Terrible, horrible movies to avoid | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Terrible, horrible movies to avoid

Wes Anderson is the director I would have been.

I don’t really like his animated stuff, but I don’t like animation much in general. But Tenenbaums is one of my favorites. After that, though, because of that standard, I started to be initially disappointed in his subsequent films. Because they weren’t Tenebaums. Until I viewed them again and could take them for what they are individually. Zissou, Budapest, Darjeeling... I love the faux retro styling and sets, the costuming, the actor troupe. No one else has such a strong aesthetic.

Thats on my list to check out. Another good alternative history one is Man in the High Castle.

Man in the High Castle is excellent.

Yes - it takes a while to get going.
And the premise is pretty awful, so naturally there are disturbing things that happen due to that premise.

But the production values are amazing.
Story is compelling.
Great characters, excellent acting.

And several serious “WTAF just happened??!!” plot twists.

So I watched Netflix latest space movie Stowaway ... and it was as terrible as it was predictable ..

Tarantino helped screenplay “True Romance”, which is one of the greatest movies ever made.

That said, yes, he’s overrated.
I’m not sure what this is supposed to mean, but yeah, he wrote it. First script he sold.

I’m not sure what this is supposed to mean, but yeah, he wrote it. First script he sold.

I guess writing it helped

Inglorious Bastards is hands down Tarantino's best work, and the opening milk scene and the bar scene are legitimately two of the most suspenseful scenes I've ever seen all time. Surprised to see the comments on this thread of all places, which should be reserved for movies like "Leonard Part 6."
Leonard Part 6 might be the worst movie I ever watched in the theatre. But hey, Cosby is free now to do a part 7. Prince of tides was a close second, it never ended and the writing sucked, so did the acting come to think of it. But Encino man gets an honorary nod, not one of Brendan Fraser's better roles.

Oh I forgot the coup de gras: Battle Field Earth. Quite possibly the worst movie ever made. It's like plan 9 from outer space but made with a 50 million dollar budget. Seriously, if Ed Wood did make it, people would expect an apology.

I think Barbarella may be legitimately the worst movie ever made.

As a horror fan, the IT movies were trash. I couldn’t even make it through the second one.

If anyone wants a clown movie, check out Terrifier.

As a horror fan, the IT movies were trash. I couldn’t even make it through the second one.

If anyone wants a clown movie, check out Terrifier.

I loved the book when I was a kid. The new movies were pretty disappointing.
The movies make the cheesy, old mini-series with Tim Curry as Pennywise look good.

Vanilla Sky should replace waterboarding during interrogations.
Lol - 16 years ago, my now wife came over my house to watch Vanilla Sky (my pick - 1st time we’d seen it)…

Knowing what I know now, I do not think I could’ve made a worse selection. Not only because the movie is painfully boring, long and obtuse but because it is literally the furthest thing from her taste I could’ve actually selected.

It’s really a miracle our relationship made it through that abomination.

The Black Dahlia with Josh Hartnett that came out in the mid-2000s was the single stupidest movie I’ve ever seen. We had no idea what was going on and I actually fell asleep in the theater. We just left halfway through.

Saw the Beguiled last week. Have to say I think Sofia Coppola may be one of the most overrated directors in Hollywood today. The movie was horrendous. So many stars in that cast, and was just a terrible film.

I had liked Ken Russell's previous work and even convinced my parents to go to this mess. It turned out to be an attempt by a director to see how fast he could empty the theater by throwing one horrendous image after another at them.

1627484187600.png

Bridget Byrne of the LA Weekly alternately praised the film as "brilliant, audacious, and grotesque," likening it to a fairytale, but added that audiences "have to grasp its philosophy, work out the undercurrents of seriousness, close the structural gaps for [themselves], even as [they] are transported by a literal orgy of splendor."

Yeah...right...