Taurean Thompson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Looks pretty good to me in this one. Decent feel around the basket, gets up quickly and good vertical, looks like a long wingspan too.
I have now watched two videos of this kid. he looks athletic enough and he has good form on his mid-range J. My one criticism is that he doesn't seem to finish around the rim with power. Maybe that will change as he gets stronger, but IMHO he will need a couple of years for that before he can be an effective player at the ACC level. Haven't seen enough to have an opinion on how he boards or passes or ball handles. Regardless, I trust the staff when it comes to recruiting 90+% of the time and if they have offered I would want this kid.

I understand that but some were saying "IF" its simply one class like his Coach had said he could do a semester and come to SU. I tend to think the one class in Senegal thing amounts to a CYOA for Pope John and the coach.
It is. If it was one class and he was ever going to wear Orange he would have gone prep. JUCO...he gone for good.

A lot of recruits connected to Syracuse have been making visits to other schools, but not to Syracuse ... not sure how SU is going to land them without at least getting them on campus. What's the visit schedule for 2017 recruits looking like? Any big names for madness yet?

AZOrange said:
This guy looks like a stiff player to me. Not a stiff mind you but not fluid. Like the opposite if a guy like Moyer.

Tend to think he looks pretty smooth around the basket for someone 6-10. He'd be a 4, so he'll need to get stronger and work on his handle.

Thompson looks to me like a poor man's Chris McCullough. Nice height, good ball skills and great-looking jumpshot. Certainly does not appear to have the same degree of athleticism, as Chris, But looks more mobile to me then Rick Jackson ever has. I only live about an hour from Brewster, so if the interest remains high I'll plan to check him out.

Texas (long way from home but nice weather) AAC (lots of travel, less and less respect annually, very few marquee matvhups but likely a bigger role right out of the gate than at SU)
Plus, Larry Brown doesn't stick too long at any given job and he has to be feeling the itch to move on.

Plus, Larry Brown doesn't stick too long at any given job and he has to be feeling the itch to move on.

Agreed. And even though JB won't be around for Thompson's whole tenure he knows Hopkins will be taking over and the program will maintain stability during that period. Thompson is a North East kid who loved his official last weekend so I'm not worried. Like I said in the Green thread I expect him to close out or 2016 class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom