Tell me why Dino stays? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tell me why Dino stays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this but the admin will look at the injuries and there is some validity to them.
OG was a huge loss
Shrader never recovered from surgery and then he was injured in the second game.
3 starters out on the offensive line .
YES injuries are part of the game but we basically lost our offense around the Army game.
Even with the injuries if not for a missed field goal
( horrible call not to go for it)
And missed extra point plus a fumble on the second half kickoff we win this game.
If Shrader and OG had been healthy we win 8 this year.
PLEASE know that i think he is a horrible game day coach. One of the absolute worst.
BUT the admin might look at 6 wins, look at about 8 million all in, look at a soft schedule next year and make the call to extend Dino with a very favorable contract. One with an incentive based comp plan and very low buyout and roll with him next year.
I personally want him gone but i believe there is better than a 50% chance he is retained if we beat wake.
I can see this scenario playing out but it mostly made me wonder where the “dislike” button is on this msg board (not to you but the admin thinking that way).

Usually I’m in favor of giving a coach enough time to prove himself and to find his groove. But it’s been eight years. If Dino was going to turn it around, it would have already happened. It’s enough.

Either announce tomorrow morning that he is out after the Wake game or announce it after the Wake game. But there’s no reason to be excited about ‘24 and thereafter if he stays.

As I’ve mentioned before, the ‘24 schedule is not too tough. Good time to break in a new coach.

“He’s a great ambassador to the program, the media loves him!” Dino is by all accounts a great human being, unfortunately for him that doesn’t help him win football games and isn’t in the job description of being a head coach. Give me a slimeball over a nice guy if the slimeball can win games.

Here are my wishes;

1. Beat Wake
2. Release Dino (it’s a shame; although I never wanted him signed to an extension but I want all SU coaches to be successful and he seemed like a decent guy)
3. Win bowl game with interim coach
4. Get solid previous HC (I actually think an Al Golden type is probably what the program needs but this is an inexact science)
5. Strengthen NE recruiting/dip into ACC footprint/hit portal - rebuild (unfortunately, it’s going to take time again)
6. Get a qb who’s can throw the forward pass
7. Success in Red Autrys first year
8. An apology from the obnoxious Pollyannas on this board who said things like I was “miserable” and other types of immaturity when I pointed out at 4-0 that I didn’t think this team was very good, which I framed in a fair and reasonable way. I see none of those people on the board now. What great “fans” they are. They have some twisted alternate reality that they want no one to penetrate with analytical thought. But look who’s still here cheering for the team, even though we’re a complete disaster, me! There are others on this board who deserve that same apology from that crew, but it’s very bush league that they can’t say, “hey, I was wrong”
They did make a brief comeback last week after the gimmick game but they’ve been silenced now probably permanently.

Cuse has been blown out routinely and might be the only team in division one who literally does not have a starting qb. It’s not the losses really, it’s how they lose, it’s abysmal.

I would fire him if Cuse beat wake forest 55-0 next week yes we can do better it literally cannot be worse. Cuse has one, ONE, ACC win in year 8.

He came in as an offensive guy and will leave switching to a triple option. It’s literally a meme.
Mic drop

I think common sense pretty much tell us he’s not coming back.

Syracuse is going to be absolutely awful next year no matter who’s the coach. We need to start to rebuild now. It’s worth the investment of the buyout and start over. I don’t think we’ll see Dino on the sidelines next year.
In the portal era it's not a given that we're terrible, especially since we have a creamy soft schedule next season.

A new coach can come in, retain some talent, attract some new talent, and win some football games.

In the portal era it's not a given that we're terrible, especially since we have a creamy soft schedule next season.

A new coach can come in, retain some talent, attract some new talent, and win some football games.
That’s why this is an inflection point right now. It’s a golden opportunity to bring someone in and get them off to something. 6-7 wins for a new coach is the start of something. 6-7 wins for Dino is just more of the same.

To heck with the injury excuses and talk of 6-6. Just fire him and move on. Literally no program in the modern era has accepted this level of incompetence. Star players on every team get injured. The coaches get paid to build depth to absorb injuries in an inherently violent game. If they don’t fire him then good luck with generating revenue through ticket sales next year.

Eh thats weak. If we went 8-4 and got blown out 4 times, you dont fire a guy.

If he wins next week and a bowl game and wndw up at 7-6, you fire him?
Absolutely! This was one of the easiest schedules we would ever have. You couldn't draw up an easier schedule. He's gotta go. How do you go into the season with 1 QB who was almost certainly going to get injured as well as 1 RB who has amazingly made it through the year unschated so far. Just terrible roster management. Instead of wasting scholarships on no name JUCO’s he should have invested more into the portal.

Wildhack will say the kids are still giving 100% under Dino and he was hampered by injuries to his #1 and #2 QB’s. Mark it down. That will be the excuse for retaining Dino.
That's the excuse every year. When haven't we been an infermary? We have the slimmest margins as it is we can't afford being the most penalized team in the conference and an absolute disaster as a game manager. You should have fired him going into the Pitt game. Now they should fire him tomorrow and let Rocky coach the Wake game. Maybe we can win and at least make a crap bowl ruining the easiest schedule imaginable. The defense took a big step down. I don't get why people thought replacing 2 guys with 3 all-acc awards under their belt and thought we’d be ok. You can't replace experienced, proven, upperclassmen, with Rs Fr who have never taken a college snap before.

If I'm Gadsen, if I don't go pro I would want to see which portal QB’s are brought in and who the HC is before even considering to risk his final year of eligibility. I'm sure he’ll have some huge offers.

I’d let him go even if he wins next week.

6-6 is a big slip backwards from last year, considering our very easy schedule this season.

There’s no progress being made with this program.

It’s time. Even at 6-6.
I agree and it’s becoming a logistics issue if we fire him too late too. I envision no decision if we win next week and then him getting pasqualonid post bowl.

No way we win next week. Gimmicks don’t have long lasting success. Wf will be ready

“He’s a great ambassador to the program, the media loves him!” Dino is by all accounts a great human being, unfortunately for him that doesn’t help him win football games and isn’t in the job description of being a head coach. Give me a slimeball over a nice guy if the slimeball can win games.
You ready to support a winning team run by Art Briles or Bobby Petrino?? Personally, I’m rooting for Rich Rod…

I don’t even know if we can do better than this. But I know we have to try. And I know Dino’s not capable of making it happen.

Keeping him means we’re not serious about football.
Can you like a post an infinite number of times?

Hes been better than the prior 3 coaches… Im sure theres some better coaches out there but Jason Beck is seen as up and comer and Rocky Long is a legend. So, what is wrong with the staff?

Do you fire him if we beat Wake next week? Are we going to do better?
unfortunately yes-----

For me, it’s the continued penalties at the absolute worse time. Either drive killers for us or drive extenders for them. Too many personal foul varieties as well. thats my problem with the guy May be nice or whatever but we’re loose cannons on the field. cant commit penalties at rate we do. It changes games.

I agree and it’s becoming a logistics issue if we fire him too late too. I envision no decision if we win next week and then him getting pasqualonid post bowl.

No way we win next week. Gimmicks don’t have long lasting success. Wf will be ready
We scored more on O vs GA Tech and they were “ready.” Issue was the first half D and 2nd half KO.

Oh and we didn’t have a third rushing option either without Shrader.

I don’t even know if we can do better than this. But I know we have to try. And I know Dino’s not capable of making it happen.

Keeping him means we’re not serious about football.
This is a good post. My concern is that the best this program can do is the 6-7 wins and a Pinstripe Bowl. It hasn’t shown that it can compete with decent P5 schools, let alone the factory schools that are basically playing a different sport at this point.

I get that, that was demoralizing as a fan. I just dont know. I dont know how we could fire him if we win next week. I like our staff w Beck and Long. Dont forget both of those coordinators are in year 1 here.
Do you like watching foolish in game decisions? Do you like collapsing every November? Do you like 10 penalties per game, many of them due to lack of on-field discipline?

It's all maddening to me. 6-6 is mediocrity, and that record isn't a one-off that you can dismiss as an outlier. I think you dismiss him for his body of work, not managing to win 2 conference games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom