Syracuse vs. Louisville | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs. Louisville

I’ve always wondered about the real benefits of coming off a bye… I’ve never really studied it before, to see if it’s an actual boost.

I won’t say we didn’t need it because we did. But…

This tends to discredit that notion…

I also found this… which is interesting. It speaks directly to the NFL and being the road favorite coming off the bye. But I still find it interesting.

The data sample, based on road favorites probably tilts it pretty good because they probably should win if they’re giving points on the road.

They will come out on fire. We need to hang the 1st half and we will win. Cant afford anymore late 2nd quarter screw ups. Also run clock.

Or they might come out flat, after a deflating loss.

I like our chances.

Or they might come out flat, after a deflating loss.

I like our chances.
I like our chances too. We can win all 3 but we will be underdogs in each game.

They will come out on fire. We need to hang the 1st half and we will win. Cant afford anymore late 2nd quarter screw ups. Also run clock.
We need to get some hits on Cunningham, even if they're not sacks. Obviously nothing dirty, just let him know it's gonna be a long day and holding onto the ball isn't going to feel good.

We need to get some hits on Cunningham, even if they're not sacks. Obviously nothing dirty, just let him know it's gonna be a long day and holding onto the ball isn't going to feel good.
We need to score 1st, get the ball back on a 3 and out. Then a 10 or 11 play drive for a TD, just punish them on the ground to go up 14-0 game over.

We need to score 1st, get the ball back on a 3 and out. Then a 10 or 11 play drive for a TD, just punish them on the ground to go up 14-0 game over.
Well yeah, that would be great. Is it likely?

Well yeah, that would be great. Is it likely?
No because Dino always defers to the 2nd half. But we can move the ball, and Louisville is not a great defense. And if Bear plus like he did in the 2nd half against BC, it could happen. Bear seemed really healthy for the 1st time all year.

No because Dino always defers to the 2nd half. But we can move the ball, and Louisville is not a great defense. And if Bear plus like he did in the 2nd half against BC, it could happen. Bear seemed really healthy for the 1st time all year.
You need to change "defers" to "usually", The last two home games he's opted to receive the ball.

Yeah I would really love to see us aggressive early and hit and chase. If he has a bum wheel his ability to cut, push off and shift laterally in the pocket are all reduced. Throws will be less accurate as well. Goal early, make him uncomfortable.

I had a vivid dream about Kate Beckinsale last night. Being the Gentleman that I am, I will keep it to myself.
I had a dream that I rolled Kate Beckinsale. You weren’t there.

I’ve always wondered about the real benefits of coming off a bye… I’ve never really studied it before, to see if it’s an actual boost.

I won’t say we didn’t need it because we did. But…

This tends to discredit that notion…

I also found this… which is interesting. It speaks directly to the NFL and being the road favorite coming off the bye. But I still find it interesting.

The data sample, based on road favorites probably tilts it pretty good because they probably should win if they’re giving points on the road.

I’ve felt like we historically come out flat after a bye week. I’m not looking forward to that this weekend but I’m hoping the rest and healing of the guys mitigates it to some degree.

I’m not looking for forward to this matchup. I don’t like QBs who can run because those third and long scramble first downs are deflating. But I see athletes on that team. Big receivers and a defense that flies around. They really stuck Clemson ground game.

I’ve felt like we historically come out flat after a bye week. I’m not looking forward to that this weekend but I’m hoping the rest and healing of the guys mitigates it to some degree.

I’m not looking for forward to this matchup. I don’t like QBs who can run because those third and long scramble first downs are deflating. But I see athletes on that team. Big receivers and a defense that flies around. They really stuck Clemson ground game.
Indictment of the coach. I'm hoping they can dominate enough to make the game Dino proof.

I feel good about us in general lately. And our performance against Malik Willis earlier this year makes me feel better too, because he’s better than Cunningham.

I think we got chewed up more so by the QB’s we weren’t expecting to take off on us.

I think we run the ball better than Clemson. Well, I know we do, by a significant margin (1st in the ACC vs. 11th) And statistically we’re better than anyone in the ACC by 10% solely by Team Rushing Yardage.

I’ve seen enough of a sample size, where I don’t believe it’s an illusion. We’re a good strong running team with an aggressive Defense. Both us and Louisville avg about 29 per game (29.4 (us) to 28.8). We’re giving up 22.6 and they’re giving up 27.4.

And the bye week came at the right time for us if for health reasons alone.

I just feel like our team is a group of fighters. And I think they’re going to do more of it this weekend. I also believe we’re good game planners, and we’ll have a strong game plan. In game decisions, sure, documented troubles. But if we come out ready to play and execute, couple early scoring drives, it’s on. Gotta put up 30+ though.

I appreciate your points. Ive watched Ville a bunch this year and if MC is healthy they are a bad match up for us. Primarily because of our weak safety play and their overall team speed. If our secondary wasnt banged up i would feel more confident but Coley and Smurf do not in my opinion match up well with their WRs and or MC running if hes healthy.
If you watch our games closely we have been very lucky on play action. By this i mean that we have been beaten way too often and basically have lucked out as a result of poor throws and or drops. Ville with a healthy MC is able to extend plays which puts more pressure on our DBs and if he breaks containment hes a handful.
Well good thing the safety’s don’t account for the QB, the linebackers do. Also, the cards wide receivers really haven’t shown an ability to get separation this year, they struggle in that respect.

Well good thing the safety’s don’t account for the QB, the linebackers do. Also, the cards wide receivers really haven’t shown an ability to get separation this year, they struggle in that respect.
Their offensive line isn't good, and Bear is starting to play well, the 2nd half against BC he manhandled the middle of the line. If he plays anywhere near that against Louisville. Cunningham will be running for his life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom