Team is probably a bit better than we give it credit | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Team is probably a bit better than we give it credit

Was that on the ACC network? Not. Do you think UW has a chance at a deep run in the Tourney? Not. He doesn't know what it's costing him.
the game was on the pac 12 network, why do you think the acc network is so special lol.. it isn't. His draft stock wouldn't be any higher if he was here and washington is a legit top 25 team who would beat the brakes off syracuse. They'll be at least a 5 seed and win a few tournament games.

IS may not be a lottery pick, but that has nothing to do with which school he chose. Scouts have already assessed his ‘lack of elite athleticism.’ He’s almost in the same mold as the other ‘big time’ center we recently didn’t get—the kid who went to Indiana.

The NBA will find him for sure, but publicity equals mo money, mo money, mo money. That is what Syracuse should use on the recruiting trail when they are after a 5 star.
NYC media would not be paying much attention to him or anyone else outside the area unless they come to town for a game. And maybe not even then.

Any great player will be spotted and valued by the NBA regardless of where he's playing.
Money largely will be a function of his perceived talent and his agent's work.
Headlines won't matter much.

IS may not be a lottery pick, but that has nothing to do with which school he chose. Scouts have already assessed his ‘lack of elite athleticism.’ He’s almost in the same mold as the other ‘big time’ center we recently didn’t get—the kid who went to Indiana.

Bryant is making things happen. 3 year 25 mil deal. Hey at least we got Chinoso out of the deal.

The NBA will find him for sure, but publicity equals mo money, mo money, mo money. That is what Syracuse should use on the recruiting trail when they are after a 5 star.
Jimmy dont tout.

Bryant is making things happen. 3 year 25 mil deal. Hey at least we got Chinoso out of the deal.

Chino went where after he left? That was a good pick up.

Buddy and JG3 are a terrible combo for defense at the top of the zone IMO.

And they are here for 3 years - and neither is going to get once iota quicker or more athletic - I like them - but they be on the court at the same time as least as possible

And they are here for 3 years - and neither is going to get once iota quicker or more athletic - I like them - but they be on the court at the same time as least as possible

joe is quick and athletic enough but wont grow any longer. Buddy, hopefully, can improve athletically a bit.

joe is quick and athletic enough but wont grow any longer. Buddy, hopefully, can improve athletically a bit.
JG3 is not tall and not a great leaper a lot on the made 3s yesterday was on his side including a 4pt play where he fouled the shooter.

Shooters are not worried about JG3 effecting there shot, Buddy's standing reach is probably about a foot higher.

There’s a really odd scheduling anomaly this year. We complete 3 home and homes in our first 8 league games. Not sure if that’s good or bad.

I fear our motion offense is not going to be anywhere near as effective in the rest of our games as it has been against the non conference cupcakes or Ga Tech.

The back court simply can’t beat anyone off the bounce and can’t defend good shooters. It’s a bad combination.

Maybe IS is the one that made the wrong decision. If he came to SU, this team would be lethal, as in winning it all lethal. At UW, not so much.
Lol. Wow. People post some crazy stuff on this board, but this may be an all-timer.

Stewart on this team makes it competitive. We still have a Mac-level back court with no depth.

There’s a really odd scheduling anomaly this year. We complete 3 home and homes in our first 8 league games. Not sure if that’s good or bad.

I fear our motion offense is not going to be anywhere near as effective in the rest of our games as it has been against the non conference cupcakes or Ga Tech.

The back court simply can’t beat anyone off the bounce and can’t defend good shooters. It’s a bad combination.

Couldn't agree more Jake, I think people are setting themselves up for a big letdown when we get to ACC play. The backcourt is going to struggle immensely especially defensively and Sidibe has regressed if that is somehow possible. Hard to win in this league with no center and major question Mark's at the guard spots.

Lol. Wow. People post some crazy stuff on this board, but this may be an all-timer.

Stewart on this team makes it competitive. We still have a Mac-level back court with no depth.
Now Joe and Buddy are Mac level talent?

I know we arent great. We dont have zone personnel. We get pushed around. But the offense is actually a good watch compared to the last 4 years or so. Better team ball. Were going to get hot one game and beat a really good team, then probably lose to a much lesser opponent. Ive started to watch a few more games of other teams and not a lot of really good teams out there, or at least teams that we can’t compete with. If we played better defense and could rebound, we’d be a top 25 team.

Joe Girard’s poise is really impressive for a fresman. He and buddy will be quite the backcourt the next two years. We really just need to develop an inside presence. How come we havent been able to land a highly rated big guy? Every team weve played this year is better than we are at center.

Im not ruling out a ncaat bid yet.

I love Orange-colored glasses. I own a pair and use them out in the world full of rival fans.

But on this board, I keep them off. Because we all love Cuse.

So with that said, this team is not good. We needed to pull away against two “meh” teams traveling from far away to the Dome.

We don’t have a PG (other than Washington) and we are empty at the 5. We can’t rebound. We have one guy who can create off the dribble.

This is going to get ugly. And it sucks. Hope Boeheim recommits to building the program versus being the assumptive emperor running it...by chiding his players.

Last edited:
I know we arent great. We dont have zone personnel. We get pushed around. But the offense is actually a good watch compared to the last 4 years or so. Better team ball. Were going to get hot one game and beat a really good team, then probably lose to a much lesser opponent. Ive started to watch a few more games of other teams and not a lot of really good teams out there, or at least teams that we can’t compete with. If we played better defense and could rebound, we’d be a top 25 team.

Joe Girard’s poise is really impressive for a fresman. He and buddy will be quite the backcourt the next two years. We really just need to develop an inside presence. How come we havent been able to land a highly rated big guy? Every team weve played this year is better than we are at center.

Im not ruling out a ncaat bid yet.

Just stop. You and everyone else knows that this team will not sniff post season play. Develop an inside presence? We need to win a recruiting battle for top 100 center first. JB still needs to go

If IS was on Syracuse, he would be plastered all over the ACC network and be lauded in the NYC media which would have seriously upped his draft spot and subsequent contract. Going to a college basketball back water has cost him major money.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

The kid who went to Indiana is averaging 13.9 / 8.5 on 54.9% shooting from the field on the Wizards. He's become a much better pro than I expected.

Stewart reminds me more of Rak Christmas than Bryant to be honest. He's a bit undersized for a center at the next level and he often plays 'below the rim', but he's got a lot of skill, very nice touch around the basket, and a great motor. I'd be surprised if he isn't a lottery pick (maybe 11-14 range) but I also don't see him as having a super high ceiling in the NBA.

Crazy to see those stats, but when's the last time we ran offensive sets for our big in the post on a consistent basis? I can't imagine him putting up 18 ppg at the Cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom