Tell me again why Patterson hasn't played this year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tell me again why Patterson hasn't played this year

I'm so excited for this thread! Popcorn is ready!
imgres

Too bad we don't have knee jerk fans coaching instead of our HOF coach who's won close to 950 games.

Imagine how much more successful we'd be.

Everyone has their flaws and should work on them. That's how you go from really great to legend ...in any profession.

I think JB's has something to do with fearing uncertainty of a very specific variety and maybe a touch of insecurity that leads to some bad decisions and tendencies. The guy is amazing, we are blessed. But no one is perfect.

I do wish we saw him more, I was most impressed by him in Canada.

However, my statement isn't based on anything he did today, nor is he transferring. Did you see him? He was having a blast with his teammates. I bet he'll be one of my favorites.

Everyone has their flaws and should work on them. That's how you go from really great to legend ...in any profession.

I think JB's has something to do with fearing uncertainty of a very specific variety and maybe a touch of insecurity that leads to some bad decisions and tendencies. The guy is amazing, we are blessed. But no one is perfect.

JB's already a legend.

He didn't get to be an all time great coach by catering to the knee jerk reactions of fans who don't have a clue what the hell they're talking about.

Him not being perfect is an irrelevant straw man.

Everyone played well in there own way tonight!

Frankly I'll even say I was impressed with BJ's awareness on the boards, got 2 nice rebounds.

So somebody comes in, in complete garbage time, against the other team's walk ons and hits a couple. And you take this performance, again, in GARBAGE time, to declare Patterson a rotation player. Wow...just wow.

People, please.

Orangefan1 has handed out towels to actual minor league baseball players.

How in the world can you doubt his basketball bona fides and hoops IQ?

JB's already a legend.

He didn't get to be an all time great coach by catering to the knee jerk reactions of fans who don't have a clue what the hell they're talking about.

People on here defend JB like he's their left leg. I love it.

I appreciate and am thankful for him

Look, I'm not a close personal friend of JAB, but I play one in an Internet forum. I asked my dear friend why he hasn't played Patterson more this season and his specific, no shite answer was "because you stupid ass Internet guys think I should." I couldn't argue with him. Our collective IQ is pretty low. Threads like this only prove his point.

Orangefan1 said:
It's because he hasn't been given an opportunity to play. Its pretty obvious the kid knows how to play and with the abysmal shooting our guards have had there is little argument that the kid should of been playing in some games.

Let me help you: our coaches don't think he's ready. That's the end of the argument.

God I hope jerami stays

People on here defend JB like he's their left leg. I love it.

I appreciate and am thankful for him

He doesn't need anybody to defend him. He doesn't care less what anybody thinks, let alone fans, or how they'd coach the team differently.

He doesn't need anybody to defend him. He doesn't care less what anybody thinks, let alone fans, or how they'd coach the team differently.

Why people go out of the way then to twist my words then is beyond me!

Until we go undefeated every season Boeheim can get better as a coach

JB's already a legend.

Clearly he's amazing. But even the best at what they do can be questioned for mistakes. Warren buffet underperformed his five year numbers and he gets questioned and admits mistakes. That's part if being great

Is Jim Boeheim not the reason Buss doesn't play?

Unless theres some other person who decides the lineup that I'm unaware of.

I was giving the literal answer.
No, Buss is the reason Buss doesn't play.

No, Buss is the reason Buss doesn't play.

Buss draws up the lineup?

Again: I don't think Buss should be playing right now. I'm just stating the obvious.

Cooney hasnt played so well that he's a lock for the next two years. If Patterson wants to play he needs to be defensive ball hawk and hit more 3s than Cooney. But it starts with defense. Jb will favor defense first. Then smarts, don't be careless, don't make silly mistakes, don't turn the ball over.

However when Cooney hits 14-17 in practice what is a coach to do ? Play the kid who makes a 1/3 of that in practice?

Buss draws up the lineup?

Again: I don't think Buss should be playing right now. I'm just stating the obvious.

Look, Captain Obvious, everyone knows who makes up the lineup. Also, everyone knows (except maybe you), that those decisions are based on the players' performance in games and practice. Thus the players are at least a factor in who plays and who doesn't.

I love when people twist my words on this board. No I don't think he should get twenty minutes in a tournament game, but what I do see in the four minutes of the game is someone who can actually shoot the damn ball. It may have helped out ten games ago if Boeheim actually played him a little and we could of had a fourth option at guard.

Did you also see him in earlier games this year when he jerked up multiple shots and didn't come near the basket?

Look, Captain Obvious, everyone knows who makes up the lineup. Also, everyone knows (except maybe you), that those decisions are based on the players' performance in games and practice. Thus the players are at least a factor in who plays and who doesn't.
Never said the players didn't have to earn the ability to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom