly line, I'd be all for our stance on things. However, our team physician ignores expert opinion, Clark scenario, and fails to explore viable treatment options, Knapp scenario. That speaks to stubbornness or ignorance, either of which should disqualify him from his position of autonomy.

I emailed Wildhack. nada so far. Hell, Gross used to respond when I emailed him back in the day.

Someone got an auto-reply that said he was out of the office through Friday...

As of 1:00 PM, the only responses I have are automated "Thank you for your message. I am out of my office through Friday."

FYI, sent to Wildhack, each Board of Trustee member, and chancellor's office.

I got the response I assuemed I would get:
Good afternoon, PAcuse,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the issue of student-athlete medical welfare. Of paramount importance to Syracuse Athletics is the health and wellness of our students-athletes. Any decision to medically disqualify a player is made solely by our team physician. As Director of Athletics, I support the decisions of our medical staff and their commitment to the health of our student-athletes.

Thank you for your interest and support of SU Athletics.

Sincerely,
John

John Wildhack
Director of Athletics

T 315.443.8705 M 315.560.7223
jwildhac

Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
Manley Field House
1301 E. Colvin Street
Syracuse, NY 13244
syr.edu | cuse.com

Status