Class of 2018 - TE Judge Culpepper (FL) Penn St/Transferring to Toledo | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 TE Judge Culpepper (FL) Penn St/Transferring to Toledo

Looks like the , never wrong, Cloudy Ball projection site decided today, that he's Ped state... We'll see. 11 "analysts" pegged him there, today. Gross.

Last edited:
Looks like the , never wrong, Cloudy Ball projection site decided today, that he's Ped state... We'll see. 11 "analysts" pegged him there, today. Gross.
God I hope not. We really need to get a good DT in the 2018 class. I think its one of the most important needs in the class. How do we not have more good DT's in the mix?

Been disappointing in losing kids before. Been disappointed losing recruits to Penn State. Always got over it, but this one would kill me. Then if Monica shows up on a future season of Survivor wearing a Penn State Hat...

image.jpg

Been disappointing in losing kids before. Been disappointed losing recruits to Penn State. Always got over it, but this one would kill me. Then if Monica shows up on a future season of Survivor wearing a Penn State Hat...

image.jpg
After that buy a flat screen.

I cant help to think Judge decision will be based on Rex's future at SU. Do the family feel Rex is in line to replace Dungey? If not, will he stay or transfer?
I was thinking the same thing. When Rex committed, didn't his dad pretty much say where Rex goes, Judge goes? I may be remembering incorrectly.

I cant help to think Judge decision will be based on Rex's future at SU. Do the family feel Rex is in line to replace Dungey? If not, will he stay or transfer?

Have always thought the same thing and sadly, part of me thinks the culpeppers believe RC might be being recruited over with TD and some of some of the studs we are looking at for 18. Hey, i get it, its p5 fb, the most important position in the sport. Its a fine line betweem..." ok, bring in the best and may the best man win" vs " this staff doesn't believe in me and i am not getting a fair look".

Have always thought the same thing and sadly, part of me thinks the culpeppers believe RC might be being recruited over with TD and some of some of the studs we are looking at for 18. Hey, i get it, its p5 fb, the most important position in the sport. Its a fine line betweem..." ok, bring in the best and may the best man win" vs " this staff doesn't believe in me and i am not getting a fair look".
Good point, and I wonder about the same thing. That said, if the brothers really want to be teammates, at least in the near term, there is only one destination where that can happen. I am pulling for Rex to move up the depth chart, and I think his future will become more clear as preseason camp unfolds.

The same thought occurred to me a while back, but then I saw a piece, don't remember where, at the end of spring ball, where a question similar to this was posed i.e. was he discouraged where he was on the depth chart, or something to that effect. As I recall, he responded that he was focused on getting better and contributing and that he really liked being a part of Syracuse, or words to that effect. Anyone else remember this?

Good point, and I wonder about the same thing. That said, if the brothers really want to be teammates, at least in the near term, there is only one destination where that can happen. I am pulling for Rex to move up the depth chart, and I think his future will become more clear as preseason camp unfolds.
THIS!!!!!! I think this summer is going to be a very telling one for Rex's future here at Syracuse, and for his life in general. If TD jumps him then I expect you'd see him elsewhere.

The same thought occurred to me a while back, but then I saw a piece, don't remember where, at the end of spring ball, where a question similar to this was posed i.e. was he discouraged where he was on the depth chart, or something to that effect. As I recall, he responded that he was focused on getting better and contributing and that he really liked being a part of Syracuse, or words to that effect. Anyone else remember this?
This?

Syracuse football QB Rex Culpepper embracing development; 'I'm just learning'

I don't believe this for a second. The family understands the business. All you can ask for is an equal opportunity to compete and he's been given that. No matter what school he goes to the coaches will be trying to recruit better players.

Imho, they value the Syracuse education (which is why he's here to begin with) and it carries a lot of weight compared to being the starting QB at Bethune-Cookman.

Scoop Bradshaw (the player to be named later) has earned himself the starting CB gig going into preseason camp so...it's what you make of your own opportunities.

I don't believe this for a second. The family understands the business. All you can ask for is an equal opportunity to compete and he's been given that. No matter what school he goes to the coaches will be trying to recruit better players.

Imho, they value the Syracuse education and it carries a lot of weight compared to being the starting QB at Bethune-Cookman.

I agree, good points and i hope you are right. However, we are talking about the qb position here, the most coveted, important, and impactful position in all of sports! Some programs DO downshift the recruiting when they know they already have a couple qb studs in house. Also, judge is coming in at a position of need and his experience might be far different from rex's. Just hope the family and all are happy, they both will make the program better:)

Imho, they value the Syracuse education (which is why he's here to begin with) and it carries a lot of weight compared to being the starting QB at Bethune-Cookman.

Scoop Bradshaw (the player to be named later) has earned himself the starting CB gig going into preseason camp so...it's what you make of your own opportunities.
Of the limited video of these two friends, I was more impressed with Scoop. Hoping Rex stays.

I agree, good points and i hope you are right. However, we are talking about the qb position here, the most coveted, important, and impactful position in all of sports! Some programs DO downshift the recruiting when they know they already have a couple qb studs in house. Also, judge is coming in at a position of need and his experience might be far different from rex's. Just hope the family and all are happy, they both will make the program better:)

Some schools do? I've never seen that before. Which ones? Surely not schools who are on top.

Rex came in with Dungey already in front of him. DeVito followed Rex. Let's say Levis signs on. Does that mean we are recruiting over DeVito? (Levis is going to end up with better offers than DeVito).

You should mostly recruit a QB every year and too many variables and kids who don't pan out to take a season off. Let the kids decide the pecking order. The ones who transfer out after getting beat usually do not impact at their new schools either.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom