Taurean Thompson | Page 131 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

TT Island.jpg
TT on his island is likely more like this.

Anyone know which of the three schools has the latest last possible day to register for classes? If this is a true Mexican standoff between Taurean and his mom it might come down to just "Mom Seton hall and Michigan state are closed now so if I'm going to school anywhere it has to be Syracuse."

Michigan says they are no longer pursuing TT. Seton Hall is one over scholarship limit so they would have to get rid of 2 guys for TT to get a scholarship.

I like the theory TT will commit during the NBA draft. Doing something crazy helps him with his brand recognition. These kids today are really marketing savvy if he does this. It will be good story.

Is there any way we can have a thread just for Thompson and a thread for people who have nothing better to do but write stupid stuff in an attempt to drive this thread count as high as possible...Its really annoying for those of us who come to look at this to actually find information on the recruit and have to read through pages of nonsense.

Hate to be a Buzz Killington but I agree with this. This thread is beyond saving but let's not do this again. Francis, iommi and others have worked hard to make this recruiting board a must see and I'd prefer not to ruin it.

“He’s able to face up and play with his back to the basket. He finishes around the rim with his left hand and right hand equally well,” Smith said of Thompson. “He has an extremely high ceiling.”

Izzo and his staff on April 15 flew to New York to watch the Jordan Brand Classic at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, where Bridges and Winston were playing in the national game. They also went to scout Thompson, who was in the regional game alongside players from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania.

Thompson didn’t disappoint. The New York City native earned MVP honors of the regional event with 27 points on 13 of 15 shooting, adding 13 rebounds, three assists and two blocks.

Is there any way we can have a thread just for Thompson and a thread for people who have nothing better to do but write stupid stuff in an attempt to drive this thread count as high as possible...Its really annoying for those of us who come to look at this to actually find information on the recruit and have to read through pages of nonsense.

Hate to be a Buzz Killington but I agree with this. This thread is beyond saving but let's not do this again. Francis, iommi and others have worked hard to make this recruiting board a must see and I'd prefer not to ruin it.
You have it.

Fair warning - this thread will now be for TT posts exclusively. There have been too many complaints, both publicly and privately. If you want the Wild West, head over to syracuse.com. If the thread needs to be locked, it will be.

Thank you.

"One recruit could help assuage those concerns.

That prospect is none other than Taurean Thompson. He sits as one of the last major uncommitted players in the 2016 recruiting class and should make a major impact wherever he lands. Thompson boasts offers from a plethora of schools, but is deciding between Michigan State, Seton Hall, and Syracuse in the coming days.

Thompson comes out of Wolfeboro, N.H., and is rated as a four-star prospect by 247Sports and the No. 1 rated player out of his state his year. He’s listed at 6-foot-9 and 200 pounds and is rated by 247Sports as the No. 12 center in the 2016 recruiting class.

Although Thompson will likely take some time to adjust to the college game, he has the length and wingspan to play around the rim on both ends of the floor. In particular, his ability to finish consistently and forcefully at the hoop could make him a reliable early option upfront next season."

You have it.

Fair warning - this thread will now be for TT posts exclusively. There have been too many complaints, both publicly and privately. If you want the Wild West, head over to syracuse.com. If the thread needs to be locked, it will be.

Thank you.

I followed your last warning. And then after one page scrolled by people did not see your warning continued to post non-TT posts. I'm just saying you may need to be a little patient and make your warning post on a few pages so enough people see it.

“He’s able to face up and play with his back to the basket. He finishes around the rim with his left hand and right hand equally well,” Smith said of Thompson. “He has an extremely high ceiling.”

Izzo and his staff on April 15 flew to New York to watch the Jordan Brand Classic at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, where Bridges and Winston were playing in the national game. They also went to scout Thompson, who was in the regional game alongside players from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania.

Thompson didn’t disappoint. The New York City native earned MVP honors of the regional event with 27 points on 13 of 15 shooting, adding 13 rebounds, three assists and two blocks.
Wowzers, let's lock it down.

Interesting... TT doesn't mention MSU when interviewed and asked about schools recruiting him. It seems more and more like the MSU visit was out of curiosity and/or what the heck since TT had one official visit left in his pocket. 27 points and 13 rebounds - impressive.

Interesting... TT doesn't mention MSU when interviewed and asked about schools recruiting him. It seems more and more like the MSU visit was out of curiosity and/or what the heck since TT had one official visit left in his pocket. 27 points and 13 rebounds - impressive.

That is what I thought all along about MSU. Regarding SH it seems they would have to make schollie moves to get TT...which I am not sure they would be able/willing to do. So that leaves only SU...why commit and sign a LOI now when you don't have to, just enroll on time and get going then...he has already missed part of the summer, so no sense really in rushing to get to SU now, let alone anywhere...I think ultimately he will enroll with SU and at that time get a schollie...

Dave, keep in mind the old adage, a watched pot never commits.

He's most likely coming to SU. It's his best opportunity. All the other issues preventing him from committing will become secondary at some point. I will be surprise if he doesn't say anything this week because the second summer session starts the middle of July. He would be crazy to carry 15 credits in the fall.

The NBA Draft has come and gone and Taurean Thompson is still on the clock.

The 6-foot-10 power forward from Brewster (N.H.) Academy told me on June 2 he planned to decide right after visiting Michigan State. That was three weeks ago. His graduation at Brewster was a month ago.

"Of course it 's a little frustating because I want to commit, too," Thompson told me June 2. "It means I gotta go on another visit and then I'll commit right after."

Thompson is thought to be considering Syracuse and Seton Hall along with the Spartans.

All three schools begin summer league sessions July 5.

Thompson doesn't have social media and hasn't issued any comments since I spoke with him.

Asked then if he would just sign scholarship papers since the late signing period ended, he said: "I don't know how all that works, but I just know once I make my decision it's going to be in June. Right after the visit, I don't really have a [date]."

He added: "I want to commit. I want to start college now."

Recruiting Roundup: Taurean Thompson Still on the Clock, Kostas Antetokounmpo to Dayton

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom