Terrel Hunt | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Terrel Hunt

Jake said:
Really. I feel awful if he's done for the year. I think it'll probably cost us a bowl bid. But it's the reason why the staff named Dungey #2, because he's the best backup. Which was the point I've been trying to make. But some people were ore concerned with 2019...than this year. Thank god the staff gave him the reps necessary to have him #2 for the opener...instead of think,,,,my god he could be a great 5th year senior.

I think it's more a product of Wilson not being good, Long barely practiced with his hand.

It's almost always better to redshirt QBs because true freshman QBs are almost never ready. Tonight was fun but if Hunt is done it's going to be a long year. We're just going to be too limited in what we can do in the passing game.

Future is bright, a lot to like tonight. But things are going to get a lot harder, starting with next week's must win. I just hope our D system is so strong that it's reload not rebuild. It's possible based on what we saw tonight. URI never crossed the 50. That's crazy.

Hunt becomes a "coach". Kid knows the game and can be a big help to the other QBs. Who knows, he could make a good grad assistant, then a position coach later on. His attitude, knowledge, leadership and personality could make him a good coach.

I feel terrible for Hunt. Man he can't catch a break. I hope he is able to come back this year, if not we're basically right back in the same boat we were last year. Dungey goes down and we're screwed.

Losing Terrel Is huge but i might be more worried about losing Phillips. Kid is our best playmaker.

PhatOrange said:
Losing Terrel Is huge but i might be more worried about losing Phillips. Kid is our best playmaker.

They kept him out as a precaution- Shafer didn't seem to concerned.

I'm more worried about Hunt because I think that Strickland can pick up the slack as the season progresses and he gets his legs under him. He's a talent. Beyond Dungey it's worrisome to say the least.

Hunt becomes a "coach". Kid knows the game and can be a big help to the other QBs. Who knows, he could make a good grad assistant, then a position coach later on. His attitude, knowledge, leadership and personality could make him a good coach.

this is a classic "reach" post seeing the sunny side of life.

hope you're right... but we have no clue as of now.

Really feel bad for Hunt. He didn't deserve to go out like that. But with that said I don't think we miss a beat with Dungey.

Makes you wonder how much last years injury could have caused this one too. Did the ACL get affectedt then? Did he come back a little too soon or hard for an inactive ACL. Could he have partially torn it earlier and now it just gave? I like Dungey but no doubt this REALY hurts us this year. Maybe much more as it could end up costing Shafer his job and put us in start over with a new staff and system mode. A shame because there was a lot of good in that game.

this is a classic "reach" post seeing the sunny side of life.

hope you're right... but we have no clue as of now.
Not really a reach in that Hunt spent a lot of time with Lester, learning a lot last season while he was out.

Prayers are with you Terrel Hunt. Nothing more can be said us fans will be with you. Get healthy and work your butt off in rehab as you can be member of the 2016 team.

This poor guy has had so much happen to him it's tragic he went down tonite. I just feel flat out horrible for him. It sucks.

Makes you wonder how much last years injury could have caused this one too. Did the ACL get affectedt then? Did he come back a little too soon or hard for an inactive ACL. Could he have partially torn it earlier and now it just gave? I like Dungey but no doubt this REALY hurts us this year. Maybe much more as it could end up costing Shafer his job and put us in start over with a new staff and system mode. A shame because there was a lot of good in that game.
Nobody said anything about an ACL. It's his Achilles per everyone else in the thread.

We will see Dungey against a pretty good Wake defence no?

Idk, let's not undermine the Hunt loss just yet.

Forward looking staffs think about down the road more than having the best back up. He is good it seems and is going to play and no one disagrees with him starting games. The idea that we would have been better if he was just a back up, just amazes me.

You honestly think these guys have 5 years to play with? Not you, but he hoop program's stability has spoiled people on a coach's lifespan.

Recovery time for a young athlete is 6 to 9 months per a story about Kobe's torn Achilles. Hunt has had a tough life and I really feel bad for this kid.

Whitey23 said:
Arm issue. Was a nerve last year. Not sure if that's the same problem.

If I recall correctly it's a nerve issue in his wrist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom