Syracuse NIL Store | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse NIL Store

Because Electronic Arts was forced to pay players for using their jersey numbers and other info that clearly matched the real players. SU starts selling multiple jerseys with just the numbers of current players like Shrader, Rhino, Jesse Edwards, etc. We know exactly which players those numbers represent. Could be another lawsuit if players don't get paid.

Anyway, my point was that because of the transfer portal, I would be hesitant to buy a jersey of a current player with his name on it, unless they already made significant contributions to the program. If it just had the number, I would be more likely to buy it.
EA also had video characters that looked and moved just like the players. So it was more than just the #. Under your interpretation all of the past #44s need to get paid when a #44 Jersey is sold. Not sure if the law would go that far. It would be interesting to see if it did.

A day late and a Duce short...

Syracuse University Athletics is partnering with Campus Ink on an initiative for Orange student-athletes' Name, Image and Likeness opportunities. The Syracuse NIL Store is an additional NIL Merchandising solution for Syracuse student-athletes, with an anticipated launch date of mid-January 2023.

"The Syracuse NIL store is another vehicle for our student-athletes to participate in Name, Image and Likeness opportunities," said Syracuse Director of Athletics John Wildhack. "The partnership with Campus Ink is an exciting opportunity for student-athletes to build and leverage their brand with personal merchandise in their digital lockers. NIL remains front and center in our department priorities and we will continue to provide resources for our student-athletes to capitalize on NIL opportunities."

The Syracuse NIL Store will serve as a complete NIL merchandising store for Cuse student-athletes, featuring officially licensed apparel. The store will act as a hub for student-athletes to partner with designers and make apparel that uses officially licensed Syracuse marks. Every student-athlete who signs up will possess a personalized digital locker room which will house their merchandise.

The NIL Store handles all the creative, product creation, design, marketing, fulfillment and customer service for its student-athletes. Additionally, the NIL Store works directly with student-athletes to educate them on merchandising, marketing and sales trends to develop strategies for optimal success.

Hey, get some 3X gear. We have a lot of fat fans, in case you haven't noticed it sitting on the bleacher seats these past 10 or 20 years ...

A day late and a Duce short...

Syracuse University Athletics is partnering with Campus Ink on an initiative for Orange student-athletes' Name, Image and Likeness opportunities. The Syracuse NIL Store is an additional NIL Merchandising solution for Syracuse student-athletes, with an anticipated launch date of mid-January 2023.

"The Syracuse NIL store is another vehicle for our student-athletes to participate in Name, Image and Likeness opportunities," said Syracuse Director of Athletics John Wildhack. "The partnership with Campus Ink is an exciting opportunity for student-athletes to build and leverage their brand with personal merchandise in their digital lockers. NIL remains front and center in our department priorities and we will continue to provide resources for our student-athletes to capitalize on NIL opportunities."

The Syracuse NIL Store will serve as a complete NIL merchandising store for Cuse student-athletes, featuring officially licensed apparel. The store will act as a hub for student-athletes to partner with designers and make apparel that uses officially licensed Syracuse marks. Every student-athlete who signs up will possess a personalized digital locker room which will house their merchandise.

The NIL Store handles all the creative, product creation, design, marketing, fulfillment and customer service for its student-athletes. Additionally, the NIL Store works directly with student-athletes to educate them on merchandising, marketing and sales trends to develop strategies for optimal success.

Hey, stock more "fat guy" sizes of apparel. Not all male sports fans weigh 200 lbs or less. The stuff will sell in 3X and 4X. There are WAY more of us than there are "mediums" who are older than high school age.

Syracuse should be selling Nike jerseys with player names and numbers on them if they aren't already. That was one of the reasons NIL had been debated on. T-shirts aren't going to cut it when it comes to merch especially if the designs aren't appealing.
I may be misremembering, but I don’t think the NIL gear can have any reference to the school. I have to believe a jersey would violate this.

I may be misremembering, but I don’t think the NIL gear can have any reference to the school. I have to believe a jersey would violate this.
If that's true, thanks for clarifying.

It can if it is product that there is a licensing deal between the school and player. So I have no doubt this is true.

Don't believe this is correct. When we sourced our SyraCRUZ Tailgate T-shirts (2023 ediition available soon!) we worked with the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Licensing for the University to identify a vendor. NIL Merchandise CAN be co-marketed with the University using trademarks if done through an approved partner, The University is paid a 10% royalty on such merchandise. The athlete must receive at least the same but can negotiate more. In our case 25 - 30% of all sales goes to the athlete.

Don't believe this is correct. When we sourced our SyraCRUZ Tailgate T-shirts (2023 ediition available soon!) we worked with the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Licensing for the University to identify a vendor. NIL Merchandise CAN be co-marketed with the University using trademarks if done through an approved partner, The University is paid a 10% royalty on such merchandise. The athlete must receive at least the same but can negotiate more. In our case 25 - 30% of all sales goes to the athlete.
OK, thanks. To the original question then, is it perhaps that Nike SU gear with a player name and number would constitute a contract with Nike, thereby putting deals with other apparel brands at risk?

All the potential nuances of this are fascinating to me.

OK, thanks. To the original question then, is it perhaps that Nike SU gear with a player name and number would constitute a contract with Nike, thereby putting deals with other apparel brands at risk?

All the potential nuances of this are fascinating to me.
I would think the biggest issue with Nike and other major brands would be the minimum orders they require for each spec. Items for resale are subject to significant order minimums. I don’t know if the contract would allow a local company to add the name placards, but the numbers would be the bigger issue.

I would think the biggest issue with Nike and other major brands would be the minimum orders they require for each spec. Items for resale are subject to significant order minimums. I don’t know if the contract would allow a local company to add the name placards, but the numbers would be the bigger issue.

I don't think Nike prints the names of the backs of jerseys, do they? I think the schools put the names on. I mean, we have 2 guys sharing the same number sometimes.

I don't think Nike prints the names of the backs of jerseys, do they? I think the schools put the names on. I mean, we have 2 guys sharing the same number sometimes.
Agreed. As I said it is the numbers that would be a bigger issue with an entity like Nike. Jerseys are made with the numbers and from my years in retail and dealing with them as a supplier, their minimums are significant. I would not expect to see authentic individual player’s jerseys from Nike.

Correction: we have multiple guys sharing multiple numbers, all the times. Drives me batty.

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom