Tennessee hires Jeremy Pruitt | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Tennessee hires Jeremy Pruitt

I could see Venables as a possibility. He's been an assistant for a long time and been a finalist for some jobs, but never gotten one. At this point, he might take anything just to get a head coach job.

they are crowd sourcing their selection so it's who the fans want as their coach.

I don't think that's Kiffin. When I said "they" I was referring to the true AD at Tennessee, the insane fanbase lol

There's only one logical choice to satisfy Tennessee fans.....

Coach by committee of Tennessee fans. You can win a raffle to be the fan coach of the week, and each week will have a different drawing.

They hate each other. They'd hire Schiano before re-hiring Kiffin I think.

Not completely true, some would gladly take him back amid a lot of the other names being thrown around......

You would think any coach would love to do his work at a place like this:

After all, they've won "6 national championships"!

Their 6 titles: Tennessee Volunteers football - Wikipedia

1938 could be a co-championship with Texas Christian, who won the AP poll. The 1940 team lost to Boston College in the Sugar Bowl. Minnesota was ranked #1 in the AP poll that year. The 1950 title is dependent on counting bowls results. 1951 is dependent on not counting bowl results. They can have one or the other but not both. In 1967, Southern California, Tennessee, Oklahoma and Indiana were all 9-1 and ranked in that order. USC beat Indiana in the Rose Bowl while Oklahoma beat Tennessee in the Orange Bowl. They legitmately won the 1998 title in the first BCS title game. I'd give them 2 1/2: shared in 1938, 1950 and 1998.

Last edited:
Fulmer might just name himself HC...

Maybe that was his play all along.

Just don't see venables as a head coach.

I kinda see it being like us hiring Dave Warner from MSU (another career coordinator/positions coach). The main difference being Warner played for us and Venables played for Kansas State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom