Taurean Thompson | Page 119 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

The chicken or the egg.?and BTW Its always been the egg.which was layed by evolutionary cross s e x with birds that were finally merged that created what we now know or recognize as the chicken.

Beautifully stated, Cali. ;)

The chicken or egg problem is okay. But the problem of how the very first "living" cell coming into existence has always been a more fascinating problem to me. Life first showed up at least 3.8 billion years ago, which is about 750 million years after Earth was formed. All kinds of molecules needed for life have been created in the laboratory but never life from dirt. It has been shown that there are certain types of ribonucleotide molecules that have self-replicating properties. Combine that with primordial soup on earth with billions and billions of slime bubbles made of phospholipids and you begin to get the idea of what happened. It kind of boggles the mind to think about the chances that one of those slime bubbles would be formed having just the right amount of self-replicating ribonucleotides in such a pattern where chemical feedback mechanisms would create the potential for replication and continuation by having two identical copies each having the same level of potential for replication. The number of possible of patterns of molecules within slime bubbles is astronomically high. But given 750 million years of time and trillions and trillions of slime bubbles pretty much guarantees that a pattern of viable self-replicating ribonucleotides contained in a slime bubble made of phospholipids would eventually occur in spite of all the astronomical probabilities. If you throw the dice enough times eventually you will get snake eyes!

Last edited:
160mv6.jpg

hobby, Dave85 , hobby

I have this theory that before TT commits we will have figured out the origin of Universe, the meaning of life, the existence of God, and peace in the Middle East. Okay, maybe not peace in the Middle East. But this thread has value!

I have lots of hobbies. I listen to heavy metal music:

My latest favorite song...

Last edited:
Do any of you ever wonder if like, maybe Taurean Thompson is the only thing that's real, and the rest of us are just like, programs or bots or something, and if he decides to commit it will cause us all to just go away because we'll have served our purpose?

I worry about that a little bit sometimes.

You are okay until your quarter runs out. And then a dimensional door will open, a guy in nicely dressed suit will pop out and enter the room. And then he will ask you to quietly and politely follow him into the exit.

What comes first?

Cubs World Series win or Thompson commitment
Trump apology or Thompson commitment
Adam Sandler's Oscar or Thompson commitment
Mark Emmert's honorary doctorate from SU or Thompson commitment
O.J. finding the killers or Thompson commitment
All of the above???

The chicken or egg problem is okay. But the problem of how the very first "living" cell coming into existence has always been a more fascinating problem to me. Life first showed up at least 3.8 billion years ago, which is about 750 million years after Earth was formed. All kinds of molecules needed for life have been created in the laboratory but never life from dirt. It has been shown that there are certain types of ribonucleotide molecules that have self-replicating properties. Combine that with primordial soup on earth with billions and billions of slime bubbles made of phospholipids and you begin to get the idea of what happened. It kind of boggles the mind to think about the chances that one of those slime bubbles would be formed having just the right amount of self-replicating ribonucleotides in such a pattern where chemical feedback mechanisms would create the potential for replication and continuation by having two identical copies each having the same level of potential for replication. The number of possible of patterns of molecules within slime bubbles is astronomically high. But given 750 million years of time and trillions and trillions of slime bubbles pretty much guarantees that a pattern of viable self-replicating ribonucleotides contained in a slime bubble made of phospholipids would eventually occur in spite of all the astronomical probabilities. If you throw the dice enough times eventually you will get snake eyes!
What he said. Just wanted to make you read it twice n case things should get slow in here...

A few months ago I was having dinner with a customer I work with and he swore this was his favorite movie. The dude has long white hair, was in his early sixties and you knew he had done his fair share of hallucinogenics. As he was explaining the movie I was thinking this sounds more like the "worst movie on the planet" and I wasn't even sure if it was a real movie or just one of his bad trips. Only in the TT thread could I have actually seen the trailer without googling it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom