Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft

Sorry guys. I have to catch up later. But, inspired by OrangePace, I found my 117 page journal from backpacking in '95.
June 7th - July 20th, roughly 6 weeks. So very glad I followed through with writing it.

Small excerpt I just wanted to share and this is the G version of the journal . I was 21 at the time, and couldn't muster up the courage to do similar since. This is called "canyoning":
"From repelling, to jumping off small cliffs, to diving into treacherous rapids, it was all intense. Got back to the hostel and drank beer from six til one in the morning."
Interlaken, Switzerland.

800px-Europe_Pictures_001.jpg

My updated team​
QB -QB Bills QB/BUF
HB - Neal Anderson RB/CHI
HB - Johnny Johnson RB/PHX
WR - Jerry Rice WR/SF
WR - Henry Ellard WR/Rams
WR/TE flex - Stephen Baker WR/NYG
DL -Chris Doleman DE/MIN
DL -
LB - Jerome Brown LB/PHI
LB - Dennis Byrd LB/Jets
DL/DE Flex
K-

Round 9, DigaBills selects Jay Novacek TE/Cowboys

12229.png

When I played with the Cowboys (yes a Bills fan playing with the Cowboys) my favorite target was Jay Novacek. At this point in the draft I figured he was a bit better value than the undrafted WRs.

I really liked the Jerry Ball pick. One of the few DTs I would play with. Great pick.

If the rest of the board finds out Art Monk wasn't the 1st overall pick in our draft there will be threads saying we aren't real Syracuse fans. Someone manipulate the first page to say he was drafted before the draft even began or something.

oh that one hurts- as a cowboys fan and one of my favorite targets in the game..nice pick

Round 9 - Derrick Thomas Corpses select . . . Pierce Holt, DE San Fran

Kind of a mini-steal I think at this point in the game. Happy to have him aboard.
As you can tell by my early selection of Smith and White, I was the rare user of DLs. SF had great defensive players in Haley, Lott and Holt. Definitely controlled him as much as I did anyone on SF. Good pick.

As you can tell by my early selection of Smith and White, I was the rare user of DLs. SF had great defensive players in Haley, Lott and Holt. Definitely controlled him as much as I did anyone on SF. Good pick.

No doubt you have the best D Line in the draft.

Round 9 - Derrick Thomas Corpses select . . . Pierce Holt, DE San Fran

Kind of a mini-steal I think at this point in the game. Happy to have him aboard.

I thought about him earlier in the draft but for the life of me couldn't remember if he was really good or just above average. I didn't play as SF often and when I did I was Haley, or Lott on defense.

I really dont know what Jacob Green's stats are but I give you credit for drafting him simply because I totally forgot he existed.
He was a monster with speed. At this point now, I'm struggling to go for either a defensive anchor with strength or another fast lineman. I need to bulk up, but we'll see.

I really dont know what Jacob Green's stats are but I give you credit for drafting him simply because I totally forgot he existed.

He's one of the fastest DE's in the game that I thought I was the only one to know about. Not a huge hitter but you're not looking for FF's with him, just TFL's by the handful.

I thought about him earlier in the draft but for the life of me couldn't remember if he was really good or just above average. I didn't play as SF often and when I did I was Haley, or Lott on defense.

The further down in the draft we go the more I have to guess at people's stats.

My guess for Holt is 50 speed and 69 hitting power.

Was gonna say, he's a bruiser more than a speedster but 50 speed @ DE is plenty as well. I think Green is a 63 speed and 50 hitting or along those lines. What was Bruce Smith 69 speed and 63 hitting?

Holt was a nightmare. In tecmo, since most used Lott or Haley, this guy would get many coverage sacks, get in on the RB in the backfield and just burn his man. But yeah, as IO points out, my philosophy was chasing ball carriers down and you get plenty of penetration when you have speedy DEs and LBs in there. Giants, Bills, SF are good examples.

Was gonna say, he's a bruiser more than a speedster but 50 speed @ DE is plenty as well. I think Green is a 63 speed and 50 hitting or along those lines. What was Bruce Smith 69 speed and 63 hitting?

I would guess 69 speed and 75 hitting power for Smith. Just a guess though, I was hardly ever Buffao. I do remember him being by far the best DE on the game though.

I would guess 69 speed and 75 hitting power. Just a guess though, I was hardly ever Buffao. I do remember him being by far the best DE on the game though.
I think you might be even closer. Both Green and Smith were hard hitters, but Green, maybe not as strong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom