Tell me again why Patterson hasn't played this year | Syracusefan.com

Tell me again why Patterson hasn't played this year

Orangefan1

All Conference
Makes two three pointers in four minutes and plays defense. If he transfers its all Boeheims fault. Ridiculous that he hasn't played.

His defensive positioning wasn't stellar and he's got a high, jittery looking dribble that you wouldn't want to rely on as a second ball handler just yet. Good news is he's a frosh and not going anywhere. I also liked bj's intensity when he was in but all frosh are not made with the immediate composure of Tyler Ennis.

I promised the chat room I would post this in the first such thread
aw jeez not this again.jpg

His defensive positioning wasn't stellar and he's got a high, jittery looking dribble that you wouldn't want to rely on as a second ball handler just yet. Good news is he's a frosh and not going anywhere. I also liked bj's intensity when he was in but all frosh are not made with the immediate composure of Tyler Ennis Patterson.

Fixed.

Too bad we don't have knee jerk fans coaching instead of our HOF coach who's won close to 950 games.

Imagine how much more successful we'd be.
Is Jim Boeheim not the reason Buss doesn't play?

Unless theres some other person who decides the lineup that I'm unaware of.

I was giving the literal answer.

ImperialOrange said:
His defensive positioning wasn't stellar and he's got a high, jittery looking dribble that you wouldn't want to rely on as a second ball handler just yet. Good news is he's a frosh and not going anywhere. I also liked bj's intensity when he was in but all frosh are not made with the immediate composure of Tyler Ennis.

I honestly don't see Buss getting much pt here. No disrespect to him but Cooney's in front for the next two years, KJ may get time there if Ennis stays and Richardson coming soon. Doesn't include Silent G or if BJ plays some time at the two. Lots of depth there.

More relevant is the playing time that Roberson got. I thought we would never see him again after his poor showing against GT. Was pretty decent but still lacking strength to finish in traffic. I'm sure the strength and conditioning coach will address that in the off season.

It's because he hasn't been given an opportunity to play. Its pretty obvious the kid knows how to play and with the abysmal shooting our guards have had there is little argument that the kid should of been playing in some games.

Is Jim Boeheim not the reason Buss doesn't play?

Unless theres some other person who decides the lineup that I'm unaware of.

I was giving the literal answer.
No, actually Patterson is the reason himself why he doesn't play. For the umpteenth time, if you play well in practice you'll get a chance to show what you've got in game time.

Time to take this thread on a turn for the worst.

I'd like to see Buss get 10 minutes a game at the 2 next year out of conference. Cooney's epic fall out in conference play has only strengthened the fact that he's inconsistent at best.

Ennis likely is not staying. Grant maybe, but I think Ennis is going pro, as he should given his draft projection.

No, actually Patterson is the reason himself why he doesn't play. For the umpteenth time, if you play well in practice you'll get a chance to show what you've got in game time.
Who decides who looks well in practice.

Who literally puts you in the game

More relevant is the playing time that Roberson got. I thought we would never see him again after his poor showing against GT. Was pretty decent but still lacking strength to finish in traffic. I'm sure the strength and conditioning coach will address that in the off season.
Agree and also he looked unsure of himself at times. Not scared but unsure particularly on defense.
Next year he'll be getting considerable time on the court. How much depends on whether Grant stays and if McC proves to be the stud everyone thinks he is.

It's because he hasn't been given an opportunity to play. Its pretty obvious the kid knows how to play and with the abysmal shooting our guards have had there is little argument that the kid should of been playing in some games.
So, you want to give a freshman, who hasn't played most of the year, significant minutes in a one and done tournament? Is that what you are saying? Oooooooooooooooooookay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom