Syracuse football players sit out first practice with coronavirus concerns | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football players sit out first practice with coronavirus concerns

Because they have a conscious disregard for science - including a dismissive attitude towards Covid - which in turn will impact our program and community - bringing unwanted risk and likely a lot of illness our way. I'd happily exchange BYU or any of the other schools you mention in lieu of that madrassa.
I don’t care if we cancel or play that game but if what you say re: illness is true, their team won’t make it the couple months between now and our game; right? If they’re not doing what they should cases will pop up and they’ll have to scrap things or all opponents will be compelled to do so.

Does anyone think the players were a little annoyed at how late they were told that their scholarships would be honored if they opted out? I know you should never read tone in quotes but when I read that Servais quote I couldn’t help but wonder.

If this is about Liberty then play 10 games or find an FCS.

As many have guessed would happen, the snowball rolling down the hill is getting bigger and bigger.

Because it’s a sham college run by a bunch of hypocrites using it to enrich themselves and their friends.
Not sure why you think it is a sham college. My Masters degree from Liberty has been very marketable and my two kids already have jobs lined up after they graduate. The enrichment of college leaders and their friends is the same at a majority of Universities and Colleges.

So is this about Liberty or did someone just want to whine about Liberty and now the whole thread is dedicated to that?

This article makes no mention of them and focuses on Wildhack wanting increased ACC testing measures... the only non-ACC team on our schedule is, in fact, Liberty.

From the article (6th paragraph):

The source said players were worried other ACC schools, as well as non-conference opponent Liberty, won’t be as careful as Syracuse.

Many of you can't separate politics from sports. Beyond your personal feelings, why should SU and other schools not play them? Should we treat BYU the same way? How about the service academies?
To answer your question is really simple. If you separate politics from sports theses days, you do so at your own peril: life or death. Anyone with a brain in their head should understand this!

From the article:

The source said players were worried other ACC schools, as well as non-conference opponent Liberty, won’t be as careful as Syracuse.
So, this not Liberty specific, yet that’s all we’re talking about.

At least we got that clarified.

Do we know if any other ACC programs are having unified pushback? I have no idea what the testing protocols are... you’d definitely hope the league would mandate certain standards to give guidance to their members.

They will practice tomorrow, get liberty off the schedule and get buffalo if we can less virus cases

Not sure why you think it is a sham college. My Masters degree from Liberty has been very marketable and my two kids already have jobs lined up after they graduate. The enrichment of college leaders and their friends is the same at a majority of Universities and Colleges.
It’s a sham because legitimate colleges don‘t act like a tax exempt front to direct money and power to the president and his friends. I’m sure there are some good programs there, although personally I would be skeptical of a science degree from Liberty.

MAC coaches are considering moving football to the Spring. Meeting concludes tomorrow.

Makes a TON of sense.

And buys those schools time to reassess the lay of the land in six months time, wait for a prospective vaccine, etc.

Last edited:
lol UB’s a significant upgrade from Rutgers and Liberty. This, if nothing else, would be an absolute war of a schedule.

They will practice tomorrow, get liberty off the schedule and get buffalo if we can less virus cases
I wonder if the team will be able to make up the 1st 2 practices if they want to later. I don't see why not.

Last edited:
I dunno, how about that it’s not an education based in science or knowledge, but religious rhetoric?
Or that they actively squash freedom of speech?
Or that they are against diversity, and VERY anti-LGBTQ?
Or that it’s headed up by an atrocious human being?

You can’t say any of that about BYU or the service academies.

(well, except for “headed up by an atrocious human being” part for the latter -
since I guess, technically Trump is in charge of those.
... Ironic, try being a conservative like Ben Shapiro and speak at SU.

Makes a TON of sense.

And buys those schools time to reassess the lay of the land in six months time, wait for a prospective vaccine, etc.
Players want nothing to do w spring football

I dunno, how about that it’s not an education based in science or knowledge, but religious rhetoric?
Or that they actively squash freedom of speech?
Or that they are against diversity, and VERY anti-LGBTQ?
Or that it’s headed up by an atrocious human being?

You can’t say any of that about BYU or the service academies.

(well, except for “headed up by an atrocious human being” part for the latter -
since I guess, technically Trump is in charge of those.
You're not familiar with BYU or the mormon faith, are you?

Players want nothing to do w spring football

They apparently don't want anything to do with fall football, either, under the current circumstances.

So, we can either have a fall season likely get cancelled or start and derail, or we can try to buy a little team and have a semblance of a season.

They apparently don't want anything to do with fall football, either, under the current circumstances.

So, we can either have a fall season likely get cancelled or start and derail, or we can try to buy a little team and have a semblance of a season.
Yes they do they want better testing
No player wants to test positive not for fear of the virus that is causing 99.9 % of them no harm or symptoms no player wants to sit 3 games if they test positive when more testing of opposing teams can stop positive test .

Yes they do they want better testing
No player wants to test positive not for fear of the virus that is causing 99.9 % of them no harm or symptoms no player wants to sit 3 games if they test positive when more testing of opposing teams can stop positive test .
Can stop transmission

This is all hyperbole and assumptions. There was supposed to be a massive outbreak of Covid when Liberty reopened their campus in the spring - at least that’s what we were told. But there wasn’t.

The game is 2 months away. If Liberty has an outbreak or they’re shown to be unsafe after they open campus, then I’m sure the appropriate measures will be taken on our end. The constant bashing of Liberty on this board because of political differences is exhausting.

BREAKING: “The Executive Committee of Liberty University’s Board of Trustees, met today and requested that Jerry Falwell, Jr. take an indefinite leave of absence from his roles as President and Chancellor of Liberty University, to which he has agreed, effective immediately.”

4:49 PM · Aug 7, 2020·Tweetlogix

Team is is taking every precuation to keep players safe!