Taurean Thompson | Page 118 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

John Wallace is so close to being my all-time favorite player. But Carmelo's donation to the Melo center tipped the scale for me. I think what Carmelo has done for the program cannot be measured.

That run was during my freshman year at Brockport. The walls of my dorm room were lined with Democrat and Chronicle stories like I was a 13 year old girl with Tiger Beat posters. I only watched one and half games during that tournament outside of my dorm room on my 13" Orion.

The first half of the Georgia game before returning to my room because I didn't want my friends at the party see me go postal when they lost. Only to see the comeback of a lifetime by myself.

Still not buying into the true power that 13" Orion held I was lured by friends to the dome to watch the championship. Needless to say I didn't learn my lesson and I feel as if I am solely to blame for that title loss in '96.

Last edited:
That run was during my freshman year at Brockport. The walls of my dorm room were lined with Democrat and Chronicle stories like I was a 13 year girl with Tiger Beat posters. I only watched one and half games during that tournament outside of my dorm room on my 13" Orion.

The first half of the Georgia game before returning to my room because I didn't want my friends at the party see me go postal when they lost. Only to see the comeback of a lifetime by myself.

Still not buying into the true power that 13" Orion held I was lured by friends to the dome to watch the championship. Needless to say I didn't learn my lesson and I feel as if I am solely to blame for that title loss in '96.
That's cool, I have always blamed you too.

Zag's has a poll out on twitter... What comes first? NBA draft or Thompson commitment...

What comes first?

Cubs World Series win or Thompson commitment
Trump apology or Thompson commitment
Adam Sandler's Oscar or Thompson commitment
Mark Emmert's honorary doctorate from SU or Thompson commitment
O.J. finding the killers or Thompson commitment

What comes first?

Bruce Jenner becoming a woman or Thompson commitment
List from when this recruitment started.

So, Thompson, if he does commit likely becomes the longest duration recruitment or perhaps the deepest into the off season that a recruit who was actively pursued by the staff.

On the other end of the spectrum, who is the recruit who jumped on board the earliest? Me thinks it would be none other than Dion Waiters. He was in 8th grade if memory serves me correctly. Anybody else?

What comes first?

Here's how it should read:

Things that will come before Thompson's commitment:

... [your list]

They can use the opening for the following year. They got in late so it's not like a lot was invested.

He's a good player but not a game changer.

They may feel it's not worth dealing with "whatever" the home situation.
Dealing with Josh Jackson's recruitment was enough

Those are all certainly possible but unless MSU uncovered something that scared them off (which I highly doubt), it just doesn't make sense to me that they would walk away as they have nothing to lose by keeping the door open. It seems to me that IF MSU really did pull out, then I would suspect that they know his decision as well. I'm just tossing this out as a possibility because I know nothing more than others here.

So, Thompson, if he does commit likely becomes the longest duration recruitment or perhaps the deepest into the off season that a recruit who was actively pursued by the staff.

On the other end of the spectrum, who is the recruit who jumped on board the earliest? Me thinks it would be none other than Dion Waiters. He was in 8th grade if memory serves me correctly. Anybody else?

Waiters for sure...he went to like four different high schools too before getting on the hill

Those are all certainly possible but unless MSU uncovered something that scared them off (which I highly doubt), it just doesn't make sense to me that they would walk away as they have nothing to lose by keeping the door open. It seems to me that IF MSU really did pull out, then I would suspect that they know his decision as well. I'm just tossing this out as a possibility because I know nothing more than others here.
Maybe helping the kid out and removing an obstacle for mom.

Here's how it should read:

Things that will come before Thompson's commitment:

... [your list]

84e90df8695b892b987a6286f8893ea1.jpg

Do any of you ever wonder if like, maybe Taurean Thompson is the only thing that's real, and the rest of us are just like, programs or bots or something, and if he decides to commit it will cause us all to just go away because we'll have served our purpose?

I worry about that a little bit sometimes.

Do any of you ever wonder if like, maybe Taurean Thompson is the only thing that's real, and the rest of us are just like, programs or bots or something, and if he decides to commit it will cause us all to just go away because we'll have served our purpose?

Elon Musk has said this is what he believes. So, you know, its like probably true.

I think it is entirely possible that the TT recruitment is a glitch in the simulation as discussed in the video. Based on that theory the creators will soon correct it and he will announce for U of S. If that happens, you'll know we've been living in a simulation all along. In that way, the TT commitment will be the most important event in the history of humanity and this thread will have become instantaneously justified.

What does it mean that they are "not willing to hang in there any longer"?
Are they going after someone else?
Or are they just going to go into the season with the current roster and commits?
To me, that makes no sense. You have a kid that you thought could help your team, you recruited him, now you are going to stop because he is taking his time? There is no downside in keeping the door open.

Maybe they got tired of the drama.

I think many will just take their ball and go back to the Malachi thread.

The chicken or the egg.?and BTW Its always been the egg.which was layed by evolutionary cross s e x with birds that were finally merged that created what we now know or recognize as the chicken.

Now that evolutionary cross s e x with birds has been addressed, this thread has officially covered every topic under the sun. Taurean, please save us from ourselves and commit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom