TB & OB | Syracusefan.com

TB & OB

BillSU

All American
You may have already read these but I thought it was interesting enough to re – post these NBA scout opinions about Tyus and Oshae. Unlike some opinions it sounds like OB will be back, (see copy), Battle is a question mark IMO.

Battle:
“You wish he was as aggressive as he was in the Duke game — every game,” said an Eastern Conference scout. “His jumper isn’t there. Defensively, because of the zone, you don’t know too much. In the combine last year, he wasn’t aggressive. He’s not assertive. He won’t assert himself and that’s concerning. If he does go undrafted, he could have a fresh start. But he’s just not wired to be aggressive, because he’s very laid back, almost to a detriment.”

Brissett:

A scout told The Daily Orange in November at Madison Square Garden that Brissett’s projected draft stock had dipped from 33rd to 80th, a likely drafted prospect. Several scouts said they hadn’t seen improvement from his first year to his second, and his ability to finish around the rim was concerning. “He’s having a questionable year,” an Eastern Conference scout said. “He doesn’t move well enough. Can he shoot and defend? You don’t trust his shot or consistency shooting.”“He can’t handle the ball. He looks the part, but he’s very limited in what he can do,” the scout added. “I don’t know what the substance is there with him.”

Given he isn’t a projected NBA pick, it’s increasingly likely Brissett returns for at least one more season at SU. As one of two returning starters (forward Elijah Hughes), he’d have plenty of opportunities to grow and show scouts the potential he flashed as a freshman in the NCAA Tournament. “Next year I want to be the guy who can rebound, score and pass,” Brissett said following SU’s season-ending loss to Baylor in the NCAA Tournament. “I want to be a triple-double guy.”

GOSU :)

If Brisset comes back the only thing he should work on is finishing from 10 feet and in. Needs so much work on his mid range and low post game. Everything about his game regressed this year. He has so much work to do.

I like OB. He was quite inconsistent this year, and really needs to come back for at least another year. A lot of players, however, don't go to college to develop, rather they go to be seen, and just keep playing the game they brought in with them.

Tyus isn’t aggressive or assertive and is laid back?

Hmm, that’s not how I would describe him after watching him play over 100 times.
He does disappear sometimes.

I think a lot of it is because he can’t rely on the jumper. It’s not consistent and it’s not a quick release. Although he can hit the corner three. Straight on he really is not very good at all.

Tyus isn’t aggressive or assertive and is laid back?

Hmm, that’s not how I would describe him after watching him play over 100 times.
I didn’t think he was aggressive enough at the end of the season and especially in the Baylor game. He needed to attack basket relentlessly like he did in last year’s tourney and in the first half of the ACC schedule.

I like OB. He was quite inconsistent this year, and really needs to come back for at least another year. A lot of players, however, don't go to college to develop, rather they go to be seen, and just keep playing the game they brought in with them.
I'm starting to wonder if Dolezaj won't be back if Brissett is...and in turn, that the coaching staff would prefer to have Marek next season.

Dolezaj isn't a center and never will be. So you have Hughes (who isn't going anywhere), OB and MD. All three should be starting, but only two can. Depth isn't a concern because Braswell showed he will be capable of coming off the bench and contributing in the rotation as a Soph, and Guerrier has potential as well.

Brissett's Instagram post wasn't nothing. I think we've seen the last of him in a Syracuse uniform.

If Brisset comes back the only thing he should work on is finishing from 10 feet and in. Needs so much work on his mid range and low post game. Everything about his game regressed this year. He has so much work to do.

I question if this staff will help him. He'd be better off leaving.

I'm starting to wonder if Dolezaj won't be back if Brissett is...and in turn, that the coaching staff would prefer to have Marek next season.

Dolezaj isn't a center and never will be. So you have Hughes (who isn't going anywhere), OB and MD. All three should be starting, but only two can. Depth isn't a concern because Braswell showed he will be capable of coming off the bench and contributing in the rotation as a Soph, and Guerrier has potential as well.

Brissett's Instagram post wasn't nothing. I think we've seen the last of him in a Syracuse uniform.
The staff would want both back next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom