Class of 2016 - TE/DE Sean McKeon (MA) Verbal to Michigan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE/DE Sean McKeon (MA) Verbal to Michigan

My father took me and my son to the Varsity for lunch on Friday afternoon. We came up for the weekend. I saw Sean with his mom, dad and brother. He is a big kid for a to be Senior in high school. Big arms really stood out. The only reason I didn't speak to him and his family is because I was not sure who he was. Otherwise I would have had my son telling him he needed to come to SU. I also don't want to ever come off as a weirdo considering I don't get back to Syracuse much.

OT - Got to see Ernie Davis statue and IPF. It was a good day.

Last edited:

Ugh. Michigan offers today, and they're already in the top 5.

That's not a good thing.

Always got the feeling he was pretty much a lock for BC anyways.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 2h2 hours ago
TE Sean McKeon listed his Top 5 as Syracuse, BC, Pitt, UVA and Michigan. Wolverines offered today and will get a visit before the decision.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 2h2 hours ago
.@brandonjross_ @ FWIW, UM coaches did visit Shepherd Hill a few weeks ago so they aren't totally new to the picture.

17978183-mmmain.png
Are we still in the big east? The jersey in the background still has the Big East logo on
Well at least it is spelled right

Last edited:
Can't be a bad thing that Sean just started following Robert Washington and Jake Pickard yesterday.
They can share with him the joy that is the spurning of the mighty wolverines!

Know it'd be tough.. but I'd rather lighten the out of conference to feature teams like Iowa/Michigan/Illinois/Minnesota... regional teams of that middle level rather than god damn LSU.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2015/6...ing-3-star-te-mckeon-high-on-cuse-after-visit

Syracuse Orange football lacked in production and is looking to fix that this season as well as in the coming years with the implementation of Tim Lester's new offense.

Part of that plan for Lester is 2016 TE Sean McKeon (Dudley, Mass.),who visited the Orange this past weekend. The 6-foot-5 230 pound McKeon, who holds a 3-star rating from 247Sports, says his recent visit to the hill has vaulted the Orange up his list.

In a phone interview with Stephen Bailey, McKeon raved about his visit and his love for the coaches as well as his fit in Lester's offense. "They always use the tight end on every play to either block and run pass routes," McKeon said. "I think that I'm very good at running routes and can block as well."

McKeon also mentioned that he is not at all phased by the Orange's lack of success last season. "They had a lot of injuries last year, obviously, and they're looking to bring in better quality players," McKeon said.

McKeon currently has a top five of Syracuse, BC, Virginia, Pitt, and Michigan, who joined the party recently as they just offered yesterday. McKeon says that he has yet to visit Virginia or Michigan and would like to visit both schools before making a decision that he would like to be made by the end of June.

Always got the feeling he was pretty much a lock for BC anyways.

BC obv recruits central Mass hard and has been successful there the last few years (including bringing in Chris Lindstrom who is very close to McKeon, from the same HS, and I believe Lindstroms father is the HS coach).

The one thing that could hurt BC, is that I have heard they are recruiting him as a defensive end, while it seems others are trying to bring him in as a TE.

BC obv recruits central Mass hard and has been successful there the last few years (including bringing in Chris Lindstrom who is very close to McKeon, from the same HS, and I believe Lindstroms father is the HS coach).

The one thing that could hurt BC, is that I have heard they are recruiting him as a defensive end, while it seems others are trying to bring him in as a TE.
Yep, I'm really close with Coach Lindstrom as I played for Shepherd Hill back in the day and his son will play a huge role as a BC commit, but I wouldn't make him a BC lock just yet. People in my area really don't really have any college rooting interest so he's starting fresh.

Also BC is an hour away from Dudley so he might want to get a bit further away than that. One thing Coach Lindstrom won't do is force anyone to go somewhere. He's a very honest guy with great values. He played football at BU and had a cup of coffee with the 49ers before he broke his neck so he knows the recruiting game too.

Yep, I'm really close with Coach Lindstrom as I played for Shepherd Hill back in the day and his son will play a huge role as a BC commit, but I wouldn't make him a BC lock just yet. People in my area really don't really have any college rooting interest so he's starting fresh.

Also BC is an hour away from Dudley so he might want to get a bit further away than that. One thing Coach Lindstrom won't do is force anyone to go somewhere. He's a very honest guy with great values. He played football at BU and had a cup of coffee with the 49ers before he broke his neck so he knows the recruiting game too.
Maybe you can just casually hint to your old coach how awesome Syracuse is...ahem.

Maybe you can just casually hint to your old coach how awesome Syracuse is...ahem.
I haven't spoken with him for a few years unfortunately. If I get up there this summer I will but unlikely that I have time before McKeon commits. He knows I went to SU though.

Can't be a bad thing that Sean just started following Robert Washington and Jake Pickard yesterday.

Big what if here, but if things go well with Culpepper next week and we can get a commit, that's got to raise McKeon's eyebrows somewhat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom