Syracuse is 8-4 in September... | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse is 8-4 in September...

Scooch

Living Legend
...and 7-6 in October, and 2-7 November, under Marrone.

I find this trend to be really troublesome. We seem to regress as the season goes along.

I don't know what's going on, but it's really not that much fun following this program once we hit November, that's for sure.

Two years of going on a losing streak when you only need one more freaking game to become bowl eligible. How long will this streak go?

Regress? Uh no - we stop playing non-BCS schools.

Actually our OOC schedule is stronger then our conference schedule. The BE blows. That to me is what is troubling. If we were in the ACC you can say that we have a swoon in November because we are not ready to play at that level. But the BE is awful. PSU, Minn, NW, USC, Toledo, Wake and Wash are all good enough to win the BE. It makes no sense. On top of that you would expect the young players to get better and make more of an impact as the year went on.

Um, its because we stop playing the non-conferences patsies in November. It's not that we regress, it's because we play average teams who play superior to us, or just out-coach us. I mean really... how hard is it to figure out the 2nd half play calling was a QB run or hand-off, and yet we were dumbfounded on how to stop it. Way to adjust, SU! You forced 5 1st half TOs, and didn't punt in the 2nd half, yet still couldn't beat a below-avg Uconn team.

Regress? Uh no - we stop playing non-BCS schools.

We play Big East teams in both October AND November, but we play them better in October, to be sure.

The first two years the excuse was lack of depth. Now I get the feeling it's because teams see 7-8 games on tape, and know exactly how to beat us. Sadly we don't seem to be able to do the same.

Oh well, thankfully our Crapvembers coincide with hoops starting. :noidea:

Last year we seemed pretty beaten up. This year, not so much. Marrone's close game magic is wearing off. His teams' ability to play tough on the road is all but gone. Lost to a bad team today. Ironically it reminded me of a few of those P losses like RU 03 or Temple 04.

Last year we seemed pretty beaten up. This year, not so much. Marrone's close game magic is wearing off. His teams' ability to play tough on the road is all but gone. Lost to a bad team today. Ironically it reminded me of a few of those P losses like RU 03 or Temple 04.

I don'tt see that as a fair comparison. Those were games we were favored by 20+ points. Today, we were dogs. Not remotely close to being similar. Those RU and Temple games were unfathomable. Today, we played a team in our stratosphere on the road and lost. Not exactly a shocker. Unquestionably disappointing, but I don't think the CFB world is looking at their Bottom Line in utter disbelief.

I don'tt see that as a fair comparison. Those were games we were favored by 20+ points. Today, we were dogs. Not remotely close to being similar. Those RU and Temple games were unfathomable. Today, we played a team in our stratosphere on the road and lost. Not exactly a shocker. Unquestionably disappointing, but I don't think the CFB world is looking at their Bottom Line in utter disbelief.

I don't care about the CFB world's bottom line. Bottom line for SU is that was a terrible team we lost to today. Just putrid. And we were more putrid than them.

Nuff said.

Cheers,
Neil

you would expect the young players to get better and make more of an impact as the year went on.
I sure expected to see this happen this year.It hasn't happened and in fact they look to be regressing to me.

Bottom line for SU is that was a terrible team we lost to today. Just putrid. And we were more putrid than them.

Nuff said.

Cheers,
Neil

Exactly!For the life of me,I can't understand taking comfort in the fact that we were an underdog to a team as bad as UCONN.That is actually far more alarming if you ask me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom