Syracuse hiring Alex Kline as GM | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse hiring Alex Kline as GM

That post may not age well.
I like your hint here. I'd be enthusiastic if we could get somebody better than Carey to be our third center and second or third power forward.

It may also be that Carey was my binky prospect and I'll never let him go.

I think Carey would have been ok as a trunk monkey third center and third power forward. He wasn't great, but I have my doubts that we will get someone even as good as him to be our 5th big man for this falls team.

And highly unlikely to have Carey's nebulous upside.
Weve gotten so used to bad recruits that we just say they have "upside". Red has consistently brought more talent in and if he thinks he can get someone better then Carey i trust him.

Fair
Weve gotten so used to bad recruits that we just say they have "upside". Red has consistently brought more talent in and if he thinks he can get someone better then Carey i trust him.
Fair enough. I trust Red's recruiting for the most part.

And Dasher laying out some serious hints something good is happening doesn't hurt.

Knowing nothing about Alex prior to his hiring, reading what others have said about him here and listening to that interview has me pretty amped up for what he is going to do for the program. I love the breath of fresh air that has been injected into the program and the direction that it's headed in since Red took over. Even more, it's just really heartwarming to continue to hear from various people how genuine and down-to-earth the staff is. Really looking forward to seeing where SU goes in the next several years.

Knowing nothing about Alex prior to his hiring, reading what others have said about him here and listening to that interview has me pretty amped up for what he is going to do for the program. I love the breath of fresh air that has been injected into the program and the direction that it's headed in since Red took over. Even more, it's just really heartwarming to continue to hear from various people how genuine and down-to-earth the staff is. Really looking forward to seeing where SU goes in the next several years.
Agree. Thinking he's a glorified GA because of his youthful appearance would be a mistake. This guy is smart (SU alum) and has great experience. He will be a value add for the program, and not just scouting and NIL. Imagine if we had hired him 4-5 years ago (and maybe avoided some of the roster disasters we suffered through)! Welcome home, Alex.

Last edited:
Great interview! They probably won’t say it directly, but it’s very clear that we are striving to build the culture that UConn has had under Hurley. This is the only way to even enter that level of play, no team last year was even close to UConn’s level. Hopefully along the way, we find the competitive advantage over UConn because it should be assumed they are already brainstorming on how to continue innovating there program.