Syracuse -Uconn working on home/home series | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse -Uconn working on home/home series

TexanMark said:
Oh...I actually don't mind going to the Rent. I can handle the juvenile crap...UConn actually had a great tailgate situation...we'll try for the Aero Club again. UConn is a close trip for both Tri-Staters and Upstate NY'ers/

And I actually like their little quant comfy stadium and the wide open concourses.

rrlbees said:
I've been to the Rent games. I don't remember beer throwing? I think I was lower than you though. Weren't you and Tom near the top of our section? Did they dump it from above? While I'm in the minority on not liking this series, I'm also in the minority in liking going to the Rent.

I like the series and I like going to the Rent.

Ha.

Of course, it's 45 minutes from my home.

Bayside44 said:
Stupid to play this game. If we want to play a tri - state area program we should play Rutgers, at least they are B1G. Or we schedule some in state creampuff. UConn is neither and we'll have their silly board people back. Give me RutgersAL over Pudge anyday.

We should play Rutgers. Hopefully we do down the line.

DownTheField said:
I like going to away games and there aren't too many places in the ACC that are easily drivable from CNY. We should be trying to schedule home and homes with any 1A school within 5 hours except Buffalo (2-1). It's not like we're in the SEC where you can drive to almost any game on your schedule. Plus if we're worried we might lose or worried about validating UConn's program we have bigger issues.

Exactly, thought UConn was a chump program.

This should be a cakewalk.

Right? I mean, we're in the ACC and they're not.

I like the series and I like going to the Rent.

Ha.

Of course, it's 45 minutes from my home.

^This. I can't believe this is such a contentious arrangement. This isn't the UConn of the Edsall/Gerg years. What reason do we have to think they will be back to that?!

Also, don't you think that there may be just a few more fans that can get to the Rent rather than, say, Cincy, Fresno, etc. or many of the other programs that have been mentioned.

1-1 should include a trip from the men's hoops team to the Dome and nothing else.

This series doesn't make any sense. I don't care about the validating UConn thing, but there's little reason to schedule another New England team when we get BC every year. Heck, we already have comparable programs on the docket with URI and Holy Cross.

EDIT: I suppose there was a good reason...few opponents with openings on their schedule. With that, I guess there's a good reason and UConn makes more sense than most other options. Still 1-1 is silly.

I'm not sure why people are chalking this up as an automatic 2-0. UCONN struggled last season, but in no way will this be an automatic win like say Umass would have been.

Jasoncuse said:
1-1 should include a trip from the men's hoops team to the Dome and nothing else. This series doesn't make any sense. I don't care about the validating UConn thing, but there's little reason to schedule another New England team when we get BC every year. Heck, we already have comparable programs on the docket with URI and Holy Cross.

Yeah, why should Michigan schedule other teams from the Midwest when they already play Ohio State?

And Georgia might as well dump LSU because they already play South Carolina.

anomander said:
I'm not sure why people are chalking this up as an automatic 2-0. UCONN struggled last season, but in no way will this be an automatic win like say Umass would have been.

I'm being sarcastic.

But the prevailing thought was that we'd be much better than UConn once we joined the ACC and they were left in a mid major conference.

I mean we have to schedule SOMEONE, right? Not every game needs to be for some high-falootin' recruiting angle, if so then what was the point of playing Central Michigan? It's a familiar opponent and the away game is easily accessible for SU fans.

We're upset because we don't like some of their fans who post on an Internet message board? Come on.

Well, if you do sweep, does it even up the all time series?

UConn's fans are beaten down and practically non-existent at this point. There were a couple weekends last season when Yale drew better crowds. There's a good chance that the Rent is half empty for our game with them, given the current trajectory of both programs.

Some of you worry too much. UConn is a good geographic opponent. All this talk of recruiting benefit is goofy. If we're counting on kids to choose SU over UConn then we've already lost.
Give me an over/under on what you think the crowd will be and I will bet you any reasonable amount for charity on the size of the crowd. The crowd will not be half empty for our game in CT. The UConn fans don't sellout for FB but for the chance to boo Syracuse the crowd atleast at the start will be close to full.

If we are scheduling UConn because everyone else is full for 2016 then our scheduler in the AD needs to be gone now and replaced before we get more stupid series scheduled for 2017 and beyond.

UConn won't bring anyone to the Dome and when its our home game the fanbase won't give too iotas we are playing them and we are giving them a 1-1 in a region where the recruiting benefit will be negligible. It is not about superiority it is about using intelligence.

SU put themselves into a corner...they had a vacancy for 2016 to fill..it is what it is. I plan to make the road trip to UConn...hopefully they won't throw beer like last time.

You're right that there weren't many options to fill, and that's probably why I'm not a fan of this 1-1 deal because it's a complete CYA for Frazier. SU needs to start getting games scheduled before it gets stuck in more situations like this.

UConn will travel more than Pitt...if they have a competitive team in 2018 I think we'll see 1000 to 1500 Husky fans

If they are like the mess they are now...probably 500-750

Alsacs said:
If we are scheduling UConn because everyone else is full for 2016 then our scheduler in the AD needs to be gone now and replaced before we get more stupid series scheduled for 2017 and beyond. UConn won't bring anyone to the Dome and when its our home game the fanbase won't give too iotas we are playing them and we are giving them a 1-1 in a region where the recruiting benefit will be negligible. It is not about superiority it is about using intelligence.

Well, can't think of anyone we'd fill that slot with that would bring fans to the Dome.

But you're saying it would nearly fill the Rent...and it's already created a lot of discussion here. So I say it's a lot better, from an interest standpoint, than a number of our ACC games.

I like it, always am in favor of reliving the BE days. It's not like we're passing up an opportunity to play a legit P5 football program in favor of UConn.

Let's hope we see more of a PP/DeLeone UConn team as opposed to an Edsall UConn team. Their teams pre-PP were a pain in our ass to play against.

Well, can't think of anyone we'd fill that slot with that would bring fans to the Dome.

But you're saying it would nearly fill the Rent...and it's already created a lot of discussion here. So I say it's a lot better, from an interest standpoint, than a number of our ACC games.
Good god just stop. I get why you like the series. I am saying UConn fans care more about seeing Syracuse as a home game than Syracuse fans will care about seeing UConn as a home game. There will be no more interest in this game than for the Syracuse side except people like you who live in the CT area.

If we never played UConn again in FB I wouldn't shed a single tear. I will care about every single ACC game as every SU fan should more than this UConn game since conference games actually effect a conference title.

When Syracuse plays Penn State in football the game matters more Syracuse fans than Penn State. Syracuse fans want to beat Penn State way more than Penn State fans cares about Syracuse.

Now insert UConn for Syracuse and Syracuse for Penn State when it pertains to the UConn-Syracuse FB.

Alsacs said:
Give me an over/under on what you think the crowd will be and I will bet you any reasonable amount for charity on the size of the crowd. The crowd will not be half empty for our game in CT. The UConn fans don't sellout for FB but for the chance to boo Syracuse the crowd atleast at the start will be close to full.

I honestly don't really care how big the crowd is. I really don't understand why some people are so upset. It's a game, two of 24 we'll play in those two seasons. This big ol' rock we're on will keep spinning.

I honestly don't really care how big the crowd is. I really don't understand why some people are so upset. It's a game, two of 24 we'll play in those two seasons. This big ol' rock we're on will keep spinning.
In grand scheme of things I honestly don't care because as you said it is just two football games. I am just not fan. It doesn't make me right or make you right. As long people have legit debate I don't get offended and it makes the board more fun. I think every post I have made is fair and I am okay if people like the series I just find it to be another bad decision by the SU AD office.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom