Team is probably a bit better than we give it credit | Syracusefan.com

Team is probably a bit better than we give it credit

jgeorge322

Living Legend
I know we arent great. We dont have zone personnel. We get pushed around. But the offense is actually a good watch compared to the last 4 years or so. Better team ball. Were going to get hot one game and beat a really good team, then probably lose to a much lesser opponent. Ive started to watch a few more games of other teams and not a lot of really good teams out there, or at least teams that we can’t compete with. If we played better defense and could rebound, we’d be a top 25 team.

Joe Girard’s poise is really impressive for a fresman. He and buddy will be quite the backcourt the next two years. We really just need to develop an inside presence. How come we havent been able to land a highly rated big guy? Every team weve played this year is better than we are at center.

Im not ruling out a ncaat bid yet.

Last edited:
Agree it is a fun style compared to previous years. Resigned to hovering around 500. Hope I'm wrong.

I know we arent great. We dont have zone personnel. We get pushed around. But the offense is actually a good watch compared to the last 4 years or so. Better team ball. Were going to get hot one game and beat a really good team, then probably lose to a much lesser opponent. Ive started to watch a few more games of other teams and not a lot of really good teams out there, or at least teams that we can’t compete with. If we played better defense and could rebound, we’d be a top 25 team.

Joe Girard’s poise is really impressive for a fresman. He and buddy will be quite the backcourt the next two years. We really just need to develop an inside presence. How come we havent been able to land a highly rated big guy? Every team weve played this year is better than we are at center.

Agreed.

We beat North Florida despite one of the most impressive offensive performances you could possibly witness.

They assisted on 19 of 22 field goals, made 75% of their free throws, and 37% from three. The difference was turnovers. That team is outstanding.

This is what we asked for.

Gone are the days of winning or losing 55-50. If we lose we’ll still score 70.

we’ll have some good wins because we’ll get hot from 3.

love JG3. And he’s here for 4years

I never asked for this!!!!

Maybe IS is the one that made the wrong decision. If he came to SU, this team would be lethal, as in winning it all lethal. At UW, not so much.
If IS was on Syracuse, he would be plastered all over the ACC network and be lauded in the NYC media which would have seriously upped his draft spot and subsequent contract. Going to a college basketball back water has cost him major money.

Kids living with a lot of regret.

Was that on the ACC network? Not. Do you think UW has a chance at a deep run in the Tourney? Not. He doesn't know what it's costing him.

Was that on the ACC network? Not. Do you think UW has a chance at a deep run in the Tourney? Not. He doesn't know what it's costing him.

Who cares if it was on the ACC Netwok? Has nothing to do with regret.

Why doesn’t UW have a chance at a deep run?

What is it costing him? He’s a sure fire lottery pick that looks like he’s having a blast playing basketball on a nationally ranked team.

I had completely forgotten about IS. And if he hadnt gone to where a former SU player/coach was at his name wouldnt even be mentioned on this board. But the NBA will find him

We talk about guys we lost to the Bonnie’s.

I had completely forgotten about IS. And if he hadnt gone to where a former SU player/coach was at his name wouldnt even be mentioned on this board. But the NBA will find him
The NBA will find him for sure, but publicity equals mo money, mo money, mo money. That is what Syracuse should use on the recruiting trail when they are after a 5 star.

The NBA will find him for sure, but publicity equals mo money, mo money, mo money. That is what Syracuse should use on the recruiting trail when they are after a 5 star.

3 players from the ACC projected 20 top picks in this years draft. Tells me there are 17 dummies who don’t care about the draft.

noticing some signs of improvement.

guerrier brought a lot of energy...he's gotta be like a kenneth faried ben wallace type...and he will make a huge impact. someone get him tapes on kenneth faried. dennis rodman. montrzl harrell etc

the next level for the offense...is quicker ball movement. they are getting a of assists which is awesome compared to the last 6 years...

but with 3 deadly 3 point shooters...rapid passing is there on every possession...which will lead to WIDE OPEN LOOKS...a la villanova and uva (ahem natty winners) ...the first possession of the game was textbook...do that more.

problem is players are not aware of where their teammates are so they stop and look then pass..letting the window close. perhaps some orchestrated ball movement patterns could be employed. JG3 isnt a point gaurd and definitely do not want to hurry passing and turn it over...for sure...but he misses some looks out of an abundance of caution. which is good. better than turnoevers. but there is room there for improvement and more assists on offense with quicker passing, imo.

running things through marek is good. he needs to be forced into aggression. like the time buddy told him to turn around and go in the paint...shouldn't have to happen. he needs a fire lit under his offensive game.

Who cares if it was on the ACC Netwok? Has nothing to do with regret.

Why doesn’t UW have a chance at a deep run?

What is it costing him? He’s a sure fire lottery pick that looks like he’s having a blast playing basketball on a nationally ranked team.
Sure fire lottery pick? First round I'm in lottery....eh

It would have been huge to land Isaiah Jackson. That was a big loss. Edwards and Marek need to make concerted efforts to bulk up in the off season. Maybe we go for a JUCO or grand transfer big man in the spring?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom