Taj Harris transferring to Rutgers..Leaving Rutgers | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Taj Harris transferring to Rutgers..Leaving Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll wish Jordan well before I do Harris or Howard. Jordan might be playing for one of our rivals but at least he didn't leave the team in a lurch. To be clear not wishing them well doesn't mean I want them to fail at life. It means I don't give two rats craps if they do or don't.
It's safe to say I'll be rooting harder for TD if he decides to transfer than Taj.

I sometimes like to sort things into "what we know" and "what we think we know" about a player

Lotta people must know this kid personally

I think he's fiery and can be immature based on what we know. That's it. If there's more out there from *personal experience* I'll add it to the "what we know pool" otherwise, I think it's prob best to chuck out post and just root for him to succeed.*

*unless he ends up in the ACC or Rutgers

"What we know" - He quit on his teammates.
"What we think we know" - He's a me-first, prima donna.

His twitter posts will infuriate me because of the fact that his (former) teammates will see these "offers" and get the impression that the grass may be greener outside of Syracuse. What they won't take into consideration is the fact that these schools are willing to take a 1 year flyer on him because of his stats. Once the schools dig deeper, will be interesting to see how many of these are committable.

These are the reasons, and I'm sorry if this offends, I'm not rooting for Taj. Would never root against a kid but certainly not rooting FOR him.

I sometimes like to sort things into "what we know" and "what we think we know" about a player

Lotta people must know this kid personally

I think he's fiery and can be immature based on what we know. That's it. If there's more out there from *personal experience* I'll add it to the "what we know pool" otherwise, I think it's prob best to chuck out post and just root for him to succeed.*

*unless he ends up in the ACC or Rutgers
let me put it this way. he did what was allowed and was best for him. tough decision but the cards were on the table. do i wish him well--yes--do i have ill will ---no--- i don't care enough about him. his attitude on the surface is questionable in any case for anyteam

"What we THINK." - He quit on his teammates.

Is it possible that his teamates may also think his skills may not be fully used? Is it possible they want their friend(the board "cancer") to have the best opportunity? Knowing that we have other receivers that can fill in fine in a new passing look?

Or is that just crazy talk?

That’d be a great spot for him, hopefully he racks up the numbers whenever he ends up.

I wish him well. You can question a lot about him but he always tried hard on the field.

I hope he puts up great numbers and has a great career. And I hope he ends up at a school that will not play against Syracuse while he is there.
sorry, he did always tried when he got the ball. he did not always try hard

So Taj gave the staff an ultimatum about TD being the QB or he’s leaving? Obviously being the primary receiver for a QB who only throws to his first target is his ideal world. Shrader might have made some cool opportunities for Taj as he became more comfortable in game scenarios.
Where do you get that from?

Is it possible that his teamates may also think his skills may not be fully used? Is it possible they want their friend(the board "cancer") to have the best opportunity? Knowing that we have other receivers that can fill in fine in a new passing look?

Whether his teammates agree with regards to his skills being used - keep in mind he was the teams LEADING RECEIVER when he entered the portal - doesn't matter.

He didn't have to leave. He did. He quit on his teammates. This is pretty much the only FACT we know about Taj in this situation. Leaving mid-year is QUITTING.

Question for those in the know, with all the crazy new rules can he just go and play immediately, as in this season? Next season? Have to Sit out a year?

Can't play this season.

While the transfer rules have been billed as giving first-time transfer players “immediate eligibility” at their new schools there are some limitations for how quickly athletes can suit up for their new teams.

For instance, Howard and Harris won’t be able to suit up for another team this year in either the regular season or for a bowl game.

An NCAA spokesperson said the organization’s rules do not allow players to compete for two schools in the same competitive season even under the new “immediate eligibility” rules.

No, its the only rational talk I have seen in this thread. A whole lot of really childish takes.

He's good but damn, he must've been recruited prior to hitting the portal

He's good but damn, he must've been recruited prior to hitting the portal

Usually is done behind the scenes with the high school coaches. For example, Taj tells his HS coach he isn't happy and wants to transfer. HS coach starts putting feelers out, gets good feedback, Taj officially hits portal, boom quick offers.

th

His twitter posts will infuriate me because of the fact that his (former) teammates will see these "offers" and get the impression that the grass may be greener outside of Syracuse. What they won't take into consideration is the fact that these schools are willing to take a 1 year flyer on him because of his stats. Once the schools dig deeper, will be interesting to see how many of these are committable.

These are the reasons, and I'm sorry if this offends, I'm not rooting for Taj. Would never root against a kid but certainly not rooting FOR him.
I'm in agreement. The other piece about this is that it can be a distraction to other schools that are offering as well if he's putting it out there that they're recruiting him. Too many "me first" people nowadays.

I’m hoping one of the young freshman WRs on the team seize this opportunity and get an early start to a break-out career that shatters all SU receiving records, and launches a pro career.

Whether his teammates agree with regards to his skills being used - keep in mind he was the teams LEADING RECEIVER when he entered the portal - doesn't matter.

He didn't have to leave. He did. He quit on his teammates. This is pretty much the only FACT we know about Taj in this situation. Leaving mid-year is QUITTING.
Its the new normal. Players have finite TIME.

Its possible that he and his teamates know the difference in playbooks? If he was going to be used 25%, 50% less?

If a companies leading salesman was stripped of 25% of his clients, half of his sales area, 3 months of pay, and demoted to shipping and receiving 25-50% of time? (Very important stuff) Would you say he was a quitter for finding a new job? Not one of us would accept that cut in pay, for the rest of our careers. (In this case, Half of Taj 's remaining career)

Howard leaving is also understandable. While some on the team felt Howard was the 2cnd best back? Playing a super senior is also a good call. You don't surrender 1/4 of your career, when you know you are still going to be sitting behind a possible Heisman candidate for the duration.

Do I like any of this? Nope. I wanted to keep both of these guys Orange. In terms of their football careers? Its understandable.

Last edited:
Question for those in the know, with all the crazy new rules can he just go and play immediately, as in this season? Next season? Have to Sit out a year?

Pretty sure he can play next season.

Its the new normal. Players have finite TIME.

Its possible that he and his teamates know the difference in playbooks? If he was going to be used 25%, 50% less?

If a companies leading salesman was stripped of 25% of his clients, half of his sales area, 3 months of pay, and demoted to shipping and receiving 25-50% of time? (Very important stuff) Would you say he was a quitter for finding a new job? Not one of us would accept that cut in pay, for the rest of our careers. (In this case, Half of Taj 's remaining career)

Howard leaving is also understandable. While some on the team felt Howard was the 2cnd best back? Playing a super senior is also a good call. You don't surrender 1/4 of your career, when you know you are still going to be sitting behind a possible Heisman candidate for the duration.

Do I like any of this? Nope. I wanted to keep both of these guys Orange. In terms of their football careers? Its understandable.
We can definitely agree to disagree on this one. I think the salesman example is a stretch. We all know there is no playbook ;)! Lol. At the end of the day, we both don't like that he left.

I think the Taj & Howard examples are very different. Taj was the leading receiver. Howard was obviously not getting the carries he wanted. I find it hard to believe that with GS at QB, Dino & staff were going to completely forget about getting Taj the ball. This is why my educated guess is there is waaaaaay more to the story than just the fact GS is now playing QB. But no sense on guessing at this. We'll never knows.

If the NCAA has a new rule that allows players to enter the portal to transfer without consequences, do we still need the Four Game Rule? How about if players can preserve a year if they play four or less games at their current school? A chance to redshirt for an injury or some other circumstance? I don’t buy that a kid needs a chance to play up to four games at a school and can then transfer to a different school and keep that year of eligibility. Coaches don’t transfer mid year.

I think players should just be able to play for as long as they want to.

Everything is stupid anyway, so who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom