Syracuse -Uconn working on home/home series | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse -Uconn working on home/home series

TexanMark said:
UConn will travel more than Pitt...if they have a competitive team in 2018 I think we'll see 1000 to 1500 Husky fans If they are like the mess they are now...probably 500-750

Tom can verify but I don't think UConn has ever brought more than a few hundred fans.

Alsacs said:
Good god just stop. I get why you like the series. I am saying UConn fans care more about seeing Syracuse as a home game than Syracuse fans will care about seeing UConn as a home game. There will be no more interest in this game than for the Syracuse side except people like you who live in the CT area. If we never played UConn again in FB I wouldn't shed a single tear. I will care about every single ACC game as every SU fan should more than this UConn game since conference games actually effect a conference title.

I just think it's nice to sprinkle in some Northeast games into our Southern dominant schedule. It doesn't have to be UConn. It could Be UMass, Army, Navy, Penn State or Rutgers.

As far as winning a conference title, I have to think those won't be coming very often in our current alignment.

Alsacs said:
When Syracuse plays Penn State in football the game matters more Syracuse fans than Penn State. Syracuse fans want to beat Penn State way more than Penn State fans cares about Syracuse. Now insert UConn for Syracuse and Syracuse for Penn State when it pertains to the UConn-Syracuse FB.

I wish we had a regular series with Penn State.

It's a shame.

cuseguy said:
I just think it's nice to sprinkle in some Northeast games into our Southern dominant schedule. It doesn't have to be UConn. It could Be UMass, Army, Navy, Penn State or Rutgers. As far as winning a conference title, I have to think those won't be coming very often in our current alignment.

You and some other New England area fans who lost easy games to get to, are the only plus in this deal. I've read every post and I can't think of one good reason to play UConn 1-1.

Last edited:
I don't mind picking up the two wins. And as far as giving them a 1-1, it's not like UConn was going to realistically settle for anything less.

Thought this was part of a potential Yankee Stadium deal?

rrlbees said:
You and some other New England area fans who lost east games to get to, are the only plus in this deal. I've read every post and I can't think of one good reason to play UConn 1-1.

Yeah, no question, 2-1 would have been a better deal.

Unrealistic Alsacs...UConn is at the top of the G5 food chain. Cincy just booked a home n home with UCLA.

Syracuse is starting to pluck CT's best HS players again...a good series to book
And with our travelling contingent growing exponentially for roadies we could paint the Rent Orange. Avg. home attendance last year was only around 27k

would rather see a series with rutgers as the best case senario--that is the best exposure for us in the n.e. and the most fertile recruiting ground, other than that ---psu

No benefit other than a win? Thanks I'll take that all day. I'm tired of scheduling over our heads out of conference.
Syracuse is in no position to chalk up anyone as an automatic win. Hell SU almost lost to Villanova last year

Tom can verify but I don't think UConn has ever brought more than a few hundred fans.

Maybe I'm getting my Rutgers mixed up with the UConn's...let's call it 500

OburgOrange said:
I want Army. Why can't we have Army!!:bang:

I'd go for that and it's one low level team I'd be ok with a 1-1. Playing at WP is special and having their band in the Dome is the same.

TheCusian said:
Of all the things to get ticked about, this home and home doesn't even register.

To you.

Sounds like we did what we had to do given our short term problem. So it's 2 games over 3 years, no big deal.

If we are ever going to attempt a longer term series against a regional non conference opponent, put me on the list that would take Rutgers 12 times out of 10 over UConn.

Hopefully some day we can plan our OOC much further in advance.

I'd go for that and it's one low level team I'd be ok with a 1-1. Playing at WP is special and having their band in the Dome is the same.
image.jpg

Of all the things to get ticked about, this home and home doesn't even register.
Who is ticked off? I mean if having an opinion that doesn't drink the kool-aid from the SUAD that everything is great is getting ticked I guess you have a point. This series doesn't help Syracuse as much as it helps UConn. Therefore I think people saying this series isn't in the best interest of SUFB have a fair point. I would love the TheCusian formula for determining whether or not people can actually have an opinion for.

You are the graphic designer who has defended the uniforms, you defend the coaching staff, you defend everything and while I like you as a poster this type of post doesn't help the discourse at all. It creates a strawman where if you don't like the series you are ticked off when that isn't the case at all.

Exactly, thought UConn was a chump program.

This should be a cakewalk.

Right? I mean, we're in the ACC and they're not.

I'd feel the same about ECU and Cincy. All downside.

2 wins.

Stop complaining, the program needs some wins... You would think after going 3-9 we would notice this?

Large alum base in the area, NY press coverage, TV game, recruits in the area who could also attend all in all not a bad choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom