Taste of Syracuse / State Fair Canceled | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Taste of Syracuse / State Fair Canceled

Its been a few years since I was in Goverment class but the President of the United States has more power than Governor of a State. These are Federal issued Guidelines to phase out Social Distancing.

"The Country Will be Really rocking again come July" adviser to the President Jared Kushner.

Your not gonna have mass Social distancing in NY State while the rest of the country is back to life as normal. Just saying people will be fleeing NY State and even Coumo knows this.

I would sacrafice the fair syracuse nationals for one summer etc for phased out social distancing and return to normal.

Btw, there was an article in the NY Times last week that NY State could begin easing Social Distancing restrictions by start of June according to the models and projections.
Not to jump on but that’s pretty much why individual states exist

You're having a tough couple days on this thread.
Cuomo released his plan earlier this week. You may not like it, but he's presented it and has been pretty open about what it would take for weeks.

Spoilers - He doesn't give a date, he gives data qualifications. And he doesn't make it a NY State opening plan, its regional.

Cuomo's 12 step program:

1. CDC Guidelines: Based on CDC recommendations, once a region experiences a 14-day decline in the hospitalization rate they may begin a phased re-opening.

2. Industries: Businesses in each region will re-open in phases. Phase one will include opening construction and manufacturing functions with low risk. Phase two will open certain industries based on priority and risk level. Businesses considered "more essential" with inherent low risks of infection in the workplace and to customers will be prioritized, followed by other businesses considered "less essential" or those that present a higher risk of infection spread. Regions must not open attractions or businesses that would draw a large number of visitors from outside the local area.

3. Business Precautions: Each business and industry must have a plan to protect employees and consumers, make the physical work space safer and implement processes that lower risk of infection in the business.

4. Building Health Care Capacity: To maintain the phased re-opening plan, each region must have at least 30 percent of hospital beds and ICU beds available after elective surgeries resume.

5. Testing Regimen: Regions must implement a testing regimen that prioritizes symptomatic persons and individuals who came into contact with a known COVID-positive person, and conducts frequent tests of frontline and essential workers. Regions must maintain an appropriate number of testing sites to accommodate its population and must fully advertise where and how people can get tested. The region must also use the collected data to track and trace the spread of the virus.

6. Tracing System: There must be at least 30 contact tracers for every 100,000 people. The region must also monitor the regional infection rate throughout the re-opening plan.

7. Isolation Facilities: Regions must present plans to have rooms available for people who test positive for COVID-19 and who cannot self-isolate.

8. Regional Coordination: Regions must coordinate the re-opening of schools, transportation systems, testing and tracing with other surrounding regions.

9. Re-imagining Tele-Medicine

10. Re-imagining Tele-Education

11. Regional Control Rooms: Each region must appoint an oversight institution as its control room to monitor regional indicators during the phased re-opening, including hospital capacity, rate of infection, PPE burn rate and businesses.

12. Protect and Respect Essential Workers: Regions must continue to ensure protections are in place for essential workers.

Cuomo also announced the creation of the New York Forward Re-Opening Advisory Board to help guide the state's re-opening strategy.

BTW, Connecticut is start reopening May 20th. Restraunts/Bars (outdoor seating for now) Retail Stores, Malls (Exterior Stores) Nail and Hair Salons, Spas, Museums Zoos to name a few just in Phase 1.

So for the Coumo fans on this board. If Coumo is a man of his word coordinating with NJ and Connecticut States NY State should be on the same trajectory. BTW, locally the County Executive here expects a Central NY Restart phases to begin on May 15th/16th when ever the NY State on pause intially expires.

BTW, Connecticut is start reopening May 20th. Restraunts/Bars (outdoor seating for now) Retail Stores, Malls (Exterior Stores) Nail and Hair Salons, Spas, Museums Zoos to name a few just in Phase 1.

So for the Coumo fans on this board. If Coumo is a man of his word coordinating with NJ and Connecticut States NY State should be on the same trajectory. BTW, locally the County Executive here expects a Central NY Restart phases to begin on May 15th/16th when ever the NY State on pause intially expires.

I'm not Cuomo but I will let you know the fair is not happening this year.

I'm not Cuomo but I will let you know the fair is not happening this year.

I said i don't care if the fair is cancelled this year or not. That's not my concern as we here in CNY want out lives back we will sacrafice the fair if it means we can get back our lives back. Loss of the 18 day fair is a fair trade to get our lives back for the other 347 days in a year.

Coumo said NY State will be lock n step with Connecticut, NJ, and a few other North East States on Reopening. So thats why i said if Connecticut is restarting May 20th then NY State as a whole should be starting going back online too. Locally here like I said our County Executive is expecting a restart phase 1 on May 15th by our Region.

I might have to take a ride over to Connecticut to get a haircut. By 5/20 I will be so due.

I might have to take a ride over to Connecticut to get a haircut. By 5/20 I will be so due.

Or go to your local shop. I assume u are a new Yorker. If the good governor is a man of his word he said ny Connecticut nj will be coordinate reopening so u shouldn't have to travel out of state to get a haircut of all things. I guess it could be worse I feel for those on the board stuck in NYC tristate. Our local county executive is expecting on time regional restart may 15th and is pushing to add additional business to the phase 1 other than manufacturing construction.

Throw in an "I Got It" and a Llama and Hilby, and we'll have our State Fair after all.

Hold the phone on that. Coumo announced today hes gonna wait till last minute to make the call on the Fair def sounded little more positive on the fair front. CNY was cleared for phase 1 opening also he announced. He also wasn't willing to cancel the Popular Syracuse Nationals which is a favorite of our household he told the organizers to give him a drop dead date they need to know and he will make the call then. It's in July where Syracuse CNY will be in or approaching phase 4. It's outisde people like when we go grab our lawn chairs watch the cars drive up and down electronics parkway and elwood davis and parked in the various hotels and establishments again emphasis outside and we will be back to relative normal by late July anyway. Might have to change the operations at the fair grounds thats all.

We will be back and rocking just in time for the Summer.
1589927899244.png

Like Kushner said. The Country is gonna be rocking again come July. People can't wait to get out and blowoff some much needed steam. There will be a high demand to let loose.
1589928198944.png