Syracuse quarterback race is ‘neck-and-neck’ | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse quarterback race is ‘neck-and-neck’

If Allen "quickly closed" any gap left over from Hunt's spring you gotta figure this race is all but over.

If Allen "quickly closed" any gap left over from Hunt's spring you gotta figure this race is all but over.
You would think...but lots can still happen in a week. I figure the team will know in 7-10 days but told to keep it underwraps.

If they continue to be neck-to-neck next week, I say start Hunt so that he can get some experience going into next season.

According to Cohen, Hunt doesn't have the arm strength to throw a football over 20 yards. I find that very hard to believe. But he's the head football writer at the leading publication in Syracuse so it must be true.

Also, West isn't talented enough to be a #1 receiver. Good stuff!

According to Cohen, Hunt doesn't have the arm strength to throw a football over 20 yards. I find that very hard to believe. But he's the head football writer at the leading publication in Syracuse so it must be true.

Also, West isn't talented enough to be a #1 receiver. Good stuff!
I think that was the day the QBs were throwing no longer then 15 yards because that was the article that Cohen claimed he could tell arm strength solely by watching 15 yard passes. Stupid claim - witness Nassib who could take a receiver's head off with a 12 yard pass but wasn't so great on the deep ball.

We have to be in p;osition to take deep shots. It doesnt have to be 50 yards but we need to have a qb that can stretch the field with his arm. Given the fact that Allen seems as mobile if not more so than Hunt and given his size and arm i think he gets the nod. Still i expect Mcdonald to pull the string fast if either of these guys is faltering on game day

The race was over when they recruited Allen. Basically Shafer with was engaged to Hunt and said ok let me just date this girl to see how that works out first before deciding who I want to marry. When that happens the first relationship is doomed

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm...

From the spring game write up...in the PS.

Hunt completed 12-of-19 passes for 107 yards and a touchdown in the first half, leading the White team (starters) to a 17-0 lead over the Blue squad. Hunt dominated the amount of time the three quarterbacks competing for the starting job spent on the field. His highlight came on a 49-yard touchdown pass down the left sideline to Jarrod West, who had slipped behind cornerback Joe Nassib.

Can someone explain the fad of interviewing a beat writer and assuming they are the lifeblood of a team?

Since when are writers the people you want to interview? If the writer knew anything, he would have written it...

I hate ESPN so much for starting this crap.

Can someone explain the fad of interviewing a beat writer and assuming they are the lifeblood of a team?

Since when are writers the people you want to interview? If the writer knew anything, he would have written it...

I hate ESPN so much for starting this crap.

Mike Waters shouldn't be interviewed?

Hmmm...

Hunt completed 12-of-19 passes for 107 yards and a touchdown in the first half, leading the White team (starters) to a 17-0 lead over the Blue squad. Hunt dominated the amount of time the three quarterbacks competing for the starting job spent on the field. His highlight came on a 49-yard touchdown pass down the left sideline to Jarrod West, who had slipped behind cornerback Joe Nassib.
that long pass was underthrown and not really a dart at all. Nothing I saw in that game led me to believe he's proficient with the long ball. I'll defer to some guys who may have watched more this summer to confirm or refute. Like many my gut is allens the starter with little leash for failure.

Michael Cohen does not = Mike Waters. But I hear what you're saying.

Agreed.

Good beat writers tend to be excellent interviews.

Mike Waters shouldn't be interviewed?

Would you rather interview a beat writer or a member of the actual team?

It is just about building the brand of the writer and the paper. Like I said, if a beat writer knew something, they would have written about it. It is unfortunate that it is becoming an essential part of the beat writer's job to help maintain interest in the newspaper.

This practice is part of the reason you have Mel Kiper Jr. on the draft shows even though no NFL team has ever had him scout, why superfans ogle over Keith Law and his insight even though he was a sabermetric for the Jays (I work in baseball and I know of scouts that literally laugh at Keith Law's insight), why you have Bill Simmons passing opinions on the draft even though he is a pure writer.

that long pass was underthrown and not really a dart at all. Nothing I saw in that game led me to believe he's proficient with the long ball. I'll defer to some guys who may have watched more this summer to confirm or refute. Like many my gut is allens the starter with little leash for failure.

could you do a write up of the scrimmage? i would really like to know the teams progress

Hmmm...

You know joe nassib is like the third team db and he fell on the play. The pass was a duck. I saw it with own two eyes. I have more faith in Allen to be honest. I don't trust hunt with anything past 15 yards.

Couldn't agree with you any more than I already do.

Lets just say Floyd thought Allen after last nights scrimmage. He think Allen has been progressing faster than Hunt.

Thanks for the clarification about that spring write up. I wasn't there.

In my mind I was visualizing West getting open deep and Hunt dropping it right into his arms on the run Oh well..

Allen is MUCH bettter than Hunt. It will be a really bad decision if they go with Hunt, since they will eventually turn to Allen anyways... only it will be too late when we are 2-6.

Allen is MUCH bettter than Hunt. It will be a really bad decision if they go with Hunt, since they will eventually turn to Allen anyways... only it will be too late when we are 2-6.
How many times have you seen these young men practice?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom