Syracuse hiring Alex Kline as GM | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse hiring Alex Kline as GM

This is huge. Autry has been recruiting the high school ranks at a great level. Transfers have been a little above average. Expect that to improve with this hire. We’ll have more money to throw around at transfers now and you’ll likely see a direct correlation next off season

Very excited about this! Amazing to have someone like this on the payroll. Probably going to be tough for Coach Autry to stop our Athletic Department and other coaches from not trying to get him involved with their programs lol. Thinking ahead, but certainly wouldn’t be shocked if he is successful that we have JW successor down the road to prevent him from leaving for an executive job in the NBA.

Good hire. Maybe a great hire. I would guess we are going to be more of a factor recruiting in NYC in the future.
This is another good sign that the University realizes that they need to be good to great in football, and basketball.
So when the next round of musical chairs come we will have a seat at the table.
Unfortunately if you want to play with the Big Boys, it costs money.

To use a term from the kids, not sure people here realize how much aura a Red-Straughn-Kline trio will have on the recruiting trail. Look out, Red's just getting this thing started.
I don’t think Kline is going to go out and recruit kids. I think his role is more so identifying players (hs and portal) for Red and the coaches to go recruit as well as other NIL related matters.

I don’t think Kline is going to go out and recruit kids. I think his role is more so identifying players (hs and portal) for Red and the coaches to go recruit as well as other NIL related matters.
Figuratively, by 'identifying' and connecting with players & coaches, he's recruiting. Didn't necessarily mean physically there

there's another addition that should be official in july.. almost there
No Way Omg GIF by Laff

This and telling Peter Carey he should move on. Red is a serious dude. Not holding back or pulling punches.
I think Carey would have been ok as a trunk monkey third center and third power forward. He wasn't great, but I have my doubts that we will get someone even as good as him to be our 5th big man for this falls team.

And highly unlikely to have Carey's nebulous upside.