Taurean Thompson | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

we have the best resume in the country the last 6 years if not top 4.

1 seed. center went down or we had the highest odds to win it all.
3 seed
1 seed elite 8
final four
1 seed
suspension
final four.

There should be plenty of solid 4's high 3's willing to problem is they all have verballed I suppose.

There has got to be a dozen plus four/ three stars uncomitted right now.

Heres two I don't believe commited yet skylar nash out of chi-town (6'5) sg. or James Scott out of NJ.

I figure with such a reloading class next year anyway there is no point not taking a chance on a longshot or atleast getting in good standing incase Thompson is scared away from the big lights.
check out the dunks on this guy out of vermont not to bad for a sf check out his elite 75 hes got a real solid pullup out of a dribble and looks mature for his age outside of the strength department. Tervell Beck out of OH is another one reminds me a pinch of Gbinije's high school clips (his clips are worth a look). Ben Coupet was ranked the number one sf out of Illinois a couple years back long lengthy smooth body under the radar, AJ Wilson out of florida same thing. Not to spam as I sometimes do this time of year, but just saying there are a couple of options out therem but time is ticking.
Most of the players that you listed are already off the board. James Scott signed with Kennesaw St. KJ Santos with UIC, and Ben Coupet with UNLV. I think Beck will head to prep or JC.

Seems like a self proclaimed expert the more I read his tweets. Said hes basing his info from "syracuse people" not being as confident. Looking more and more like hes just taking an educated guess like all of us.
"syracuse people" =
upload_2016-6-6_20-28-6.jpeg

Most of the players that you listed are already off the board. James Scott signed with Kennesaw St. KJ Santos with UIC, and Ben Coupet with UNLV. I think Beck will head to prep or JC.

just to take up space in this thread, was there a big aau tourney in White Plains this past weekend?

Here's some info. Great lineup

Players scheduled to attend the Frankie Williams Charity Classic:

Elijah Hughes, Kennedy/South Kent (East Carolina)

Kylan Guerra, Stepinac/Kent School (Philadelphia University)

Chuba Ohams, Putnam Science Academy (Fordham)

Aaron Wheeler, St. Andrew’s School (uncommitted)

Jordan Tucker, Stepinac (uncommitted)

Rawle Alkins, Christ the King/Word of God (Arizona)

Shamorie Ponds, Jefferson (St. John’s)

Aundre Hyatt, Stepinac (uncommitted)

Kai Mitchell, Spring Valley/St. Thomas More (Iona)

Sidney Wilson, St. Raymond (uncommitted)

Ty Jerome, Iona Prep (Virginia)*

Bryce Wills, Iona Prep (uncommitted)

Taurean Thompson, Brewster Academy (uncommitted)

Isaiah Washington, St. Raymond (uncommitted)

Brandon Randolph, Westtown School (uncommitted)

Quade Green, Neumann-Goretti (uncommitted)

Cole Anthony, Molloy (uncommitted)

Hasahn French, Middletown/Commonwealth Academy (uncommitted)

Saquan Singleton, Scanlan (uncommitted)

Walter Whyte, St. Luke’s (uncommitted)

Deng Gak, Blair Academy (uncommitted)

Tareq Coburn, Cardozo (St. Bonaventure)

Aaron Walker, Cardozo (Manhattan)

Ray Salnave, Cardozo (Monmouth)

Opong Bramble, MacDuffie School (uncommitted)

Dominick Cristiano, Kennedy/Greens Farms (Lafayette)

Rojaye Campbell, Long Island Lutheran (uncommitted)

Patrick Fleming, Iona Prep (Assumption)

*will not participate

maybe "big" and "aau" are incorrect, but there were a couple of teams staying in our hotel in WP this past weekend

TT was there, LOL. Shoulda stalked the lobby harder

I met a few kids from a shreevesport la team who took a loss to an NJ squad earlier.

I saw a few kids in Expressions Elite gear, but no one I recognized. Looked for Richards to give him a "go to Cuse" nod but he didn't turn out to be either of the guys I asked if they were him.

Had I known so many targets were around, I would have had little man plus a few of his cute cousins decked out in Orange in the lobby. instead he was geeked to be just a couple of blocks from where Kristaps lives.

TT was there, LOL. Shoulda stalked the lobby harder

I met a few kids from a shreevesport la team who took a loss to an NJ squad earlier.

I saw a few kids in Expressions Elite gear, but no one I recognized. Looked for Richards to give him a "go to Cuse" nod but he didn't turn out to be either of the guys I asked if they were him.

Had I known so many targets were around, I would have had little man plus a few of his cute cousins decked out in Orange in the lobby. instead he was geeked to be just a couple of blocks from where Kristaps lives.
I thought of the game straight away but it was a Thursday night. Probably different event.

we have the best resume in the country the last 6 years if not top 4.

1 seed. center went down or we had the highest odds to win it all.
3 seed
1 seed elite 8
final four
1 seed
suspension
final four.

There should be plenty of solid 4's high 3's willing to problem is they all have verballed I suppose.

There has got to be a dozen plus four/ three stars uncomitted right now.

Heres two I don't believe commited yet skylar nash out of chi-town (6'5) sg. or James Scott out of NJ.

I figure with such a reloading class next year anyway there is no point not taking a chance on a longshot or atleast getting in good standing incase Thompson is scared away from the big lights.

I'm proud of our suspension. If you are not bending the rules you are not fully competing.

The bolded statement conflicts with everything you said before it. After the Final Four run, it's not like there were a ton of options available. Even so, next year's rotation is set, so you're asking a top 100 recruit to come in and sit on the bench for a season. How many four-star players are willing to do that? And fans would not have been satisfied with another Obokoh.

TT is the Plan B. We didn't have all this space on the roster a year ago. The coaching staff thought we would have both Bryant and Diagne. We wound up with neither. The NCAA gave back a scholarship before the season started, and then Obokoh transferred after the season. The coaches targeted TT and - if not for his mother - he would have committed already. This is what getting penalized looks like.

Should have said a Final Four program, so your correct there. But im sorry saying TT was plan B to Bryant and Diange is a stretch at best. I get what your saying but come on. They were not in the same class. You had over a year to find a suitable replacement for losing Diange, and Bryant chose Indiana more than a year and a half ago so you can't even count that. Losing players like Diange Bryant happens all the time, you have to work hard and overcome that type of adversity.

If a program the caliber of Syracuse can not get seriously involved and recruit multiple quality bigs with over a years worth of time, especially after having the rest to the class (Moyer and Battle) on board, then there is a problem. Period. They were recruiting TT so there was space, their might not have been 2-3 openings but you still had 1. I know if I had 1 opening I would definitely have been pursuing multiple players very hard. This didn't happen and that's an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom