Taj Harris transferring to Rutgers..Leaving Rutgers | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Taj Harris transferring to Rutgers..Leaving Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever he is/was/will be, it wasn’t working out here. There was a prima donna vibe to this kid- maybe true, maybe false…who knows & at this point, who cares.
Taj Harris was not gonna make or break our season.

1633470074767.gif

let me put it this way. he did what was allowed and was best for him. tough decision but the cards were on the table. do i wish him well--yes--do i have ill will ---no--- i don't care enough about him. his attitude on the surface is questionable in any case for anyteam
This is where I am, and it's similar to where I was with Bazely in hoops. It's the new normal, and it's a kids right. I have had no use for Taj actions and Dino allowing them, but I'm not getting fired up about a guy bowing out. It's going to be far too common.

If a companies leading salesman was stripped of 25% of his clients, half of his sales area, 3 months of pay, and demoted to shipping and receiving 25-50% of time? (Very important stuff) Would you say he was a quitter for finding a new job? Not one of us would accept that cut in pay, for the rest of our careers. (In this case, Half of Taj 's remaining career)

In this example i wouldn’t say he was quitter, but if he’s the only salesman making money then he’s definitely not a team player. That could be seen as selfish- put up the individual stats & numbers while the company struggles?
If the company then turns to him and says “We’re cutting your workload for the betterment of everyone, or the boss, his staff & management, ie; HCDB, will get fired”, then you do what Taj did. And no i wouldn’t expect him or anyone else to be ok with that.
No hard feelings and no one is wrong here- they all did what they had to do.

Last edited:
I never understood the hatred for Taj even before this. I actually like he played with emotion. Never were there any signs his teammates thought it was a “distraction” or a “cancer”. My opinion of Taj will always be that he was a gamer and his coming out party game at Clemson his Freshman year. Final thing is Dino wouldn’t have sent him to ACC media day if he thought he wasn’t liked by teammates or a cancer.

I also think his teammates understand the move. We may not like it but the kid is looking out for himself. He thinks he needs to showcase his skills to get to the nfl. When the move to Shrader happened that opportunity dropped. He did what was best for him and that’s the stupid rule the ncaa brought upon themselves allowing kids to transfer schools like they change sneakers. This happens all over the country. Just hurts us more because Taj was the 1 WR who has proven to be a weapon .

I never understood the hatred for Taj even before this. I actually like he played with emotion. Never were there any signs his teammates thought it was a “distraction” or a “cancer”. My opinion of Taj will always be that he was a gamer and his coming out party game at Clemson his Freshman year. Final thing is Dino wouldn’t have sent him to ACC media day if he thought he wasn’t liked by teammates or a cancer.

I also think his teammates understand the move. We may not like it but the kid is looking out for himself. He thinks he needs to showcase his skills to get to the nfl. When the move to Shrader happened that opportunity dropped. He did what was best for him and that’s the stupid rule the ncaa brought upon themselves allowing kids to transfer schools like they change sneakers. This happens all over the country. Just hurts us more because Taj was the 1 WR who has proven to be a weapon .
Agreed. I wish him well. But, we have enough WR talent to make the passing game work.

I just liked that we spread out to more than one receiver last weekend

wasnt that much different. We completed passes to 4, 6, 9, 4, and 6 receivers.

Looks like Taj may become a father this week. I hope he succeeds wherever he ends up. Clearly came here as a talent who had limited guidance earlier in his life.

yeah could be the reason he transferred to as well.

I do believe that his baby mama does not live around Syracuse

Looks like Taj may become a father this week. I hope he succeeds wherever he ends up. Clearly came here as a talent who had limited guidance earlier in his life.

Uncle died, becomes a father this week, 4 offers the day after he announces his transfer?

Seems like a lot going on. Hope his next coach is as patient with him as the one he no longer wishes to play for.

"What we know" - He quit on his teammates.
"What we think we know" - He's a me-first, prima donna.

His twitter posts will infuriate me because of the fact that his (former) teammates will see these "offers" and get the impression that the grass may be greener outside of Syracuse. What they won't take into consideration is the fact that these schools are willing to take a 1 year flyer on him because of his stats. Once the schools dig deeper, will be interesting to see how many of these are committable.

These are the reasons, and I'm sorry if this offends, I'm not rooting for Taj. Would never root against a kid but certainly not rooting FOR him.
Schools like kentucky and miss st have 100 guys with the same attitude as taj so I doubt that will bother them, if you aren't committing felonies and are a good player the SEC will take you any day of the week (perhaps with the exception of our ole pal clark lea at vandy).

Dino said he had a "heart to heart" conversation with him which I interpreted to mean that Dino was through with the distractions and it was time to move on.

I have a feeling you're right. What bothers me, this is 1 of the guys Dino sent to represent the university at media days. You have 85 (or more) scholarship players. He could literally have chosen just about anyone else, but gives him that honor. I can think of countless guys who deserved that chance.

Schools like kentucky and miss st have 100 guys with the same attitude as taj so I doubt that will bother them, if you aren't committing felonies and are a good player the SEC will take you any day of the week (perhaps with the exception of our ole pal clark lea at vandy).

Wait, I’m behind on the times. This is an issue now in the SEC?

"What we know" - He quit on his teammates.
"What we think we know" - He's a me-first, prima donna.

His twitter posts will infuriate me because of the fact that his (former) teammates will see these "offers" and get the impression that the grass may be greener outside of Syracuse. What they won't take into consideration is the fact that these schools are willing to take a 1 year flyer on him because of his stats. Once the schools dig deeper, will be interesting to see how many of these are committable.

These are the reasons, and I'm sorry if this offends, I'm not rooting for Taj. Would never root against a kid but certainly not rooting FOR him.
Yeah, I think saying he quit on his teammates is right. The rest is opinion like I stated.

Same. After flipping the bird , I understand how many soured on him. Foolish.

My understanding is that he's a "kid" that wears his emotions on his sleeve. Wants to win more than anything. HATES losing.. Funny, well liked, and a good teamate. Guys aren't "heartbroken " that he's leaving because he's a team "cancer". Quite the opposite. Sometimes, I wish more guys hated losing as much as him.

While some of his actions led to some reasonable questions? They also led to improper assumptions, where more assumptions were built on. Even folks suggesting he was suspended this year when dealing with a knee. Smh. Or that Dinos "heart to heart" was somehow about him being "fed up" with him. (The much loved kid that HATES losing)

He's not perfect, but was a very good receiver for us. I hate it, but I understand if he wants to find a better situation to build his resume.

I'm not going to shoot him out of town based on assumptions folks are trying to convince themselves are true.

He's always been about #1 and up until the 3 games this year had a significant lack of discipline. That tends to rub people the wrong way. Is what it is.

Same. After flipping the bird , I understand how many soured on him. Foolish.

My understanding is that he's a "kid" that wears his emotions on his sleeve. Wants to win more than anything. HATES losing.. Funny, well liked, and a good teamate. Guys aren't "heartbroken " that he's leaving because he's a team "cancer". Quite the opposite. Sometimes, I wish more guys hated losing as much as him.

While some of his actions led to some reasonable questions? They also led to improper assumptions, where more assumptions were built on. Even folks suggesting he was suspended this year when dealing with a knee. Smh. Or that Dinos "heart to heart" was somehow about him being "fed up" with him. (The much loved kid that HATES losing)

He's not perfect, but was a very good receiver for us. I hate it, but I understand if he wants to find a better situation to build his resume.

I'm not going to shoot him out of town based on assumptions folks are trying to convince themselves are true.
Quit the team because he’s worried about his stats not being good enough. Go Taj!

I wish him good health and a happy life, but might as well not even have team sports anymore if it’s going this way.

If he transferred after last year, that’s one thing. Or in the summer, if he didn’t like the way things are looking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors