Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Steven takes his RS this year.
Graduates and goes and plays 2 years somewhere else.

I get protecting liability but I trust the father knows best for his son and if he thinks his son is safe and been cleared he should be allowed to play. The Syracuse concussion protocol and now this stresses the school is fearful of litigation at all cost.
The RS year is taken at the new institution. Short of some sort of appeal and if Steven wants to continue playing then this does appear to be the best route for him.

Whatever the eventual outcome we'll all be rooting for Steven on the field and in life.

I'll start by saying I'm not very smart, so this might be a stupid question. But I'm assuming there is no waiver you can sign saying you won't sue SU if he plays and something happens? Or are they not worth the paper they are written on?

I'll start by saying I'm not very smart, so this might be a stupid question. But I'm assuming there is no waiver you can sign saying you won't sue SU if he plays and something happens? Or are they not worth the paper they are written on?
Nope. Nada.

Oh, and get this. Dr Tucker said that if Steven were to begin taking xarelto again, he might be able to play next year.
From personal experience, please do not let him take xarelto without a ton of research (and even then I would be hard pressed to take it given what I've seen)

From personal experience, please do not let him take xarelto without a ton of research (and even then I would be hard pressed to take it given what I've seen)

Is that the one Arnold Palmer, Kevin Nealon and that NASCAR driver used to advertise?

Cubs, was anyone from the football staff or AD office involved in this evening's discussion or just Dr. Tucker?

Wait... what???? That doesn't even make sense?
I know, right? DiFino takes him off the xarelto just days after the spring game, then wants him back on it, with Tucker saying that maybe he might get cleared next year.

Cubs, was anyone from the football staff or AD office involved in this evening's discussion or just Dr. Tucker?
As far as I know, just Tucker. Almost positive that the coaching staff has absolutely no say in the matter.

What? How many months has he already been on blood thinners? All the clots are gone so why would they want him on thinners?
Roughly 6 months, maybe 7.

I hope Bailey is getting all of this. The University is full of incompetence which unfortunately extends to the athletics department. The more public this is, the more outrage is expressed at the unfairness and ineptitude that is being revealed, the more likely it is that the University will be forced to change.

I hope Bailey is getting all of this. The University is full of incompetence which unfortunately extends to the athletics department. The more public this is, the more outrage is expressed at the unfairness and ineptitude that is being revealed, the more likely it is that the University will be forced to change.

Agreed

When does UAB start back up?
Have your son Get a RS and graduate. Get the hell out and tell the doctor good day sir.
Troy University to me would be another option too if he can get cleared since they are in Alabama too. Hopefully they will be able to keep their head coach (Neil Brown) for a few more years but he's turned the program around this year. More of an up tempo style and he was also QB at UK when Hal Mumme was the coach. They also hired a really good DC last year (Vic Koenning) and he improved their D...really good past of DC stints too.

Status
Not open for further replies.