Taj Harris transferring to Rutgers..Leaving Rutgers | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Taj Harris transferring to Rutgers..Leaving Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Third. Yeah, I'm still mad. Just another reason to hate Notre Dame...
1633548762121.gif

Surprised that this thread keeps getting so much attention.
He decided to leave. That’s his choice.
I am more interested in the players that are still here and fighting for a successful season.
I am a fan of SU. I support and follow SU players and the team. Once they go to another school I am no longer interested in their career. Do not want them to fail. Just not interested.
Would rather spend time on my team and the current players.

I guess ill just say it i loved his passion but i didnt think that he was that good a wr. I know all the records but i just never saw him as being all that good.
Hope he does well.
I think “passion” is one of the most overused words in all of sports - frankly in all of society. I know passion when I see it. Being demonstrative or emotional is not always passion.

Agreed.

His contested target catch rate was under 18% in 19, 20. I'll have to compare, but I'm guessing that's an area in need of improvement.

On the other hand? Of his 149 receptions he forced 49 guys to miss tackling him. (Seems pretty darn good), and he averaged 6.4 YAC for his Syracuse career.
Harris’ unique talent is YAC. He has never been great at separation or going up in traffic for a 50/50 ball. As someone here said, his blocking has been inconsistent. I do not know how well suited he is to extending plays for his QB. Doesn’t seem like his forte. He has been TD’s #1 target for 2 years.

Last edited:
Does Dino feel burned? After the flip off and the tantrums? Bringing Taj to ACC media week doesn’t look like great judgment on his part.

With NIL opportunities going to ACC media can be huge. Would have been nice to give that slot to someone that actually stays on the team
I’m guessing yes by the way Babers addressed it in his PC. Told them they could talk to Taj, and then he would either confirm or deny what Taj says. Sounds to me like he doesn’t want to take this public. But he isn’t going to sit back and let Taj mislead people either.

"What we know" - He quit on his teammates.
"What we think we know" - He's a me-first, prima donna.

His twitter posts will infuriate me because of the fact that his (former) teammates will see these "offers" and get the impression that the grass may be greener outside of Syracuse. What they won't take into consideration is the fact that these schools are willing to take a 1 year flyer on him because of his stats. Once the schools dig deeper, will be interesting to see how many of these are committable.

These are the reasons, and I'm sorry if this offends, I'm not rooting for Taj. Would never root against a kid but certainly not rooting FOR him.
if alabama offers id be considered

Surprised that this thread keeps getting so much attention.
He decided to leave. That’s his choice.
I am more interested in the players that are still here and fighting for a successful season.
I am a fan of SU. I support and follow SU players and the team. Once they go to another school I am no longer interested in their career. Do not want them to fail. Just not interested.
Would rather spend time on my team and the current players.

I think because people keep replying to the thread.

:p

if alabama offers id be considered

I’ll only care if he goes to Alabama and actually dominates. Or any other big/name school. I don’t care about any of these offers b/c he’s just as likely to fall down the depth chart once practices and next season starts.

then we know not to cover him deep since he cant catch those
While his drops are in the middle of the ballpark for our guys, there may be corroborating and circumstantial evidence to back that deep threat thought.

We threw a RIDICULOUS amount of bombs Over 20 yards:

Custis 18:
31 targets. 17 Rec. 2 drops. 12 misses

Trishton 19:
28 targets. 10 Rec. 1 drop. 17 misses

Ish 17:
30 targets. 11 Rec. 0 drops. 19 misses.

Erv 17:
21 targets. 5 Rec. 1 drops. 16 misses.

Taj 19:
17 targets. 3 Rec. 0 drops. 14 misses
Taj 20
27 targets. 4 rec. 4 drops. 19 misses

Besides the obscenity of misses for all of them? The # of targets to Taj that were catch-able? Lowest of the bunch. (Circumstantial) Of the 11 catch-able balls thrown to him deep in 2 years? (Thats insane) :

4 drops out of 11. (Corroborating)

I see all those off target throws. and wonder what the heck were we thinking? 3 n out anyone? A bunch of tds but sheesh

Last edited:
While his drops are in the middle of the ballpark for our guys, there may be corroborating and circumstantial evidence to back that deep threat thought.

Custis 18:

Trishton 19:

Ish 17:

Erv 17:

Taj 19:
Taj 20

Besides the obscenity of misses for all of them? The # of targets to Taj that were catch-able? Lowest of the bunch. (Circumstantial) Of the 11 catch-able balls thrown to him deep in 2 years? (Thats insane)

I see all those off target throws. and wonder what the heck were we thinking? 3 n out anyone?

Were some of those off target throws because Taj quit on his routes?

art monk, rob carpenter or moore, marvin ? schwedes ,shelby, ,kane, lemon, ish, missile or williams ?
all way better. glad taj won't top any alltime lists. candle drop. fizzle. be interesting if he gets drafted. kinda small.

Or 8 losses the year Paul Hornung won. If a ND player is even remotely in contention all is lost.
ND’s schedule in ‘87 was brutal…like tough tough

Custis 18:

Trishton 19:

Ish 17:

Erv 17:

Taj 19:
Taj 20

Besides the obscenity of misses for all of them? The # of targets to Taj that were catch-able? Lowest of the bunch. (Circumstantial) Of the 11 catch-able balls thrown to him deep in 2 years? (Thats insane) :

I see all those off target throws. and wonder what the heck were we thinking? 3 n out anyone? A bunch of tds but sheesh

All those misses just reinforce to me what a dumb low percentage play the long ball is. Once in a while fine as many as we throw not fine. we should be consistently throwing more high percentage 4-10 yarder‘s, moving the chains and going fast.

All those misses just reinforce to me what a dumb low percentage play the long ball is. Once in a while fine as many as we throw not fine. we should be consistently throwing more high percentage 4-10 yarder‘s, moving the chains and going fast.
^^^^^^^
This
It also reinforces the point that TD usually went to the LOS with his mind made up. He seldom checked down and it was a home run or bust mentality rather than take what was given.

Those crossing route completions against FSU should bring tears (of joy) to people's eyes.

Coaches don't generally leave in the middle of a season. IMO that restriction needs to be applied to the transfer portal.

Coaches can also be fired at the drop of a hat. Maybe players should be, too. Oh wait, coaches are employees, so the same rules don't apply. Maybe we shouldn't be treating coaches and players similarly. Hm.
They don't make coaches sit out a year if they coached more than 4 games at their previous schools either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom