Syracuse vs. Louisville | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs. Louisville

How so? They aren't good on D and are one dimensional on O. They are a worse version of Liberty. What about their team is a bad matchup besides your weird love affair with a team that is 2-4 in conference?
The only thing weird is your comment.

Am I wrong in thinking that his ankle gave out on the 4th down play? That’s why he fell?
It definitely looked like he couldn’t plant his foot and he just looked slow too which is quite understandable. I don’t wish injury on anyone but I won’t mind him being hobbled for our game next week(or out for just next week)

Hurt his ankle. Gutted it out but looked “off” after that. Assume it’s gonna swell pretty badly through the week but who knows
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

No - what’s weird is making the comment “they are a bad matchup for us” with no proof.

Please don’t say “well, historically, over many coaching staffs we struggle with running QBs”

Could it be a case of just wanting to hurt a division opponent? Just offer Jawhar a scholly, and bury him on their bench.
Jawhar couldn't practice until a couple weeks ago-injury. Unavailable most of the season.

Should he have committed behind a new 4 star RB? Prolly not.

I’m hoping Louisville scratches and claws it’s way to en emotional victory over Clemson today and then come out flat against us.
You don't get what you want. You are a Syracuse fan.

You throw out statements without anything to back it up. Really good job. What makes them a bad matchup? Can you really not provide even ONE example? They are 2-5 vs the P5 this year. They were 3-7 vs the P5 last year. Which makes them 5-12 vs the P5 the last 2 seasons. They have lost 4 of their last 5 with the lone win being a QBless BC. They are NOT a good team. If they are as talented as you claim they are, then their HC is GRobian so we don't have to worry.

They have a good run O, but will their QB be 100%? They don't have a good pass O. They turn the ball over. They have a decent run D. They have an awful pass D. They commit nearly 30 more yards per game in penalties vs P5 teams than we do. Their FG K isn't good. Their P isn't good. They are decent at scoring TDs in the redzone. They are horrible at stopping redzone TDs. They have a decent PR. They have an avg KR. When the new Sagarin comes out they will likely be ranked worse than us.

So where is the bad matchup?

You throw out statements without anything to back it up. Really good job. What makes them a bad matchup? Can you really not provide even ONE example? They are 2-5 vs the P5 this year. They were 3-7 vs the P5 last year. Which makes them 5-12 vs the P5 the last 2 seasons. They have lost 4 of their last 5 with the lone win being a QBless BC. They are NOT a good team. If they are as talented as you claim they are, then their HC is GRobian so we don't have to worry.

They have a good run O, but will their QB be 100%? They don't have a good pass O. They turn the ball over. They have a decent run D. They have an awful pass D. They commit nearly 30 more yards per game in penalties vs P5 teams than we do. Their FG K isn't good. Their P isn't good. They are decent at scoring TDs in the redzone. They are horrible at stopping redzone TDs. They have a decent PR. They have an avg KR. When the new Sagarin comes out they will likely be ranked worse than us.

So where is the bad matchup?
I appreciate your points. Ive watched Ville a bunch this year and if MC is healthy they are a bad match up for us. Primarily because of our weak safety play and their overall team speed. If our secondary wasnt banged up i would feel more confident but Coley and Smurf do not in my opinion match up well with their WRs and or MC running if hes healthy.
If you watch our games closely we have been very lucky on play action. By this i mean that we have been beaten way too often and basically have lucked out as a result of poor throws and or drops. Ville with a healthy MC is able to extend plays which puts more pressure on our DBs and if he breaks containment hes a handful.

I appreciate your points. Ive watched Ville a bunch this year and if MC is healthy they are a bad match up for us. Primarily because of our weak safety play and their overall team speed. If our secondary wasnt banged up i would feel more confident but Coley and Smurf do not in my opinion match up well with their WRs and or MC running if hes healthy.
If you watch our games closely we have been very lucky on play action. By this i mean that we have been beaten way too often and basically have lucked out as a result of poor throws and or drops. Ville with a healthy MC is able to extend plays which puts more pressure on our DBs and if he breaks containment hes a handful.
Agree. We will need to commit to stopping Cunningham. I worry about our secondary. He made some decent throws last night and had receivers make great plays. Something our seem unable to do. Safety play and Duce still not turning to defend the pass worries me a lot in this game.
They seem to have a strong run D. They will commit everyone to stopping the run. Will GS be able to take advantage. We may be able to still run but will we be able to score enough to match them in scoring.

This couldn't have worked out better.

Doesn't mean we're going to catch them "down," but I am pleased that they suffered a deflating loss, while we rest and prepare.
They will come out on fire. We need to hang the 1st half and we will win. Cant afford anymore late 2nd quarter screw ups. Also run clock.

Their biggest weakness is pass defense. is SU capable of exploiting it?

Well, their starting QB left the game vs. Clemson with an injury. Plus one of their defenders is going to be suspended for targeting.
Fagot will not miss any of the Cuse game since he was removed in the first half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom