tempo or bust | Syracusefan.com

tempo or bust

upperdeck

Living Legend
it seems after 2 games. that almost every drive we get 2 first downs we end up going right down the field and distance doesnt matter. the lack of any decent run blocking is just scary. no idea where the mistakes are happening and almost scared to rewatch the UL game but hopefully they figure something out so we dont have to give away every first down run.

some people say we ran so many more plays thats why we got 400 yds, but thats ignoring that we had 7-10 three and outs that probably netted 30 yds. thats almost like those plays never happened.

we ran 60 plays in the first half and UL was confused and gassed several times. too bad we struggled in the 2nd half and wasted a decent effort on D in the 3rd when we were a drive from really being in the game. a blown red zone and missed field goal from being down 4 after a disaster on D for a whole half. thats hard to wrap your head around.

UL probably has 7-8 guys on offense that we would kill to have and maybe even more. thats the talent gap we need to over come.

we wanted more excitement to get people into the Dome. 1200 yds in a game. 90 pts. and the dome will be empty next week.

Run game
1. New system, will take a bit
2. Colgate sold out to stop the run
3. Louisville has a NT and Mike LB that will be 1st or 2nd team all ACC and play on Sundays
Real test for the run game will be this game coming up, BUT here is the rub with Dino's offense we take what they give us. Having said all that the run game does need some work and let's hope the OL gels together nicely for this week.

We did have Louisville gassed on a number of drives and then they got those damn cramps that require you to squirt water on your hammy and laugh while running off the field, hate those.

I've realized it's more than just exciting offense that enough fans to better fill that place want.

It's exciting offense, believing we can win, and price point.

Only one of the three were working for us Friday. Most locals I talked to Friday did not think we could win. And the majority of empty seats were either $125 or $180.

Run game
1. New system, will take a bit
2. Colgate sold out to stop the run
3. Louisville has a NT and Mike LB that will be 1st or 2nd team all ACC and play on Sundays
Real test for the run game will be this game coming up, BUT here is the rub with Dino's offense we take what they give us. Having said all that the run game does need some work and let's hope the OL gels together nicely for this week.

We did have Louisville gassed on a number of drives and then they got those damn cramps that require you to squirt water on your hammy and laugh while running off the field, hate those.

Best way to get rid of cramps is the hamstring water squirt. Scientifically proven. By this guy.
upload_2016-9-11_11-31-33.png

The 3 and outs are frustrating but I am sorry when you give up 840 yards and 62 points you will lose. Ask Texas Tech last night. They put up a ton but allowed a kid to rush for 8 TDs. The D was a disaster. I hope they can make some adjustments quickly, USF is a good team who can score. Looking at our personnel I am not sure how much adjusting we can make.

I am not discouraged at all by Friday night's performance. I fully support the offensive system and have high hopes for the future, but there was nothing exciting about punting eleven times, several three and outs, and multiple possessions where the offense failed to gain a yard.

I am not discouraged at all by Friday night's performance. I fully support the offensive system and have high hopes for the future, but there was nothing exciting about punting eleven times, several three and outs, and multiple possessions where the offense failed to gain a yard.
nicely stated. my issue is the defense failed to stop a yard. i did enjoy most of the punts --it always amazes me how high they get, lost them in the lights at times

forget the "Fast" hashtags. forget the 16-18 game learning curve. we need to be game plan specific and plan for each opponent, not 18 games away. the only way to possibly beat Louisville is keeping Jackson on the sidelines by controlling the clock. we should have played as slow as possible.

forget the "Fast" hashtags. forget the 16-18 game learning curve. we need to be game plan specific and plan for each opponent, not 18 games away. the only way to possibly beat Louisville is keeping Jackson on the sidelines by controlling the clock. we should have played as slow as possible.
Photobucket burning couchPhotobucket burning couchPhotobucket burning couchPhotobucket burning couchPhotobucket burning couchPhotobucket burning couchPhotobucket burning couchPhotobucket burning couch

Woodchuck said:

You should probably find a new team to root for while Babers is here. He don't do that.

It takes all kinds I guess.

I've realized it's more than just exciting offense that enough fans to better fill that place want.

Only one of the three were working for us Friday. Most locals I talked to Friday did not think we could win. And the majority of empty seats were either $125 or $180.
It's ludicrous that we are still talking about this.

I was surprised but the majority of empty seats were on the third tier this game. The third tier on the visitor's side was almost empty. My nephew sat there and was pretty darn easy to find. The third tier corners were also pretty empty. The first 2 tiers were much better than at Colgate. Maybe people moved down because of the heat?

Nah, we still lose and in a style that turns off recruits. My goodness we're two games in. Given the guy a chance to sell his system to the recruits that can turn this thing around. You don't do that by saying you'll play one style and then playing the opposite way.

I was surprised but the majority of empty seats were on the third tier this game. The third tier on the visitor's side was almost empty. My nephew sat there and was pretty darn easy to find. The third tier corners were also pretty empty. The first 2 tiers were much better than at Colgate. Maybe people moved down because of the heat?

The 3rd tier corner above the visiting section was listed as unavailable on ticket master all week. I'm not sure why.

But yeah, that Louisville sideline upper deck from goal line to goal line, I estimated 20% capacity. I've never seen it that empty.

The first 2 tiers were much better than at Colgate. Maybe people moved down because of the heat?
Nah if anything it made more sense to move all the way up to the top to escape the bodies. Plus there was a nice breeze coming from the air ducts in row Z.

The 3rd tier corner above the visiting section was listed as unavailable on ticket master all week. I'm not sure why.

But yeah, that Louisville sideline upper deck from goal line to goal line, I estimated 20% capacity. I've never seen it that empty.
I believe the university was leaving that section open for student overflow.

Sorry, but that makes no sense. You can't ask a team that spends all its practice time working on one style to all of a sudden do a 180. If they had done that the only difference would have been fewer points for us. We are what we are and offer are ever to perfect our offense we need practice and game experience.

It's ludicrous that we are still talking about this.

agreed, I think it's safe to say that the fan base is at an all time low.. They aren't coming back until we win games and I'm not talking 6-6 or 7-5. Just time to move on. The bumps we use to get with a new staff was before we changed coaches all the time.. Joe public doesn't care and nor should they really.. wake them up when there is something to see.

I can tell from my own perspective as my buddies who are casual fans don't even know if Syracuse won or lost on Monday morning

agreed, I think it's safe to say that the fan base is at an all time low.. They aren't coming back until we win games and I'm not talking 6-6 or 7-5. Just time to move on. The bumps we use to get with a new staff was before we changed coaches all the time.. Joe public doesn't care and nor should they really.. wake them up when there is something to see.

I can tell from my own perspective as my buddies who are casual fans don't even know if Syracuse won or lost on Monday morning
i can't take the empty seats on the sideline. if they keep up this pricing, they're going to tarp off the good seats and leave the bad seats open like the world's dumbest minor league team

Sorry, but that makes no sense. You can't ask a team that spends all its practice time working on one style to all of a sudden do a 180. If they had done that the only difference would have been fewer points for us. We are what we are and offer are ever to perfect our offense we need practice and game experience.
I agree with you regarding the offense not trying to slow down. On defense however, I think you need to be flexible enough to modify your game plan to the opposing offense. Not sure if we did or didn't. I've read quite a few posts saying we don't have the personnel to run the Tampa 2; if true, why run it?

The Dome will have 25 to 35K tops for the rest of the year unless the team goes on a run. SU is going to have to lower the middle for awhile and when Babers starts winning keep edging the price back up and definitely have only 44K seats when the Dome is redone. Footballs version of Cameron. Build it (winning football) and they will come.

The paint dried a bit on Friday but I fully expect this to get faster and more efficient as the year progresses. Still will have some ups and downs though but the ups will increase and the downs will of course decrease.

i can't take the empty seats on the sideline. if they keep up this pricing, they're going to tarp off the good seats and leave the bad seats open like the world's dumbest minor league team
But wait, the answer isn't to lower prices. I was told that lowering prices devalues the product. And we all know how much value our product has right now.

I dont think prices is the issue right now.. plenty of cheap tickets. people want a winner.. being entertained is not enough, not sure scoring points matters. 4 winnable games and two that i dont think are stretches in the next 6 weeks. if they can go 3-3 all hope is not lost. ND is not all that great either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom