Tennessee hires Jeremy Pruitt | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee hires Jeremy Pruitt

From Fulmer at the press conference:

-Fulmer: I hope to be a stabilizing and unifying force. Sometimes when you're younger you screw it up and when you're older you don't make the same mistakes. Everybody here wants to be champions. We need communication and trust and working together to make it happen.

What an egotist.

Ask him why Fulmer nixed the Leach hire? Fulmer is not clean in this. He's been pulling his own strings.
He didn't say he was clean. He was behind all of it. Who knows why he did what he did other than to get the results he got? Maybe he didn't like Leach. Maybe he perceives the short term loss of Leach is less damaging than the further long term influence of Haslem. There is bad blood between him and Haslem and he'll be seen as a hero by the fanbase, if the football team has success in the near future. They don't care how dirty he played to make it happen.

Is that the Tobias Harris rock?
It's a tradition that the rock is painted almost daily, sometimes multiple times a day. The messages make news when there is something big going on.

and Haslem's brother is the governor of TN. Fulmer will do what he's told.
Maybe. His term is up in 2019. I'm not sure he wants to get mixed up with anything going on with his brother given the legal situation with Pilot/Flying J, especially since he probably has plans to run for senate.

Honestly, an AD that won a NC at Tennessee as head coach probably has more power with the populace than the governor. Tennessee football is the god they worship here. If Fulmer was that worried about Bill helping out his brother, he probably wouldn't have pulled his power play in the first place.

Don’t you dare turn this epically beautiful thread into a uni thread

Can we work “Rutgers” into the thread somehow then?

Oh wait, I guess we kind of did with the “dumpster fire” concept.

December is turning into an epic month; bowl or no bowl

I believe we have to change our way of thinking about this situation.

The situation in Knoxville has surpassed the "Dumpster Fire" stage and has now progressed to the "Tire Dump Fire" stage.
Tennessee is making Rutgers look good.

This actually makes a lot of sense with Fulmer being the AD. Wonder what initial fan reaction will be? They’ll get sick of him quick though, it’ll be interesting to see how things go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom