Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we've landed a handful of 4 star players, and the talent was at a higher level in 80's and 90's than what we have now, but have we ever landed a 5 star "talent" before? I know Harrison was highly recruited, as well as McNabb, and Conrad etc, but would any of those talented guys from the past been a 5 star recruit?

Spotwood and IMac were Parade All Americans top 100 recruits

Cecil Howard consensus top 10 qb lemming had him top 20 recruit in the country

Morant,
Scott Freeney, Konrad, Green, cliff Smith, Mike Owens, Terry Richardson was at least a high 4

Last edited:
I have hope as well, but if Raymon couldn't get a waiver with his whole situation i'm not holding my breathe on the NCAA making a decisions in our favor.

Here's to hope though

It wasn't the ncaa with Raymon

First off, welcome to the program.

Second, I'm not usually big on transfers in college football because I think they're extremely hard to accurately evaluate (see Funderburke), but if there's a no brainer transfer situation, taking a 5 star player while he's still in his first semester is it.

Third, having a top flight TE on the roster hopefully sneaky encourages us to throw more.

I'm still hoping that SU can get that waiver and he can play in 2016.

Doesn't seem likely, especially now that the immediate eligibility hardship waiver was recently revoked.

From the NCAA website: http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/common-transfer-questions

Common Transfer Questions

Why can’t student-athletes compete immediately after transferring?

Requiring student-athletes to sit out of competition for a year after transferring encourages them to make decisions motivated by academics as well as athletics. Most student-athletes who are not eligible to compete immediately benefit from a year to adjust to their new school and focus on their classes. Student-athletes who must sit out for a year at their new school may practice with their new team and receive an athletics scholarship if they were academically eligible when they left their previous school.

Are there any situations in which I may compete immediately after transferring?

Many student-athletes who transfer from a four-year school are immediately eligible for competition because they qualify for a one-time transfer exception. Division I student-athletes in baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s ice hockey and football (Football Bowl Subdivision) are not eligible for the one-time transfer exception. For more information on your specific situation, talk to the compliance department at the school to which you are transferring.

Student-athletes in the following situations may be able to compete immediately after transferring:

If the student-athlete has never transferred before from a four-year school and meets academic requirements, that student-athlete might be able to use the one-time transfer exception (except in baseball, basketball, men’s ice hockey or footbal
If the first school dropped the student-athlete’s sport from its athletics program
If the first school did not sponsor the student-athlete’s sport at the intercollegiate level
If the student-athlete has never been recruited, received an athletics scholarship or practiced beyond a 14-consecutive day period at any school or participated in competition before transferring
If the student-athlete returns to the first school without participating at the second school
If the student-athlete did not practice or play in his or her sport for two years​

Pitt isn't taking the news well.
giphy.gif

Doesn't seem likely, especially now that the immediate eligibility hardship waiver was recently revoked.

From the NCAA website: http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/common-transfer-questions

Common Transfer Questions

Why can’t student-athletes compete immediately after transferring?

Requiring student-athletes to sit out of competition for a year after transferring encourages them to make decisions motivated by academics as well as athletics. Most student-athletes who are not eligible to compete immediately benefit from a year to adjust to their new school and focus on their classes. Student-athletes who must sit out for a year at their new school may practice with their new team and receive an athletics scholarship if they were academically eligible when they left their previous school.

Are there any situations in which I may compete immediately after transferring?

Many student-athletes who transfer from a four-year school are immediately eligible for competition because they qualify for a one-time transfer exception. Division I student-athletes in baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s ice hockey and football (Football Bowl Subdivision) are not eligible for the one-time transfer exception. For more information on your specific situation, talk to the compliance department at the school to which you are transferring.

Student-athletes in the following situations may be able to compete immediately after transferring:

If the student-athlete has never transferred before from a four-year school and meets academic requirements, that student-athlete might be able to use the one-time transfer exception (except in baseball, basketball, men’s ice hockey or footbal
If the first school dropped the student-athlete’s sport from its athletics program
If the first school did not sponsor the student-athlete’s sport at the intercollegiate level
If the student-athlete has never been recruited, received an athletics scholarship or practiced beyond a 14-consecutive day period at any school or participated in competition before transferring
If the student-athlete returns to the first school without participating at the second school
If the student-athlete did not practice or play in his or her sport for two years​

In no way disputing any of the info you provided. But despite this, why are hoops players eligible at half season increments?

Yet lacrosse players are eligible immediately.

Go figure.

We have a legit chance to get him next year. I think the NCAA waiver has to be a 50/50 shot. I think he will play 2 years and go pro. So I think next year the NCAA might require he sit out 1 game or 2 and be eligible.

Sitting out 1 game makes too much sense and seems like fair justice so that means hes prob done until 2017

In no way disputing any of the info you provided. But despite this, why are hoops players eligible at half season increments?

Because u have to go through one entire school year. So if u transfer before the second semester, ur first semester is spring then ur second semester is fall, then ur eligible starting second semester.

Its actually quite easy and unfortunately the rules seem to indicate clark cant play next year unless we find out he has a family member who is sick.

I'm not sure, but I would guess it is because hoops season spans two semesters. Because of the longer season, transfers can enroll in January, be enrolled for a full year (mandated by NCAA), and then join the team the following January and still play about half the season.

Clark will enroll January 2016 and be eligible January 2017. If only the football team was still playing then...

Spotwood and IMac were Parade All Americans top 100 recruits

Cecil Howard consensus top 10 qb lemming had him top 20 recruit in the country

Morant,
Scott Freeney, Konrad, Green, cliff Smith, Mike Owens, Terry Richardson was at least a high 4

I believe Konrad was a Parade All-American too.

I'm pretty sure Konrad was the #1 rated fullback in the country, wasn't he? He's basically the first football recruit I can ever remember hearing about when I was a kid. I used to get some SU sports newspaper called like "The Big Orange" or something mailed up to me in Vermont, and there was a big article on him in there.

I'm pretty sure Konrad was the #1 rated fullback in the country, wasn't he? He's basically the first football recruit I can ever remember hearing about when I was a kid. I used to get some SU sports newspaper called like "The Big Orange" or something mailed up to me in Vermont, and there was a big article on him in there.
I got that mag as well.

Yeah, that ruled. I used to buy them at gas stations.

dasher said:
I got that mag as well.

Ha. I wrote for that mag for awhile. "From the Stands". Judy Salamone was a wonderful person.

Great news. Now hopefully he can put the past behind him, get a waiver, and play in 2016. Big time talent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom