Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I know her. But only through some of her endeavors.
Funny story. Judy's brother, Vinny, was the person who bought me my first seasons tickets ever. He was a high school football coach of mine who would bring me to the games on Saturday home and away to teach me more about the game. He also taught me all of Syracuse football history.

Those same seats that Vinny bought me in that first year, that I also looked for for almost a decade, were the ones that TexanMark sold me three years ago. It took me so long to get them back but that's why I love setting up in the corners. You can see everything develop and it's where I started to first learn about X's and O's.

He can't. By rule, players cannot declare for the draft until they are 3 years removed from high school. if what you say happens, that means 1st year is UCLA/enroll SU January (2015), 2nd year SU sit out to satisfy transfer (2016), then 3rd year at SU (2017). I guess he could sit out again in 2017 but he might as well play since he is at school.
Wouldn't the first year be his year at prep school?

I think we'll apply for the waiver, but there won't be much expectation to receive it. The only wiggle room I can see is that the rule was designed to stop players from competing one full season at one school and then immediately be eligible the next season without having to sit out games. Clark essentially has already missed this season.

Early year transfers like Clark weren't the issue in the NCAAs eyes, but the rule seems to be written to prohibit any transfers.

Hard for the NCAA to make an exception here.

I think we'll apply for the waiver, but there won't be much expectation to receive it. The only wiggle room I can see is that the rule was designed to stop players from competing one full season at one school and then immediately be eligible the next season without having to sit out games. Clark essentially has already missed this season.

Early year transfers like Clark weren't the issue in the NCAAs eyes, but the rule seems to be written to prohibit any transfers.

the ncaa has never let following rules bother them before

dasher said:
the ncaa has never let following rules bother them before

University Presidents proposed that rule and a subset of University presidents approved it.

University Presidents proposed that rule and a subset of University presidents approved it.

more reason for p5 autonomy since these rules typically favor the smaller schools.

What you don't want is a top player from school A, that hasn't been doing well, being able to immediately transfer to school B that is a successful program and then the player is immediately available. I completely understand barring that. You don't want kids transferring for football reasons and being made immediately available. Sets a horrible precedent.

In Clark's case, I think any objective person could look at the situation and see that he's not transferring for football purposes. I don't think barring him from competing next year is in the spirit of the rule, although it does fall under the letter of the rule so that's about 99% certain the way the NCAA will play this. But there's always a chance.

The only reason we landed Clark was because of his height. If he were two inches taller...

Wait...
Yah he'll definitely suck because he's not 6'7. lol (touche', brother).

Last edited:
Didn't Eddie Vanderhoos a 5star DT that committed to ND get to transfer to UCLA and play immediately? I'm not sure if he played in a game or not for ND that year, but i'm almost positive he was enrolled in school at ND, but was still eligible to play immediately at UCLA?

Didn't Eddie Vanderhoos a 5star DT that committed to ND get to transfer to UCLA and play immediately? I'm not sure if he played in a game or not for ND that year, but i'm almost positive he was enrolled in school at ND, but was still eligible to play immediately at UCLA?

Vanderdoes originally signed a National Letter of Intent in February 2013 to play college football with Notre Dame. However, he asked to be released due to family reasons and other concerns, but Fighing Irish coach Brian Kelly refused to release him. Vanderdoes wanted to play for UCLA and appealed his case, which resulted in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) National Letter of Intent Appeals Committee granting him immediate eligibility to play for the Bruins.[1][2]

Wouldn't the first year be his year at prep school?
Prep school is considered an extension of high school so time line doesn't start until after prep school.

Any chance he plays next year considering in and out scenario ?

Are people serious when they say he's going to go to the NFL after playing one game of college football? Or is everyone here trying to be super funny?

Are people serious when they say he's going to go to the NFL after playing one game of college football? Or is everyone here trying to be super funny?
No, but I do think that he is a better TE than Gronk. ;)

Here's a photo of the newest board member who just found out we landed a 5* Tight End.

rupaul-2012-mtv-video-music-awards-02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors