Class of 2020 - TE Steven Mahar (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (7/28/19) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 TE Steven Mahar (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (7/28/19)

I know, it's only rock and roll college football, but I like it!

I have said this before but will say it again. The key that led to the resurgence of the program under Mac was his ability to recruit a lot of tall guys who were athletic and could run. In the early days, he didn’t recruit ready made OL, DL, TEs. He recruited tall, relatively thin guys who had high ceilings and developed them into football players.

Dino is doing exactly the same thing.

Excited about Steven. He could be our first really good TE, someone who can catch, run and block, in a long time. He has work to do but he has the talent to be great someday.

I have said this before but will say it again. The key that led to the resurgence of the program under Mac was his ability to recruit a lot of tall guys who were athletic and could run. In the early days, he didn’t recruit ready made OL, DL, TEs. He recruited tall, relatively thin guys who had high ceilings and developed them into football players.

Dino is doing exactly the same thing.

Excited about Steven. He could be our first really good TE, someone who can catch, run and block, in a long time. He has work to do but he has the talent to be great someday.
By the time Marrone got here it was striking how small the team was.

By the time Marrone got here it was striking how small the team was.
My buddy and I talked about it all the time during our downfall. Our athletes were all 1-2 inches shorter and 10-15 lbs smaller and a step slower than our opposition and what they should have been to win at the ACC level. Multiply that by 85 players and you're already trying to play catch up before you even take the field. At the very least we look and run like an ACC team now.

After Mahar remarked that Syracuse was slightly late to the party with an offer, the Orange coaching staff took it personally and ramped up their efforts to get his verbal commitment.

"I was feeling the love from the start from Syracuse, I know I said some things that could have come off negative, but I really built a great relationship with Coach Lusting, Coach Babers and the entire Syracuse football community," Mahar said.

Came off negative? Wonder what gave him that feeling? lol

Great addition... now add Gowdy Meiga and or Kentron (I know I'm wishful thinking) but this could be the most firepower on offense in quite some time..

Great addition... now add Gowdy Meiga and or Kentron (I know I'm wishful thinking) but this could be the most firepower on offense in quite some time..

I'll take 2 out of 3.

After Mahar remarked that Syracuse was slightly late to the party with an offer, the Orange coaching staff took it personally and ramped up their efforts to get his verbal commitment.

"I was feeling the love from the start from Syracuse, I know I said some things that could have come off negative, but I really built a great relationship with Coach Lusting, Coach Babers and the entire Syracuse football community," Mahar said.

Bygones

Glad to hear the coaches were not offended by the early comments, to the contrary. We may not have grabbed this commit otherwise. Great get.

I have a feeling he's not coming here to be converted into a full-time blocker.
Sold him on TE being used in this offense? History does not necessarily reflect that though would love a prominent, seem splitting TE to actually see more action in the future.

Sold him on TE being used in this offense? History does not necessarily reflect that though would love a prominent, seem splitting TE to actually see more action in the future.
They could put him outside.

You should read the Democrat and Chronicle article and also consider who recruited him.

Dude, you need to read the article.
So I hear you but if this guy is a 4.9 guy I just find it hard to believe they will split him out wide whatever was printed or not(I read the article). All good man. Remember they told Stritz he would be playing RB and less than 1 season went to DB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom