Teams I wouldn't mind seeing winning it all | Syracusefan.com

Teams I wouldn't mind seeing winning it all

Eric15

Living Legend
5 Teams I wouldn't mind seeing win it all:
1. Providence -- I could see them getting bounced in a 5/12 game, but I'm pulling hard for them to go to the Final Four. I really like Ed Cooley and they have pretty much never had a great team in my lifetime. A very good friend of mine is a huge Friar fan and his wife passed from cancer last month so they're a sentimental favorite for me.
2. Gonzaga -- I know Mark Few is a highly irresponsible driver, but I would be fine seeing him get his title. He's a great coach.
3. Purdue -- They have great fans and haven't been to the Final Four in my lifetime. One of the very few Big Ten teams I don't hate.
4. Saint Mary's -- Total outsider. Long shot. But they have a rock solid program and are always under the radar. Could be a darkhorse Final Four contender as a 6ish seed.
5. Texas Tech -- Some new blood. Have never really won anything of note in football or basketball.

5 Teams I don't want to see win it all:
1. UConn -- I will inject myself with bleach if they win a 5th title before our 2nd.
2. Duke -- Don't want to see Coach K go out on top.
3. Kentucky -- Calipari. Enough said.
4. Villanova -- Don't want Jay Wright's legacy to improve even more.
5. Michigan State -- I feel like Boeheim/Izzo are pretty close in the all-time coaching rankings, don't want Izzo to get this one-up on him.

100 pct agreement. A good buddy of mine is a Providence grad. I don't think they do it. That said tossed some money at then at +10k anyways back in Feb. They defend, rebounding and have guys who can score off the bounce.

Iowa. Arizona. Two teams that under the right circumstances can win it all. And I guess Gonzaga. Will probably pick Zags or Arizona in my brackets.

Iowa. Arizona. Two teams that under the right circumstances can win it all. And I guess Gonzaga. Will probably pick Zags or Arizona in my brackets.
Zona winning its bad for Cuse imo. Poor mans Louisville.

No blue bloods. No “next tier” (Mich State, Zona, etc.). No ACC. No Big East(except harmless Providence). No shady SEC programs. No teams with coaches that are always on the court in the middle of play. No teams who center their defensive strategy around taking a charge.

I hope they lower the backboard and hoist Sister Jean's chair up so she can cut the net. If not, I just want a first time coach or team to win. Preferably one that is not shady.

Not P.C. for me. Their fans have got a little ahead of themselves. They haven't made the second weekend in about 20 years and they act like they have passed us. One of their posters came here and said Cooley wouldn't come here. A lateral move. Now, Cooley might well love P.C., but it wouldn't be a lateral move. Until he advances in a tournament , I'll hold off on wanting him as our next coach.

Not P.C. for me. Their fans have got a little ahead of themselves. They haven't made the second weekend in about 20 years and they act like they have passed us. One of their posters came here and said Cooley wouldn't come here. A lateral move. Now, Cooley might well love P.C., but it wouldn't be a lateral move. Until he advances in a tournament , I'll hold off on wanting him as our next coach.
See, I can’t even take them seriously enough to get mad at that. I think we beat them like 93% of the time we played them. Yes, 93.

Texas Tech because I have a couple hundred on them 50/1 and Kentucky because Calipari go UMass.

Also anyone but Dook

5 Teams I wouldn't mind seeing win it all:
1. Providence -- I could see them getting bounced in a 5/12 game, but I'm pulling hard for them to go to the Final Four. I really like Ed Cooley and they have pretty much never had a great team in my lifetime. A very good friend of mine is a huge Friar fan and his wife passed from cancer last month so they're a sentimental favorite for me.
2. Gonzaga -- I know Mark Few is a highly irresponsible driver, but I would be fine seeing him get his title. He's a great coach.
3. Purdue -- They have great fans and haven't been to the Final Four in my lifetime. One of the very few Big Ten teams I don't hate.
4. Saint Mary's -- Total outsider. Long shot. But they have a rock solid program and are always under the radar. Could be a darkhorse Final Four contender as a 6ish seed.
5. Texas Tech -- Some new blood. Have never really won anything of note in football or basketball.

5 Teams I don't want to see win it all:
1. UConn -- I will inject myself with bleach if they win a 5th title before our 2nd.
2. Duke -- Don't want to see Coach K go out on top.
3. Kentucky -- Calipari. Enough said.
4. Villanova -- Don't want Jay Wright's legacy to improve even more.
5. Michigan State -- I feel like Boeheim/Izzo are pretty close in the all-time coaching rankings, don't want Izzo to get this one-up on him.
Ah, Gonzaga and Purdue, two of my all time worst bracket busters, Pitt being the third.

Bryant

But it ain’t happening

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom