Tell me again why Patterson hasn't played this year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tell me again why Patterson hasn't played this year

I honestly don't see Buss getting much pt here. No disrespect to him but Cooney's in front for the next two years, KJ may get time there if Ennis stays and Richardson coming soon. Doesn't include Silent G or if BJ plays some time at the two. Lots of depth there.

If his game Is up to it, he'll get some pt. Cooney can't play 35 mpg his entire career and he could surpass G at some point. Injuries happen, and early entrys happen. If Ennis leaves early we'll be looking at a frosh pg again with G Likely to grab some backup pg minutes. It all eventually works out and good players will end up on the court.

JohnCuse44 said:
No freaking chance he transfers... Get a grip

I'm not saying he is. But if there is one guy who would based on PT and future PT it would be him.

Because of his age I doubt he would.

I'm not saying he is. But if there is one guy who would based on PT and future PT it would be him.

Because of his age I doubt he would.

He is the last one I would think of transferring.. schematics and all

Buss has a long way to go before he challenges Cooney and Gbinije for significant minutes.

So because he hit a couple of shots in garbage time against the w mich backups, that clearly means he should have been playing more.

More relevant is the playing time that Roberson got. I thought we would never see him again after his poor showing against GT. Was pretty decent but still lacking strength to finish in traffic. I'm sure the strength and conditioning coach will address that in the off season.
I definitely disagree. Roberson looked lost on defense out there, particularly the play where he hit a baseline jumper, then totally ignored his side of the zone, resulting in a layup for WMU.

I love when people twist my words on this board. No I don't think he should get twenty minutes in a tournament game, but what I do see in the four minutes of the game is someone who can actually shoot the damn ball. It may have helped out ten games ago if Boeheim actually played him a little and we could of had a fourth option at guard.

Also for the love of god you guys are sensitive. I wasn't attacking JB. I wasn't challenging his choices. I was just giving the literal answer. It's JB's choice whether or not to play Buss.

I agree with how he's handled it...with few exceptions.

Buss has a long way to go before he challenges Cooney and Gbinije for significant minutes.

I'm not so sure. I think Buss has the potential to offer a lot more bench scoring that Gbinije. Wouldn't be surprised to see him carve out a role next year as a bench guard.

I'm not so sure. I think Buss has the potential to offer a lot more bench scoring that Gbinije. Wouldn't be surprised to see him carve out a role next year as a bench guard.

Fine with me as long as he fixes his dribble and puts on some weight.

He looks very..not bus like without the dreads.

I love when people twist my words on this board. No I don't think he should get twenty minutes in a tournament game, but what I do see in the four minutes of the game is someone who can actually shoot the damn ball. It may have helped out ten games ago if Boeheim actually played him a little and we could of had a fourth option at guard.
Think about what you just wrote. Fourth option? You do not need a fourth option at guard. If we are playing our fourth option, it better be in GARBAGE time, like tonight.

Makes two three pointers in four minutes and plays defense. If he transfers its all Boeheims fault. Ridiculous that he hasn't played.

I thought about this and was wondering if somehow Paterson is in JBs doghouse.

No freaking chance he transfers... Get a grip

I agree. It may be a year or two but he will get his chance. The real question is will he keep up the work ethic so when he does get his chance he scores?

I concur with this. G's handle has never looked that impressive to me (at least he doesn't seem light years ahead of Patterson in a small sample size), and he seems to throw a lot of lazy passes. Overall, he just seems to lack the type of instincts you would want from a guard, and he isn't big/athletic enough to make the switch the small forward.

That being said in the past couple games he's had a couple nice drives to the rim - the one today resulting in a nice assist. Still not sure what I think of his long-term prospects.

Makes two three pointers in four minutes and plays defense. If he transfers its all Boeheims fault. Ridiculous that he hasn't played.

He's not transferring. Kid is already 21 years old. Would be 23 before he saw the court again as a R-SOPHOMORE. He's going to be a valuable part of the program - patience.

I love Buss and the three sons.

But realistically speaking, he's not nearly as versatile on offense as Cooney is (though Cooney needs to take advantage of said versatility) and he's not nearly as defensively efficient as Gbinije.

I was elated to see all three of our small guards play well tonight. Cooney lit up the board. Gbinije made some great passes/dishes and Buss sunk 2 threes and looked like he was having the time of his life.

I love Buss and the three sons.

But realistically speaking, he's not nearly as versatile on offense as Cooney is (though Cooney needs to take advantage of said versatility) and he's not nearly as defensively efficient as Gbinije.

I was elated to see all three of our small guards play well tonight. Cooney lit up the board. Gbinije made some great passes/dishes and Buss sunk 2 threes and looked like he was having the time of his life.

He should have kept the dreadlocks. He looked more menacing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom