Taurean Thompson | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

I like this thread. Even if he doesn't commit to the Orange I say we keep posting the day watch to the thread because he might change his mind like Tyus did! This thread is not going to die until TT graduates from college or enters the NBA draft!

I like this thread. Even if he doesn't commit to the Orange I say we keep posting the day watch to the thread because he might change his mind like Tyus did! This thread is not going to die until TT graduates from college or enters the NBA draft!
thread_cannot_be_saved_by_kittens.jpg

If your looking at things now, sure. But they didn't start recruiting TT yesterday. I believe we are on day 270 something of the TT watch. That is a very long time for the staff to get involved with various other big men, which they were either unable or unwilling to do hence the lack of options, or signed players at this time. There are 37 HS seniors in the top 100 alone that are listed as PF or C according to ESPN. That's just the top 100, it doesn't include players outside of that ranking or available transfers or JUCO's. I totally understand that not all players can fit our system, but I have a hard time believing that a program the caliber of Syracuse has that much trouble finding a decent big after a final 4 run.

The bolded statement conflicts with everything you said before it. After the Final Four run, it's not like there were a ton of options available. Even so, next year's rotation is set, so you're asking a top 100 recruit to come in and sit on the bench for a season. How many four-star players are willing to do that? And fans would not have been satisfied with another Obokoh.

TT is the Plan B. We didn't have all this space on the roster a year ago. The coaching staff thought we would have both Bryant and Diagne. We wound up with neither. The NCAA gave back a scholarship before the season started, and then Obokoh transferred after the season. The coaches targeted TT and - if not for his mother - he would have committed already. This is what getting penalized looks like.

At least with Hodge, we were talking about a top 10 potential program changing type of player. I've never seen a recruitment gone down like this for a borderline top 100 player.
But the consolation prize for missing out on Hodge was Hak! If we were postured for a similar outcome I'd personally help him sign his letter of intent to Seton Hall or MSU in a heartbeat!

we have the best resume in the country the last 6 years if not top 4.

1 seed. center went down or we had the highest odds to win it all.
3 seed
1 seed elite 8
final four
1 seed
suspension
final four.

There should be plenty of solid 4's high 3's willing to problem is they all have verballed I suppose.

There has got to be a dozen plus four/ three stars uncomitted right now.

Heres two I don't believe commited yet skylar nash out of chi-town (6'5) sg. or James Scott out of NJ.

I figure with such a reloading class next year anyway there is no point not taking a chance on a longshot or atleast getting in good standing incase Thompson is scared away from the big lights.

Last edited:
we have the best resume in the country the last 6 years if not top 4.

1 seed. center went down or we had the highest odds to win it all.
3 seed
1 seed elite 8
final four
1 seed
suspension
final four.

There should be plenty of solid 4's high 3's willing to problem is they all have verballed I suppose.
Not all but most and they weren't heavily sought after by Jimmy and his minions.

check out the dunks on this guy out of vermont not to bad for a sf check out his elite 75 hes got a real solid pullup out of a dribble and looks mature for his age outside of the strength department. Tervell Beck out of OH is another one reminds me a pinch of Gbinije's high school clips (his clips are worth a look). Ben Coupet was ranked the number one sf out of Illinois a couple years back long lengthy smooth body under the radar, AJ Wilson out of florida same thing. Not to spam as I sometimes do this time of year, but just saying there are a couple of options out therem but time is ticking.

Last edited:
I would love him to come to syracuse. If he truly wants MSU, he should go to MSU. Wherever he wants to go , he should go , not where mom wants. Its his decision. That is what is so frustrating for me in this whole thing.

Folks nothing can be so bad in this thread or in life that you don't laugh out loud at the Chris Farley gif...Blue just a funny cut...that particular cut of Farley in this thread is too funny and now back to everyone's regularly scheduled handwringing...carry on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom