Syracuse hires Pat March, former Princeton OC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse hires Pat March, former Princeton OC

I’ve talked to a few guys who currently play in the Ivy and all have said March is an incredible coach, very creative, great recruiter ..”huge pick up for the Orange”

So I’m pretty excited about it

The staff and their support team offers a nice blend of youth, vibrancy, competency and experience.The strength coach Missen brought another dimension last year and is beloved by the players , Gerlt is appreciated and heads up a training staff that is top notch. The addition of March furthers the composition

Everyone on offense is now a freshman as far as experiences within the offense. While there seems to be a lot optimism I would be willing to wager there will be a fairly steep learning curve

Everyone on offense is now a freshman as far as experiences within the offense. While there seems to be a lot optimism I would be willing to wager there will be a fairly steep learning curve

In his first year at Princeton, the Tigers had a top two scoring offense.

Last edited:
Lax squad lost some leads (also had some comebacks) last year that frustrated but.....they never laid an egg like the football team did today

Maryland football is not exactly Alabama.

Lax squad lost some leads (also had some comebacks) last year that frustrated but...they never laid an egg like the football team did today

Maryland football is not exactly Alabama.

But Syracuse lacrosse is (supposed to be) Alabama. Syracuse football is, well, Syracuse football. ;)

March is going to have to adapt his offense to SU as well, Desko isnt abandoning our current offense for strictly the 1-4-1.

Not sure how to link to it, but LSN has an interview up with Pat March on their app. Very much worth watching. I’m sure you’ll be able to link to it on twitter at some point.

March is going to have to adapt his offense to SU as well, Desko isnt abandoning our current offense for strictly the 1-4-1.

I think it will probably be a balancing act, but I don't think they brought in March to run to West Genny system, if he already has a system that works pretty well for him. After all SU hasn't been running the West Genny system for their entire history. My reaction to his interview with LSN was that he doesn't really get bogged down with schemes and systems and is much more focused on the player. I think that's the way it should be. I think he'll bring a different view point, and it sounds like he is pretty open minded about trying new and different things, and personally I think that's exactly what SU needs now.

The Atlanta Blaze made the MLL playoffs over the weekend, which is good news for March, but the semifinals are Friday, October 4th, and the Championship Game is Sunday, October 6th. All games in Denver. This might pose a problem since SU has a scrimmage with DU in Cortland NY on Saturday October 5th. Any idea how they'll figure it all out?

I think it will probably be a balancing act, but I don't think they brought in March to run to West Genny system, if he already has a system that works pretty well for him. After all SU hasn't been running the West Genny system for their entire history. My reaction to his interview with LSN was that he doesn't really get bogged down with schemes and systems and is much more focused on the player. I think that's the way it should be. I think he'll bring a different view point, and it sounds like he is pretty open minded about trying new and different things, and personally I think that's exactly what SU needs now.

The Atlanta Blaze made the MLL playoffs over the weekend, which is good news for March, but the semifinals are Friday, October 4th, and the Championship Game is Sunday, October 6th. All games in Denver. This might pose a problem since SU has a scrimmage with DU in Cortland NY on Saturday October 5th. Any idea how they'll figure it all out?

Not sure how that will work out. Desko may give him a pass because its a scrimmage but I have to imagine his main $$ is the SU gig so perhaps he makes it a point to be there.

Not sure how that will work out. Desko may give him a pass because its a scrimmage but I have to imagine his main $$ is the SU gig so perhaps he makes it a point to be there.

I would bet quite a bit of $$ that SU is giving him more $$ than the Atlanta Blaze. I would hope he does whatever he has to do to be present for our first scrimmage.

F4E2BE4A-F5DD-4A3A-9C9C-0CA234E0DC7F.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom