Taurean Thompson | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Once he's family he's family.
Fredo-Corleone.jpg

Should have said a Final Four program, so your correct there. But im sorry saying TT was plan B to Bryant and Diange is a stretch at best. I get what your saying but come on. They were not in the same class. You had over a year to find a suitable replacement for losing Diange, and Bryant chose Indiana more than a year and a half ago so you can't even count that. Losing players like Diange Bryant happens all the time, you have to work hard and overcome that type of adversity.

If a program the caliber of Syracuse can not get seriously involved and recruit multiple quality bigs with over a years worth of time, especially after having the rest to the class (Moyer and Battle) on board, then there is a problem. Period. They were recruiting TT so there was space, their might not have been 2-3 openings but you still had 1. I know if I had 1 opening I would definitely have been pursuing multiple players very hard. This didn't happen and that's an issue.
They recruited at least four PFs/Cs with limited resources.

They recruited at least four PFs/Cs with limited resources.

None of which they recruited with a fraction of the effort they did for TT. Thats what I am getting at, they put in work with TT but why no one else? IMHO that doesn't cut it when your a top 10 program and have the rest of your class locked up for the next year. Guess we will have to agree to disagree on this, which there is nothing wrong with.

This was posted yesterday on a MSU site.

Taurean Thompson close to decision as Michigan State visit wraps up

Like I said in a post this morning on the hoops board, the staff is feeling good about TT's decision. At least in public...

Good link.

The only indicator of anything other than Cuse is Meyer at 24/7 changing his vote. My understanding is there is virtually zero inside information feeding those predictions and they are basically coin flips. We should probably know one way or the other this week based on what Taurean has said about his timing.

Good link.

The only indicator of anything other than Cuse is Meyer at 24/7 changing his vote. My understanding is there is virtually zero inside information feeding those predictions and they are basically coin flips. We should probably know one way or the other this week based on what Taurean has said about his timing.

Spot on.

TT could be shaping up as the classic "I can't decide between alternatives A and B so I'll go with C". Supposedly TT wants SU his mom says no. His mom wants Seton Hall and TT says no. Way to break the loggerhead...choose MSU. Hope not but wouldn't surprise me at all.

we have the best resume in the country the last 6 years if not top 4.

1 seed. center went down or we had the highest odds to win it all.
3 seed
1 seed elite 8
final four
1 seed
suspension
final four.

There should be plenty of solid 4's high 3's willing to problem is they all have verballed I suppose.

There has got to be a dozen plus four/ three stars uncomitted right now.

Heres two I don't believe commited yet skylar nash out of chi-town (6'5) sg. or James Scott out of NJ.

I figure with such a reloading class next year anyway there is no point not taking a chance on a longshot or atleast getting in good standing incase Thompson is scared away from the big lights.
He looks good enough to take as an insurance depth kid of player in the thin backcourt. His driving could result in a lot of fouls being made defending him. If he is a good free throw kind of player he becomes even more valuable.

TT could be shaping up as the classic "I can't decide between alternatives A and B so I'll go with C". Supposedly TT wants SU his mom says no. His mom wants Seton Hall and TT says no. Way to break the loggerhead...choose MSU. Hope not but wouldn't surprise me at all.

Accept there's a tweet where he says he wants to go to MSU. So maybe SU will be the compromise.

At this point, it's not a bad thing if he takes an extra day or two. That would indicate that the MSU trip didn't go as well as what's being reported.

As soon as he gets past level 35 on Nuke Town, Call of Duty 2, he will announce.

Even if we get TT, is there any possibility that our 2017 recruiting class isn't the largest in school history?!
I mean we don't even have the ability to run a 5 on 5 scrimmage with scholly players, and it’s not like they are all coming back after this season... Without a 7 or 8 player 2017 class, we could be screwed again in another year...

Even if we get TT, is there any possibility that our 2017 recruiting class isn't the largest in school history?!
I mean we don't even have the ability to run a 5 on 5 scrimmage with scholly players, and it’s not like they are all coming back after this season... Without a 7 or 8 player 2017 class, we could be screwed again in another year...

...which is why the class of 2017 is likely to be a 6-7 player class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom