Tell me again why Patterson hasn't played this year | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Tell me again why Patterson hasn't played this year

Am I the only one who genuinely doesn't see Patterson getting meaningful minutes until maybe his senior year? (a la James Southerland). With Cooney and G for two more years, plus KJ, Malachi, and potentially TE for one more, I just don't see it.

I could easily see him getting some run. Especially if he defends and provides us with another legitimate three point weapon in the arsenal. In fact, I'd expect to see an expanded role for him next year, playing ahead of Gbinije at the 2, which frees Silent G up to focus on backing up the 1 and 3.

Am I the only one who genuinely doesn't see Patterson getting meaningful minutes until maybe his senior year? (a la James Southerland). With Cooney and G for two more years, plus KJ, Malachi, and potentially TE for one more, I just don't see it.

I said this almost verbatim earlier in the thread. It's going to be hard for him to get them, like somebody earlier said (think it was RF) he could pass G on the depth chart, but even then he has Cooney for 2 years after this one and Richardson waiting in the wings. It's going to be tough.

More relevant is the playing time that Roberson got. I thought we would never see him again after his poor showing against GT. Was pretty decent but still lacking strength to finish in traffic. I'm sure the strength and conditioning coach will address that in the off season.

Kids' got major lift on him too. He takes OR's away from ppl in front of him by going over the top.

Roberson is uncertain on defense. He steps up to the wing, when the guard has had to slide over, but he does not step up far enough. He steps back, when the guard slides back over, but he doesn't step far enough back. He is is the middle. That is the zone of uncertainty. His body language oozes uncertainty. In his actions, he does not commit, because he isn't certain where he is supposed to be. This happens regularly, and it isn't really difficult to see. I would be willing to bet money that is exactly what JB sees, and that is why JB feels that he isn't ready.

He is athletic enough that he can, at times, get away with it. Which means that he will occasionally make a really good play. You can also see he has the desire necessary to be a good rebounder. But, the nature of the 2-3 zone requires everyone to work together, and the zone as a whole suffers greatly, when one player does not know how to play it. In this way, it is unlike m2m, where 4 great defenders can come very close to completely hiding one bad defender.

If this was true, I'd expect to see a lot more made baskets on his side, but you just don't see that. Trust me, I just watched the entire GT game again, and he wasn't perfect, but he wasn't giving up buckets. Isn't that what defense is about?

You should go find a Buffalo fan board. The other Buffalo fan is probably getting lonely.

Salt-.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom