Class of 2016 - TE/DE Sean McKeon (MA) Verbal to Michigan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE/DE Sean McKeon (MA) Verbal to Michigan

Big what if here, but if things go well with Culpepper next week and we can get a commit, that's got to raise McKeon's eyebrows somewhat.
If we were to get a commit from Rex, I think that would raise SU's profile with any offensive recruit. That's a whole lot of college football royalty offering RW and Rex.

Is McKeon camping at SU this month? It'd be awfully convenient for him to be on campus next week when Rex is visiting, for example...

I haven't spoken with him for a few years unfortunately. If I get up there this summer I will but unlikely that I have time before McKeon commits. He knows I went to SU though.
There's always email :)

One of those rare instances in which we may win by losing: http://.com/su-misses-on-a-recruit-and-thats-good-news/

McKeon would still be a take for BC. He's a guy that they'd bring in and decide a position later. They like him at TE and DE.

McKeon would still be a take for BC. He's a guy that they'd bring in and decide a position later. They like him at TE and DE.
I'd actually heard they like him a lot at DE. How many TEs does BC have at this point? Two from last class, and now Marten. Feels like whether he still considers them depends on what position he wants to play.

Ya, I totally agree. I don't see BC not taking him because they got another TE recruit. Like you said he could play either side of the ball, and you guys aren't afraid to use multiple TE's

Well BC is just so stock full of talent, how could they possibly turn down guys. It's tough to always get their scraps :(

Well BC is just so stock full of talent, how could they possibly turn down guys. It's tough to always get their scraps :(
I'm not sure I'd call McKeon "scraps." We should be absolutely thrilled if we get him. The kid is a genuine talent.

Obviously, it remains to be seen whether we'll get him. But I think we're in a pretty solid position. Loved his visit last weekend, and he's coming back for camp next weekend. No idea where we fall in his top 5 but he certainly seems to like us.

I'm not sure I'd call McKeon "scraps." We should be absolutely thrilled if we get him. The kid is a genuine talent.

Obviously, it remains to be seen whether we'll get him. But I think we're in a pretty solid position. Loved his visit last weekend, and he's coming back for camp next weekend. No idea where we fall in his top 5 but he certainly seems to like us.

Ya McKeon definitely isn't anyone's scraps. We do really need to get him though. We can't lose 2 of our top TE targets to a rival.

I wonder what happened to Jovani Haskins? I thought there was some mutual interest there?

No, I wasn't calling him scraps. Just got angry at the BC fan for saying they'd still take him and sensing his/her superiority complex, like BC can have their pick before us. McKeon is a stud and we need him. I hate that Addazio is recruiting well. The brown loss still burns!

So looks like McKeon will actually be at camp TOMORROW.

That's two weekends in a row at SU. That can't be a bad thing.

Apparently McKeon moved up his camp so that he could go visit Michigan next weekend.

Ugh.

not all good news

Ya, but just the fact that he is still camping with us is a good sign. Most of the better prospects, that already have an offer, would blow it off without hesitation. imo if he wasn't seriously interested he would have cancelled it.

I really would not object to him deciding to just go ahead and end the suspense at camp tomorrow.

Interesting note in that article, he has decided not to visit Duke. That's potentially pretty big, as I know they were thought to be a player for him.

I'd actually heard they like him a lot at DE. How many TEs does BC have at this point? Two from last class, and now Marten. Feels like whether he still considers them depends on what position he wants to play.
They have Scooter Harrington from CT and now Marten committed. This BC staff really loves versatility. They think both of those guys could play elsewhere as well but I'd be surprised if they aren't TEs. McKeon is in the same mould in terms of that versatility it would appear they want one more of those jumbo athletes types.

McKeon's brother, Brendan, is also attending camp tomorrow. He's a '18 RB. I just watched his HUDL film, just to check him out...he actually looks like he could turn into a solid player. Tough to tell against what is either FR or JV competition, but he's got good speed and some decent shiftiness. Something to keep an eye on, if nothing else.

Yes he is. His dad is also the Shepherd Hill coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom