Class of 2018 - TE/DE Gabe Horan (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 TE/DE Gabe Horan (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

That pizza looks good. Don't let anyone tell you Chicago pizza is as good as NY. I miss that thin crust. Anyway, hopefully Bailey etc keeps quiet and lets the kid have his moment

That pizza looks good. Don't let anyone tell you Chicago pizza is as good as NY. I miss that thin crust. Anyway, hopefully Bailey etc keeps quiet and lets the kid have his moment

They both are good just different. Also grats to Gabe and great to have our first 2018 in! Whatever happened to Ben Barrett I remember he was on and off the football team a few times.

Been out of the JD area for awhile now so I've never heard of Robbie T's. Johnny's was the place back in the day.

I thought we capitalized "VERBALLED" in the title when it's to us? ;) I could only see "Verballe" when I first logged on & got sad :( for a second.

Baldwinsville Bees ‏@Bville_Bees 33m33 minutes ago

Congrats @horangabe11 Hard Work Pays Off. Go Bees
1f41d.png
& Go Cuse
1f34a.png

The more I watch his tape, the more I'm drawn to his fluidity and high IQ. High hopes for this guy.
Agreed. I watched a couple of B'ville games last year via TWC and he was the one player that I really noticed.

When I discovered he was just a Jr it made me curious why, considering his size and athletic ability, there wasn't any buzz about him around here. I even posted inquiring information about him.

Apparently the coaches have been on him for quite a while. Very happy to hear about his verbal.

Agreed. I watched a couple of B'ville games last year via TWC and he was the one player that I really noticed.

When I discovered he was just a Jr it made me curious why, considering his size and athletic ability, there wasn't any buzz about him around here. I even posted inquiring information about him.

Apparently the coaches have been on him for quite a while. Very happy to hear about his verbal.

As he develops physically and mentally, could be a great tackle;)

I love this commit -- assuming we hang onto him until he arrives -- for a few reasons.

1. Uncovering home-grown talent early is vital. We're not going to get everyone and obviously we're not building a program on upstate talent but when we have a shot at these kids that may be a bit under the radar and it can really add a nice element to our class. There have been some misses but guys like Will Allen, JR Johnson, Art and Chandler Jones, David Byrd (think he was an upstate kid) -- those guys are really nice gets if you can find them.

2. This is probably how Syracuse finds it's next Adam Terry or Justin Pugh. Maybe Horan stays at TE, which is excellent, but finding really talented kids and being able to turn them into linemen is a good strategy for us since it's going to be really tough for us to land true big-time talent that is already sitting on 6-5, 310.

I love this commit -- assuming we hang onto him until he arrives -- for a few reasons.

1. Uncovering home-grown talent early is vital. We're not going to get everyone and obviously we're not building a program on upstate talent but when we have a shot at these kids that may be a bit under the radar and it can really add a nice element to our class. There have been some misses but guys like Will Allen, JR Johnson, Art and Chandler Jones, David Byrd (think he was an upstate kid) -- those guys are really nice gets if you can find them.

2. This is probably how Syracuse finds it's next Adam Terry or Justin Pugh. Maybe Horan stays at TE, which is excellent, but finding really talented kids and being able to turn them into linemen is a good strategy for us since it's going to be really tough for us to land true big-time talent that is already sitting on 6-5, 310.

Agreed. Sometimes I think it's harder to get local kids - they live in the "Syracuse football sucks" bubble and hear it all the time. I think there is real excitement about Dino forming and we just need some more wins like VaTech to see a consistent rise in attendance - and for the worm to turn a bit.

Already highly rated by the crystal ball sit. I don't know what they're basing it off though, as it is very early, so take it with a grain of sodium.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom