Class of 2018 - TE/DE Gabe Horan (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 TE/DE Gabe Horan (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

-862ad87bd90c33e9.jpg

24 / 31
Charlie Miller | cmiller@syracuse.com
Baldwinsville defeats Corning
Senior tight end Gabe Horan cheers after the Bees goe up 7-0 in the first quarter. Baldwinsville defeated Corning 35-7 to open the season. (Charlie Miller | cmiller@syracuse.com)

Just found out he will be graduating in December, and enrolling in the spring semester.
This is big, as it will allow the staff to give him reps at TE if they choose while also seeing if he's at least capable of putting the initial weight on to work towards being an OT. Whatever the plan is, I just hope he has a set position to begin repping at by his 1st Summer camp so we don't have a repeat of the Kendall Moore position switch/weight gain saga, though I don't expect that from this staff.

I wonder if he's going to play TE or OT. Any guesses?
Based on history, if there is talk of a possible move before the recruit even enrolls, it will likely happen. It might not, people like Kendall Moore come to mind, but odds are good it will. Both are positions of great need, though it looks like we have 2 top notch tackle prospects in the class already...

Some big boys in that photo. Any D-1 interest for the CNS kids?
CNS has quietly had a great season and moved to #1 in the state in the large schools poll.

New York High School Football Rankings - MaxPreps

BC has a verbal from a DB named Tyler Days who is 6'1 185 and reportedly runs a 4.5 40.

Boston College Football: Eagles Land 2018 Defensive Back Tyler Days

I think their best OL is a kid named Lorenzo Thompson, who is 6'6 250. Was 1st team All CNY as a junior last year. Having a big senior season. Rutgers or BC or UConn might take him late, especially if they make noise playing for the state championship. They all seem active recruiting this area.

SU was apparently interested in another DB on the team, Peyton Watts, but grades (there is a thread on this board on him somewhere) have been said to be an issue. Both Watts and Days have accumulated a lot of tackles and looked impressive, but not unbelievable in the one game I watched.

Cicero-North Syracuse High School Football Roster

Last edited:
CNS has quietly had a great season and moved to #1 in the state in the large schools poll.

BC has a verbal from a DB named Tyler Days who is 6'1 185 and reportedly runs a 4.5 40.

I think their best OL is a kid named Lorenzo Thompson, who is 6'6 250. Was 1st team All CNY as a junior last year. Having a big senior season. Rutgers or BC or UConn might take him late, especially if they make noise playing for the state championship. They all seem active recruiting this area.

SU was apparently interested in another DB on the team, Peyton Watts, but grades are apparently an issue. Both Watts and Days have accumulated a lot of tackles and looked impressive, but not unbelievable in the one game I watched.

Lorenzo is the little brother of our LT - a kid who's started every game for us since his second week on campus. Whatever school is lucky enough to get him, will be very glad they did.

SU was apparently interested in another DB on the team, Peyton Watts, but grades (there is a thread on this board on him somewhere) have been said to be an issue. Both Watts and Days have accumulated a lot of tackles and looked impressive, but not unbelievable in the one game I watched.

They passed Troy - unbeaten defending AA champ? sorry just saw Max Preps . My bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom